Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

Everyone just slow down before the cam and speed up again after.

I would think that is the point. I'm sure the police also know drivers slow down before reaching speed cameras. If they have identified an area as dangerous or high risk of accident, they may decide to place a speed camera there to force drivers to slow down in that area. 

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Everyone just slow down before the cam and speed up again after.

I think they have realised that already. That is why there are more and more cameras coming up. To the point where its going to be pointless to even try and speed. Certain areas now have the red light cum speed camera at every junction. Lol.

And that is the point of the mobile speed cameras also. So people can't predict where the cameras are.

Edited by Nzy

Saw the cam below Jl Kayu bridge at TPE, where the TP used to hide.

I think even if it's not turned on, anyone who the see the cam will slow down.

However, it's on the extreme left and those speeding on the right may not see it, if it's blocked by lorries and trucks.

install speed cameras everywhere then..it should solve the issue

yeap, install humps on all highways every 50 m.

Twincharged

yeap, install humps on all highways every 50 m.

Humps cannot la. Most cars can't go over the humps at more than 40-50km/h. But they started using humps more and more on small roads though. Those roads its understandable. Highway I guess the only way is speed cameras.

Saw the cam below Jl Kayu bridge at TPE, where the TP used to hide.

I think even if it's not turned on, anyone who the see the cam will slow down.

However, it's on the extreme left and those speeding on the right may not see it, if it's blocked by lorries and trucks.

That's the purpose isn't it? Why would they want people to know when to slow down? They want people to keep within the speed limits at all times ma.

Twincharged

wah ... like that see Renault have to give way liao ... lol

Not just renault. Nissan also. Just saw on roads.sg facebook, there was a unmarked cefiro that pulled over a driver for using handphone. Looks like a silver/gold cefiro to me.

Saw the Nissan Cerfiro with blue flash at Bendemeer Road yesterday stopping a car. Should be the same as the one shown at roads.sg

• Praise 2

Is there new speed cam installed in aye between alexandra rd exit and lower delta exit? Just now i travelling about 98, then suddenly got flash from behind.

Could it be car behind flash high beam? But car behind far away le

Is there new speed cam installed in aye between alexandra rd exit and lower delta exit? Just now i travelling about 98, then suddenly got flash from behind.

Wait for a few weeks for letter. If after few weeks no letter means no speed camera.

• Praise 1

not that I have noticed lei ... but gosh, deployment of new cameras very fast ... sprouting up faster than wild mushrooms in the rain.

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 3

drove past on sat and didnt see anything. which direction?

Toward cte.

I also didnt notice any overhead bridge too

wah ok. got to take note. probably tml morning will use that stretch again.

seems like LTA indent quite a number of units for these trials.  [smash] 

• Praise 1

my speeding case is at Ikea overhead bridge

Within 1 week, letter come liao.

Can share which part of IKEA Alexandra?

Good to know cause they are many car showrooms there and people tend to test drive above speed limit

It doesn't mean have car showroom can ignore safety n go above speed limit.

↡ Advertisement