Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

Turbocharged

Where is the list for roads that do not have TP mobile cams? :serious-business:

Second link, causeway, driving schools, MSCPs...... So Long list ..

It's a wish come true for those who wanted more TP enforcement on the roads. Whether it's lorry, van, taxis or cars speeding whatever is coming will apply to all.

Haiya drive up north la.. But then up north no guts to outrun the Peroduas..

All the wasted BHP..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Nowadays most accidents happened in same direction vehicle collision, which means road hogging is the main reason, so catch road hog is more signaficient than speeding
  • Praise 1

TP as usual focusing on the wrong areas. Realized a huge change in sinkies driving habits over the last few years. All,have been shit scarred to the extent that on wide open roads during off peak periods they are traveling way below limits and causing unnecessary jams. With more cameras they will get even more shit scarred and we can expect more jammed up roads.

The TP should be focusing on the commercial vehicles road hogging and not driving on lanes that they should be. Lately seen many more commercial vehicles even driving on 1st lane of expressways.

Seems like for cars the only lane left to drive on expressways is on the 1st lane as all other 3 lanes are road hogged by commercial vehicles. So those who want to drive at 80km/h find themselves being forced to go onto 1st lane and slowing down those who wish to drive up to 90km/h . Traffic gets slowed down unnecessarily.

The misfocused TP is responsible for creating more jammed up roads.

Totally agreeded with you.

While speed demons ought to be caught and their license confiscated, drivers tend to Zam Break when they see camera as a defensive reaction. I've seem accidents because of this.

Twincharged

While speed demons ought to be caught and their license confiscated, drivers tend to Zam Break when they see camera as a defensive reaction. I've seem accidents because of this.

Looks like speed cams can help to solve another problem. Soon, people will keep a safe distance also cuz you'll never know when people will jam brake for a speed cam. Btw, is it really common? I haven't encountered anyone who slowed down drastically for a speed cam before.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

The above list appears to be TP manned camera hiding on overhead bridge, not the static ones.

TP does book commercial vehicle over vehicle speed limit, not just based on road speed limit, whichever is lower.

I admit I kena at 83km/h on TPE and Lornie Rd.

With commercial vehicles, there's no warning letter one, just straight away asked for driver's particular and fined.

Yes, these new cameras are used by those cop on top. Can last 8hrs, much clearer, can take further away and can even work at night. Last time those we doesn't see much at night.

I heard in the news yesterday night where they interviewed the policewoman spokesperson.

-last 8 hrs possible due to improved batteries

- clearer possible due to new lense, CCD pixels etc

- take further ? I heard is from 1km to now 2km... laser target further or the car plate captured further away? even if can take up to 10km still need line of sight right? where in SG you get 2km of unobstructed straight highway?

- work at night, laser speed measure that one is possible. But image capture technology can work at night  without flash liao?

Yes, these new cameras are used by those cop on top. Can last 8hrs, much clearer, can take further away and can even work at night. Last time those we doesn't see much at night.

(edited)

Hi Bros.

Latest police laser camera locations as below. Please drive safe!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

瓦特发克!!!so many cameras, might as well don't 发科应 driving.

Edited by Lotr
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Those camera signs are also for mobile camera. So sometimes there might be nothing even though you are in a camera zone

• Praise 1

Wah...like that can look forward to more Lane hogging.

Classic example is the pie speed cam where speed limit is 80 but everyone slows down to 70 or less even when traffic is light.

Twincharged
(edited)

I heard in the news yesterday night where they interviewed the policewoman spokesperson.

-last 8 hrs possible due to improved batteries

- clearer possible due to new lense, CCD pixels etc

- take further ? I heard is from 1km to now 2km... laser target further or the car plate captured further away? even if can take up to 10km still need line of sight right? where in SG you get 2km of unobstructed straight highway?

- work at night, laser speed measure that one is possible. But image capture technology can work at night  without flash liao?

I think the distance thing means that the moment you see them only means they probably got your speed already. Last time, see them, still got time to slow down before they register your speed.

Cameras are amazing now. Look at the Sony A7s2. Can transform from night to day. And that is a camera any normal person can buy. I am sure the TP can get even better technology than that.

Edited by Nzy

Supersonic

Today public holiday, saw one blue, undercover TP booked a lorry heading north on CTE.

Don't play play.

• Praise 1

Very fast deploy. Saw one at clementi ave 6 towards PIE in the afternoon.

Clementi Ave 6 a bit problematic ... have seen bad accidents at the junction with Clementi Loop.

↡ Advertisement