Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

1km??? Wow.

heard that the camera quite powerful, can capture up to 30+ cars within the range [sweatdrop]

but 1km seem to be far fetch.

↡ Advertisement

Rather than installing and catch those speedster above 10-20km/h

Why dont they increase the speed limit of the road? There is a reason why they catch many speedsters on those road, cause the speed limit is Ridiculous!

Once again, wasting tax payers money by implementing more speed cameras under the hypocrisy of safety.....

Its just becoming too often our freedom and liberty is taken from us using safety as the reason.....

• Praise 2

Likewise, I was travelling on PIE last sat after dinner twds Stevens rd. Speed was around 75km/h and there were about two cars on first lane while i was on second lane. The camera flash triggered and i couldn't make out who triggered it.

The authorities also don't really know who triggered it... They usually just fine all in the photo. They never justify to those fined (heavy handed tactics by the authorities) and those fined usually never contest the summon(the authorities take full advantage of this fact)

heard that the camera quite powerful, can capture up to 30+ cars within the range [sweatdrop]

I OWE YOU.

Got it? Passive device.

Speed hump lah. Everyone flying on the stretch mentioned. If 'long chia' will be like mass murder lo.

Clap clap to the guys who implemented this.

Obey the law, no hab speeding ticket lor. If I want to speed, I go drive around Grand Canyon with 35mph/50kmph switchbacks. Very song one. Try it.

Edited by Super366
  • Praise 1

Just saw orange post up on Loyang Ave towards changi village direction before traffic light junction turning to Loyang Way. Another speed camera to be up soon.

• Praise 1

I travel daily on pie, so far have seen it flashed several times

One day I drove past and it flashed but I am very sure it's below 80 km

Was very puzzled too

• Praise 1

I travel daily on pie, so far have seen it flashed several times

One day I drove past and it flashed but I am very sure it's below 80 km

Was very puzzled too

Yah, me too, it's flashing like nobody's business. I think it's flashing theopposite side.

• Praise 1

Yah, me too, it's flashing like nobody's business. I think it's flashing theopposite side.

I think so it's flashing the opposite, just recently as I was driving near, and I noticed all the cars traveling towards Lornie are quite slow speed but the opposite cars towards Tuas are traveling fast especially two cars that went past

I guess it's flashing the opp, gave me a fright though...

• Praise 1

Don't you think the constant flashing slow everybody down then and next few days thinking about the speeding ticket? No summon also has the effect of instilling fear in you.

Supercharged

Ya I writing also feel a bit exaggerated. I not sure what's the distance between the cams and the next 80km/h speed limit sign, but that's around where I got 'shot'...

• Praise 2

Drove from Changi Village and saw a speed camera with its nice orange pole setup (camera not mounted yet) at Loyang Avenue between Loyang Lane and Loyang Way.

Didn't take picture so npnt. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/is-this-a-speed-camera-it-was-unmanned-and-placed-directly-facing-road-on-overhead

Is this a speed camera? It was placed on overhead bridge near Thomson Plaza

Posted on 27 May 2015 | 802 views | 5 comments

Stomper Savior of Humanity spotted what he thinks is a speed camera that was placed on an overhead bridge near Thomson Plaza yesterday (May 26).

The Stomper said it was unmanned. In an email to Stomp, the Stomper wrote:

"Not sure what this technology is but it could be a potential unmanned speed camera.

"Think it's good to let everyone know.

"Good for the public as they now know of the superb equipment that can catch errant motorists in the act.

"Good for the police too as there would be less 'chiongsters' on the roads."

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

NB....even I am travelling way below the speed limit also can kana camera.

This strectch of road is 90km/hr....heading towards woodlands

hope im not the targeted driver.

(I have another video showing the actual speed of the car during the incident)

Fast forward to 37seconds (camera flashed at 45seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaH2yjsj2Uc&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Mcf777

For those driving slightly above the speed limit most of the time, please take note that other than the White Vios and Civic, now got Camry also.

No point telling you the number plate cos when you realise it should be too late liao.

As long as see white car behaving suspiciously behind you, just give way.

• Praise 2

Speedster beware.....

For the past 1 week, I had seen about 6-7 NEW speed Cameras installed in Sengkang/Hougang/Punggol estate

Brightly painted in Orleen colour.

• Praise 1

Sometimes it is very hard to know the speed limit of each road. The best is to drive below 80km/h on street and below 90km/h on expressway. These speed should not be too far off from most speed limit and if receive summon, high chance can requestbfor waiver.

• Praise 2

Speedster beware.....

For the past 1 week, I had seen about 6-7 NEW speed Cameras installed in Sengkang/Hougang/Punggol estate

Brightly painted in Orleen colour.

Thanks, but it's quite a joke.

Without any camera as it is now, you'd be speeding from one red light to another.

The lights are all timed to go red, with pedestrian crossing timing as well.

It's happening all over the island.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2