Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

THE END IS NIGH!

With cheaper electronics. Soon big brother can and will watch our everymove. The old days of driving will soon vanish forever. Self driving cars, sat ERP, cameras everywhere, oppressive speed limits to cater to the lowest denominator driver...

I am retiring in Hatyai or something....

↡ Advertisement

Hmm, just want some clarifications, so does any bros know whether does CTE (Chin Swee Tunnel) has speed camera?

A weird lighting problem I have encountered...was travelling 70km/h+ and the taxi infront of me is definitely faster than me. Did not see any flash / lights blinking when the taxi drove past that area.

It feels kind of......eerie actually.

Watch the first seconds and especially the slow motion part, 11seconds of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jKJEoGhjKc&feature=youtu.be

Speed limit 80km/h.

Example of the tunnel are the photos below:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

attachicon.gifCapture2.JPG

Link in google maps:

http://tinyurl.com/nr8f9nw

http://tinyurl.com/ou3gmph

Hope any bro can help out and sort out what is it.

Cheers bros.

I don't think CTE tunnel got speed camera,our TP is kind enough to have warning signs before any FIXED camera.

THE END IS NIGH!

With cheaper electronics. Soon big brother can and will watch our everymove. The old days of driving will soon vanish forever. Self driving cars, sat ERP, cameras everywhere, oppressive speed limits to cater to the lowest denominator driver...

I am retiring in Hatyai or something....

Goodbye

• Praise 1

Was driving yesterday in CTE tunnel and had a weird "blink/flash" in the tunnel when I was driving 70+km/h. The taxi which was infront of me is moving faster than me. So I doubt this "blink/flash" is the camera which caught me travelling at this speed

https://youtu.be/_jKJEoGhjKc

Ok, I have watch the video

It's not newly weds taking photo....

It's not even a flash.

This phenomenon is called Voltage drop, it happens sometimes. It can possibly in your office too, even a small drop will cause the flicker.

A flicker and a flash is different.

Another advice, when you see a extremely bright flash follow by loud boom when you are not in any tunnel.

It's probably going to rain soon.

• Praise 7

Ok, I have watch the video

It's not newly weds taking photo....

It's not even a flash.

This phenomenon is called Voltage drop, it happens sometimes. It can possibly in your office too, even a small drop will cause the flicker.

A flicker and a flash is different.

Another advice, when you see a extremely bright flash follow by loud boom when you are not in any tunnel.

It's probably going to rain soon.

Addendum:

Another advice, when you see a extremely bright flash follow by hear loud boom when you are not in any tunnel.

It's probably going to rain soon. It is likely you farted.
  • Praise 1

For those who travel on TPE, be aware that sometimes a TP is hiding on Jl Kayu bridge.

He appears to be aiming the camera at the back of speedsters going towards Punggol.

Since he's hiding on the other side of the bridge, you can't see him as the road is wide. It's not a pedestrian bridge.

By the time, you see him on your rear view mirror, it's too late, if you had been speeding.

• Praise 4

For those who travel on TPE, be aware that sometimes a TP is hiding on Jl Kayu bridge.

He appears to be aiming the camera at the back of speedsters going towards Punggol.

Since he's hiding on the other side of the bridge, you can't see him as the road is wide. It's not a pedestrian bridge.

By the time, you see him on your rear view mirror, it's too late, if you had been speeding.

yup, spotted many times.. damn sneaky to aim the rear side.... when i saw it from the other direction, toward cte, i will post police spotted into wave....  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

They have been there for some time already. Still see many people speeding along this stretch.

Time to switch to speeding on Seletar West Link leow [sly]

• Praise 2

Time to switch to speeding on Seletar West Link leow [sly]

Hey brudder, pls dun speed or spit in sinkland..

not worth it.

It a fine country u know? [;)]

• Praise 9

They have been there for some time already. Still see many people speeding along this stretch.

That stretch is good for practicing the art of delayed gratification. :XD:

Actually I beg to differ.. These cameras keep red light chiongsters in check.

For instance, Sengkang and Punggol is a dense housing estate, but still saw many beating the light despite elderly and kids waiting to cross.

Not to mention also some in lala land with ears plugged with wires and eyes glued to the phone.

Already done tragedies have happened in the past couple of years.

Wanna chiong, do it somewhere else.. Like NSHW when situation permits.

Twincharged

Red light cams are okay i guess. But i hate the bugis 2 in 1 camera, always got to watch speedo. These new orange cameras are the normal red light cams right?

No need to watch speedo when no speed cameras around? 

No need to watch speedo when no speed cameras around? 

Yeah. Totally bruh! 

Best time to try out your max speed. Hell hit 200km/h on an empty road! That's when you wanna watch your speedo. Awesome stuff man. 

Red light cams are okay i guess. But i hate the bugis 2 in 1 camera, always got to watch speedo. These new orange cameras are the normal red light cams right?

Anything special about the orange cams? Or just converted to digital format only?

↡ Advertisement