Holidaying Back, pls pay GST

Ktglfc

VAT not related back to friends??

Buying from Europe direct already quite cheap even with VAT hence the friends usually dun mind the one who travel get the rebate, they probably take turn to go for holiday every year [laugh] [laugh]

Buying from Europe direct already quite cheap even with VAT hence the friends usually dun mind the one who travel get the rebate, they probably take turn to go for holiday every year [laugh] [laugh]

I always rebate everything back to friends. The credit card points earned is sufficient.

I always rebate everything back to friends. The credit card points earned is sufficient.

They are not doing it one off, they do it yearly for the latest model, hence not everyone can afford the money or time to do so, if one volunteer to go, that person get to fly free from the rebate.

Maybe someone (a jelly girl) follow her instagram, not happy about her selling branded bags, flying to Europe holiday, see already buay song. Whistle blow to the customs she coming back not paying GST.

Seems like the custom officers are all prepared before she even landed.

I suspect local authorized sellers busy song Jin kooh Liao [sly]

Whole day cannibalise their sales

Maybe even place orders thru her so they know when she coming back

And still got email proof to show the tax guys that Richie rich ain't paying gst [laugh]

Wanna steal? Never steal from ah gong

Such a classic thread must show a classic picture [laugh]

ron-paul-do-not-steal.jpg

• Praise 3

Although she was wrong not to pay GST but was it necessary to ransack the house?

The word "ransack"is used by journalist. The word used by the enforcement agency is "Search" to look for more contrabands.

• Praise 1

Although she was wrong not to pay GST but was it necessary to ransack the house?

It is not wrong ransacking the house when they have a search warrant from court order to show the house owner of their rightful duty to seize crucial relevant evidence for further prosecution.

• Praise 8

You raised an interesting point.

What happen if garmen passes a legislation requiring banks to declare credit card transaction for overseas purchases and start chasing everyone for tax evasion?

Actually. I found it pretty unreasonable to tax luxury items we bought outside sg.

First of all, unless its purpose is to resell or make a profit out of it by selling it again, I would have agree that the person has to pay GST for the goods they purchase

However if we buy for our own use, I don't think it should be a problem. If really were to charge. Then what about if i buy something expensive in sg and bring outside sg as a gift to my overseas friend? Can i refund the GST?

Thats why in fact actually they don't care much when u buy new branded bag or luxury watches unless u buy a dozen which attracts their attention. If quoting an example, speed below 10km/h above speed limit they will close one eye most of the time

• Praise 2

This happened to David Beckham too.

His bought his wife a 2 carat diamond ring in New York

and showed off to the newspapers n when he flew back

the customs officer was waiting to charge him VAT.

In UK I thinks its like 17.5%.

:)

• Praise 7

Definitely more than just forgetting to pay GST.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/boxes-branded-bags-worth-thousands-confiscated-changi-ai

SINGAPORE - More than 10 boxes of branded bags and shoes believed to be worth ten of thousands have been confiscated by authorities after a woman had allegedly brought them in without paying Goods and Services Tax, local media reported on Sunday.

The 29-year-old, who was not named, had arrived from Europe with her family at about 6am on Saturday morning, when Customs officers at Changi Airport approached them to inspect their luggage. Officers then accompanied the family back to their home in Bukit Timah, Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao reported.

There, officers displayed and photographed the items, which included Miu Miu, Chanel and Louis Vuitton bags. Her father, a mechanic, called Zaobao at noon on Saturday and told the Chinese paper that more than 10 Customs officers had been searching their home since 7am. He claimed that they were harsh towards his daughter, and he had to call the police. "They were fierce and impatient. My daughter used to suffer from depression and the situation has made her unwell. She needs a doctor now," he told Zaobao.

Custom officers eventually left the house at 2pm, taking with them 14 boxes that also contained a laptop computer, documents and other Hermes bags which they had found in the house. It is understood that the woman had been selling branded bags on Instagram, but her account became inactive at about 1.30pm on Saturday.

She told Zaobao that the bags were part of her personal collection, and she sells those that she got tired of.

It was her hobby, and she would on occasion help her friends source for bags, she said.

A 7 per cent goods and services tax (GST) is levied on all goods imported into Singapore, according to the Changi Airport website. Tax relief is granted for up to $600 of goods, excluding liquor and tobacco, if travellers have been out of the country for more than 48 hours. If less than 48 hours, the tax relief granted is $150. The goods have to be for personal consumption. Failure to declare the value of your purchases is an offence under the Customs Act and the GST Act. Offenders may be prosecuted in court, fined up to $10,000 and jailed for up to three years.

bag02-211214e.jpg

It will be interesting if she gets convicted

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2