Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

Neutral Newbie

Now the new speed camera seems to be more powerful, Can detect multiple vehicles at a time with longer range

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

I got "Flashed" beginning Mar too with speed below 80km/h but no letters...so dont be too worried about it...

Went online to EDDIES to check, but it seems that it's not possible to check using license plate number now.

<_<

Went online to EDDIES to check, but it seems that it's not possible to check using license plate number now.

<_<

You can still use NRIC or Singpass

Supercharged

You can still use NRIC or Singpass

Ya. But car registered under my company. So not possible for me to check using NRIC.

<_<

went online to check. no record of offence leh. hopefully false alarm

Ya. But car registered under my company. So not possible for me to check using NRIC.

Meaning for company cars, no way to check? Hmm...that's a step back it seems...

Supersonic

Meaning for company cars, no way to check? Hmm...that's a step back it seems...

Letter will be sent to company asking for driver's particular.

Last Sat night I was on the same location, Lane 1, 81 or 82 (needle was slightly after 80), flash came!

Likewise, I was travelling on PIE last sat after dinner twds Stevens rd. Speed was around 75km/h and there were about two cars on first lane while i was on second lane. The camera flash triggered and i couldn't make out who triggered it.

Basket! Today say only tio jinx!7

Pass by PIE cam towards Tuas, tio snap, immediately look at speedo, less than 80... dunno is the J plate kup kia beside me or i si bei suay....

I was flashed at the same location (lane 2) on 5Mar (80km/h) n 6Mar (75km/h). No letters come in yet. Otherwise, I would need to appeal.

Supercharged

I was flashed at the same location (lane 2) on 5Mar (80km/h) n 6Mar (75km/h). No letters come in yet. Otherwise, I would need to appeal.

Frequent flasher sia you! [laugh]

The funny thing is I've always passed the new cams at the exact speed (80km/h) or slightly above (<90km/h) but never tio flash before.

Only recently when I've talked about it in this thread then the effect is immediate. <_<

• Praise 1

Last Sat night I was on the same location, Lane 1, 81 or 82 (needle was slightly after 80), flash came!

out of the 10 times i passed by the new cam at eng neo, at least will see it flashing 6 times.

luckily not at me.

We drivers are at the mercy of these camera. Mai suka suka flash leh.. Give us heart attack

Ya lor, even obediently keep to 80 km/h [even 75] also flashed. Can miss a heartbeat or two.

Turbocharged

Ya lor, even obediently keep to 80 km/h [even 75] also flashed. Can miss a heartbeat or two.

The cam has the hots for you...keep flashing at you.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

A little update to all the frequent PIE travellers:

If you kena flash sometimes while going past the new speed cam along Lornie Rd exit and your speed limit is below or equals 80km/h. Don't fret. The flash is for somebody in front of you, like maybe 1km ahead, most likely on the 2nd or outer lanes.

New speed cams got longer range than the old box cams as I got flashed while going up to 90km/h on 2nd lane, so that I can filter to overtaking lane. At the moment the needle touched 90km/h, the flash lit. My position was near to the speed limit sign on expressway divider. So I think the camera got range between 500m - 1km, also very dependent on whether got any foliage or other slower moving vehicles blocking your back. Never happened when I do the same on overtaking lane as the bushes block the cameras after 5 - 10m or so.

So, just a little info for the rest of you not to be smart aleck like me as I await my first love letter from TP in 2015.