Device that warns drivers about collisions launched today

Darthrevan

mobile-eye-spring-sg-260501e.jpg
mobile-eye-spring-sg-260503e.jpg

A device that can warn drivers of impending collisions was launched on Monday morning, under a move to reduce road accidents here.

Consisting of a camera and screen mounted on the car dashboard, it can also help alert drivers to speed limits on the roads and warn them if they are drifting out of the lane.
Called the Mobileye Telemetrics Advanced Driver Assistance System, it is an initiative of the Singapore Transport Association (STA) and Spring Singapore, which is supporting companies' adoption of the technology through its Capability Development Grant.
STA chairman Dave Ng said the technology can help improve road safety, especially at a time where the number of accidents involving heavy vehicles are on the rise.
↡ Advertisement

I already have one. The wife.

Haaahaaa sama sama.

Comes with free volume & pitch adjuster. Warns you of "All" impending danger. [:p]

(edited)

Self powered only needs to be "plugged in"once in a while. And never gets stolen too.

Looks like no market for this new device.

Edited by Volvobrick

(edited)

Doesn't look useful at all.

Rather dan rely on a device why not rely on myself?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

basically, all these drivers' assistance devices and technologies are killing drivers' instinct.

I do not remember drivers from the 60s-80s who obtained class 3 manual only license drive as bad as what we see on the road nowadays.

• Praise 2

Doesn't look useful at all.

Rather dan rely on a device why not rely on myself?

Because human are getting lazy and stupid by the day. Otherwise, there weren't be so many accidents on local roads. Take the signal stalk for example, which is just operated by a finger and some cars just need to click once and it will blink 3 times, but I see majority are not signalling.

• Praise 2

like my CO, die die want the parking assist technology. I just tell her to learn the old school parking method instead of relying on all these technology. You never know one day you might need to park a car without the technology and does that mean you not going to drive the car despite you have the license.

(edited)

To me this piece of message is hinting/telling companies with heavy vehicles to install this. On one hand company can make use of the current PIC grant to claim back the money. On the other hand this company promoting this device can get ready to huat ah! LoL...

This is no more dan an advertisement.

Edited by Watwheels

Hypersonic

I already have one. The wife.

[laugh] [laugh] [thumbsup] Can't praise you yet but that is so true!

(edited)

Mobileye is a technology company that develops vision-based Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) providing warnings for collision prevention and mitigation. The firm offers a wide range of driver safety solutions combining artificial vision image processing, multiple technological applications and information technology. Mobileye N.V. is headquartered in the Netherlands, with a R&D Center in Jerusalem, Israel, and sales and marketing offices in Los Angeles, California; Detroit, Michigan; Nicosia, Cyprus; Tokyo, Japan and Duesseldorf, Germany.

-Wikipedia

Edited by Leoloe

ya ah....this takes the skill out of driving where you are to be engaged.

I find it an insult that time on my cars that came with PDT...knn, i dun need these devices to tell me how far i am.

Might as well, all cars be like google driverless cars. no need driver. might as well take mrt

Might as well, all cars be like google driverless cars. no need driver. might as well take mrt

thats actually their intention..to make most drivers switch to public transport

If this is installed at the front, how does it warn you if someone from the side is going to collide onto you?

You may not be kuku driver but others may be...

Does not seem useful to me ...

Hypersonic

If this device is targeted for heavy vehicle, than I am not sure how effective it is if they continue to speed above speed limit? or if they continue to not pay attention to the road when driving?

Best is to increase the fine and penalty when they are caught speeding.

By the way, it is still common to see heavy and commercial vehicle with speed of above 90km/h on our road.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2