Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

Kaoz....confirm ma? Later end of the month comes 40 speeding tickets. One in each direction every working day. Lol

ECP is clear. I self check  [thumbsup]

Volvo and TP not counted one hor ... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

btw, for those using KPE to get to TPE, do moderate your speed nearing TPE, sometimes got Volvo or TP with speed cam around the bend.

once I saw a few there, maybe instructor teaching newbies ... [laugh]

seriously very scary to have unmarked cars!

If word of this gets around more, I think the number of cars speeding would go down a lot.. may be pretty effective if you think about it.

But on the other hand I can't imagine constantly driving at 50kmh and below on normal roads.. *shudder*

• Praise 1

Black Renault Fluence SKH7974X.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Rental vehicle???

Vehicle No. : SKH7974X

Vehicle Type : R10 - Private Hire (Self-Drive) Motor Car

Vehicle Attachment 1 : No Attachment

Vehicle Scheme : Normal

Vehicle Make : RENAULT

Vehicle Model : FLUENCE 1.6L CVT ABS DAB 2WD 4DR SR

Chassis No. : VF1LZB50TUC254819

Propellant: Petrol

Engine No. : H4MC721F107850

Engine Capacity : 1598 cc

Maximum Power Output: 82.0 kW  (109 bhp)

Maximum Laden Weight: 1780 kg

Unladen Weight: 1315 kg

Year Of Manufacture: 2011

Original Registration Date: 17 Jan 2013

Lifespan Expiry Date : -

COE Category : A - Car (1600cc & below)

Quota Premium : $92,100.00

COE Expiry Date : 16 Jan 2023

Road Tax Expiry Date : 16 Jan 2016

PARF Eligibility Expiry Date : 16 Jan 2023

Inspection Due Date : 16 Jan 2018

Edited by Toyota82
  • Praise 1

seriously very scary to have unmarked cars!

If word of this gets around more, I think the number of cars speeding would go down a lot.. may be pretty effective if you think about it.

But on the other hand I can't imagine constantly driving at 50kmh and below on normal roads.. *shudder*

They have been using unmarked vehicles for at least 3 to 4 years.

Rental vehicle???

Vehicle No. : SKH7974X

Vehicle Type : R10 - Private Hire (Self-Drive) Motor Car

Vehicle Attachment 1 : No Attachment

Vehicle Scheme : Normal

Vehicle Make : RENAULT

Vehicle Model : FLUENCE 1.6L CVT ABS DAB 2WD 4DR SR

Chassis No. : VF1LZB50TUC254819

Propellant: Petrol

Engine No. : H4MC721F107850

Engine Capacity : 1598 cc

Maximum Power Output: 82.0 kW  (109 bhp)

Maximum Laden Weight: 1780 kg

Unladen Weight: 1315 kg

Year Of Manufacture: 2011

Original Registration Date: 17 Jan 2013

Lifespan Expiry Date : -

COE Category : A - Car (1600cc & below)

Quota Premium : $92,100.00

COE Expiry Date : 16 Jan 2023

Road Tax Expiry Date : 16 Jan 2016

PARF Eligibility Expiry Date : 16 Jan 2023

Inspection Due Date : 16 Jan 2018

Haha, police also not stupid. Use rental cars as unmarked vehicles, swap cars after 1 month. Impossible for anyone to keep track.

They have been using unmarked vehicles for at least 3 to 4 years.

Seriously?? I really didn't know that.. [shocked]

Then luckily I haven't been caught by one before I guess [laugh]

Not that I speed excessively or anything, but honestly not many SG drivers drive at 50 kmh and below..

• Praise 3

I heard black paint when kenna scratched accidentally leave very obvious scars compared to white cars.

Any truth in that?

Quite true, scratches on silver cars are least obvious

• Praise 1

Traffic Police start trials on new speed cameras

lta-cam.png

The Traffic Police has started conducting tests on new speed cameras. These cameras will potentially come into operation in 2016

Trials are currently being done on cameras installed along Lornie Road and Jalan Kayu - roads that have been blacklisted as speeding zones

The new speed cameras are set to reduce the reliance on manpower as they run automatically for the entire day

The Traffic Police said more details will be given during its Annual Statistics Report in January 2016. 

Drivers has mixed views on more speed cameras on the roads. A driver Channel NewsAsia spoke to welcomed the move, while another felt that it would instill a sense of caution in drivers. 

A taxi driver said more speed cameras would benefit everyone, but it may be an issue for those driving taxis. "Because if you don't travel fast, you don't earn much money. Everybody (will) have to slow down, so in the end, we lose out," he said.

• Praise 1

Traffic Police start trials on new speed cameras

lta-cam.png

The Traffic Police has started conducting tests on new speed cameras. These cameras will potentially come into operation in 2016

Trials are currently being done on cameras installed along Lornie Road and Jalan Kayu - roads that have been blacklisted as speeding zones

The new speed cameras are set to reduce the reliance on manpower as they run automatically for the entire day

The Traffic Police said more details will be given during its Annual Statistics Report in January 2016. 

Drivers has mixed views on more speed cameras on the roads. A driver Channel NewsAsia spoke to welcomed the move, while another felt that it would instill a sense of caution in drivers. 

A taxi driver said more speed cameras would benefit everyone, but it may be an issue for those driving taxis. "Because if you don't travel fast, you don't earn much money. Everybody (will) have to slow down, so in the end, we lose out," he said.

HO HO HO... mobile become fixed and shoot backside one.

• Praise 1

Now no need People standing or sitting under hot sun catch speedster lao. New technology and very bright colour. Very easy to spot it.

So no need complain that TP always hiding and don't know from where they shoot the cam and tio summon. Once saw the new device and speeding no way to Siam and say cheese..

post-14834-0-36956300-1449975486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Overly sensitive speed cameras end up causing traffic congestion when people haul their cars down to 60-70km/h as they pass the speed cameras. This is especially apparent along the AYE where these cameras trip at barely over 90kph, sending a godawful flash which scares everyone into slowing down the next time. I never did get that letter, so some may say, its just a warning. 

The LTA can set up their traffic monitoring surveys before, at, and after the speed cams, they know this to be true. Its just stupid that speed cameras slow down the flow of traffic needlessly, which then create the phantom need for ERP. 

• Praise 1