Holidaying Back, pls pay GST

Ktglfc

yalor

should catch those big player, go itnernet sell one

dont catch we all go jb buy milk power, rice and oil one

i think wait acra will go after her for not registering company / sole prop to conduct her internet business

the kena chong gong computer probably has an exhausive list of those nice bags sold

maybe even got cost of goods sold analsis, roi .......[grin]

then iras will go after her for income tax no declare the bag revenue and gst [sly]

later tio tax lagi gao gao, chut poh zhua, warn seng gah poh lang, better pay gst [sly]

fwah... sell luxury bags also can cheat gahmen taxes

↡ Advertisement

also want to agree on this.. [thumbsup] , most laws are there for a purpose...., sometimes acceptable with a bit of flexibility but in this case, so many bags, internet sales, etc,.... yes, likely in business and can understand if marked earlier and only matter of time law will act.

rather prefer this sort get caught and punished accordingly, ....evading tax is a crime not only against the garhmen but also us society itself as a whole....imho, law with a long arm on such matters better than increase ERP etc [;)]

just wondering old items, like antiques, limited editions and collectables.....those looking old, how arh ? some watches more than a $100K but look really old,....put on wrist also no one know the value [laugh][laugh]

Even if brand new bling bling 100k watches, they will think u bought it in sg unless they find ur watch box in the luggage

Government is plugging the holes on tax collection. Small fish also catch.

Is it a sign... ah gong's revenue is loosing steam and their KPI is at risk?

Budget will slip into deficit? Or less surplus?

[laugh]

Many people has been doing that for years, usually among friends, but this one got greedy.

They gather all the orders and go to Europe to buy all these branded goods, the VAT rebate alone is enough for the return ticket, free holiday for them.

+ use credit card for all those big ticket items (hermes no less), they accrue mileage for even more air tickets....

Government is plugging the holes on tax collection. Small fish also catch.

Is it a sign... ah gong's revenue is loosing steam and their KPI is at risk?

Budget will slip into deficit? Or less surplus?

[laugh]

more like setting an example la ...

now everyone will be on high alert to declare lo.

i mean, look how many pages have been covered on this thanks to this article :D

fwah... sell luxury bags also can cheat gahmen taxes

Lucky is sell sexpensive bag

Less sympathy for woman

If is Sell milk powder, Consperm public anger [sly]

Even if brand new bling bling 100k watches, they will think u bought it in sg unless they find ur watch box in the luggage

ah ha....okay [thumbsup]

so best to have watch on wrist and empty box with some chocolates or candies inside by post... [;)]

jialat if she has collected deposit from the buyers [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Woman's branded goods seized over GST
Chew Hui Min My Paper Monday, Dec 22, 2014
brandedgoods_wanbao.jpg?itok=hSpUXQnT
brandedgoods_wanbao.jpg
More than 10 boxes of branded bags and shoes believed to be worth tens of thousands have been confiscated by the authorities, after a woman allegedly brought them in without paying goods and services tax (GST), local media reported yesterday.
The 29-year-old, who was not named, had arrived from Europe with her family at about 6am on Saturday morning when Customs officers at Changi Airport approached them to inspect their luggage. Officers then accompanied the family back to their home in Bukit Timah, Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao reported.
There, officers displayed and photographed the items, which included Miu Miu, Chanel and Louis Vuitton bags.
Her father, a mechanic, called Zaobao at noon on Saturday and told the Chinese paper that more than 10 Customs officers had been searching their home since 7am.
He claimed that they were harsh towards his daughter, and he had to call the police.
"They were fierce and impatient. My daughter used to suffer from depression and the situation has made her unwell. She needs a doctor now," he told Zaobao.
The Customs officers eventually left the house at 2pm, taking with them 14 boxes that also contained a laptop computer, documents and other Hermes bags which they had found there.
It is understood that the woman had been selling branded bags on Instagram, but her account became inactive at about 1.30pm on Saturday.
She told Zaobao that the bags were part of her personal collection, and that she sold those she got tired of.
It was her hobby and she would, on occasion, help her friends to source for bags, she said.
A 7 per cent GST is levied on all goods imported into Singapore, according to the Changi Airport website.
Tax relief is granted for up to $600 of goods, excluding liquor and tobacco, if travellers have been out of the country for more than 48 hours. If under 48 hours, the tax relief granted is $150. The goods have to be for personal consumption.
Failure to declare the value of your purchases is an offence under the Customs Act and the GST Act. Offenders may be prosecuted in court, fined up to $10,000 and jailed for up to three years.

If she don't run road, OK lah... This is small matter unlike Volks car thingy. Can easily exprain to her buyers....

jialat if she has collected deposit from the buyers [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Kangadrool

ah ha....okay [thumbsup]

so best to have watch on wrist and empty box with some chocolates or candies inside by post... [;)]

........now I can go and report the lobang liao [sly] , don't want to pay more ERP mah [laugh][laugh]

more like setting an example la ...

now everyone will be on high alert to declare lo.

i mean, look how many pages have been covered on this thanks to this article :D

Ok...

Last month, my wife bought a luggage from oversea website. About$500. Came in, no need to pay GST.

But yesterday, we received another cabin luggage, bought from the same site, same brand but cheaper...

Kena pay GST.

so my wife very angry.....

[laugh]

better don't comprain why last time no tax, this time has.... I know many women like to say liddat one.

No need to get angry also since already managed to "evade" about $35 of GST. Already "earned" liao. [laugh]

Ok...

Last month, my wife bought a luggage from oversea website. About$500. Came in, no need to pay GST.

But yesterday, we received another cabin luggage, bought from the same site, same brand but cheaper...

Kena pay GST.

so my wife very angry.....

[laugh]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

knn, so lich already, still wanna siam gst

while the rest of us buy milk powder, buy rice have to pay gst

so lich already, should help the poor more mah [sly]

Bro, those IC got very microscopic view.

10% lich buy ostentatious gds vs 90% poor buy necessities. They see %.

Don't believe u ask those eatg zhenghu rice. 5kg gold vs 5kg feathers, which is lighter.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2