Hackers hijack Find My iPhone\Apple Privacy

Kb27

Supersonic

AUSTRALIAN HACKERS apparently have hijacked Apple's Find My iPhone feature, enabling them to hold iOS and Mac device owners to ransom.

iPhone, iPad and Mac users have taken to Apple's support forum to complain about the hacking, in which hackers use the Find My iPhone feature to remotely lock users' devices and send messages demanding money.

One user wrote, "I went to check my phone and there was a message on the screen (it's still there) saying that my device(s) had been hacked by 'Oleg Pliss' and he/she/they demanded $100 USD/EUR (sent by paypal to lock404(at)hotmail.com) to return them to me."

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2346670/hackers-hijack-find-my-iphone-to-hold-ios-and-mac-users-to-ransom

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

AUSTRALIAN HACKERS apparently have hijacked Apple's Find My iPhone feature, enabling them to hold iOS and Mac device owners to ransom.

iPhone, iPad and Mac users have taken to Apple's support forum to complain about the hacking, in which hackers use the Find My iPhone feature to remotely lock users' devices and send messages demanding money.

One user wrote, "I went to check my phone and there was a message on the screen (it's still there) saying that my device(s) had been hacked by 'Oleg Pliss' and he/she/they demanded $100 USD/EUR (sent by paypal to lock404(at)hotmail.com) to return them to me."

Kin!!!!! Poh mata!!!!!

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2346670/hackers-hijack-find-my-iphone-to-hold-ios-and-mac-users-to-ransom

How times have changed.

Last time crooks kidnap children to extort money.

Now crooks "kidnap" your phone to extort money.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Haha, Apple Sheeple kena pwned. Orbi goot. [laugh]

I'm a proud Samsung/Android user. :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Twincharged

Haha, Apple Sheeple kena pwned. Orbi goot. [laugh]

I'm a proud Samsung/Android user. :D

Don't be too happy yet. Skally they also got ways to hijack android phone users . haha

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you unlock my phone now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you... TAKEN

• Praise 6

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you unlock my phone now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you... TAKEN

i know Chow Yun Fatt never say this [:|]

• Praise 1

I put there TAKEN ... Big Big already ... You cannot see har ... [laugh]

like that Chow Yun Fatt not so cool liao <_<

Don't be too happy yet. Skally they also got ways to hijack android phone users . haha

Not exactly a big deal to Android rooted users. If you have a nandroid backup, just go into recovery and flash it then it should go back the the state where the backup was done.

Turbocharged

I put there TAKEN ... Big Big already ... You cannot see har ... [laugh]

You should put this mah...

I rather smash my phone and burn the 100USD/Euro to light my cigarette than to give you.

esq-04-best-movie-sunglasses-chow-yun-fa

You should put this mah...

I rather smash my phone and burn the 100USD/Euro to light my cigarette than to give you.

esq-04-best-movie-sunglasses-chow-yun-fa

Burn Money Police Catch Me Go Polish Metal Rods How? ... [laugh]

Hypersonic

Just type passcode many times until phone disable then use iTunes to erase phone lor. Still better than pay money.

Supersonic

Less likely. Main reason is that Android is open source, so an exploit will quickly have a counter-exploit found and publicised.

Hypersonic

I just love this :)

And I just love Yun Fatt, cool as cucumber :))

Fa-Gor :)

Hypersonic

Burn Money Police Catch Me Go Polish Metal Rods How? ... [laugh]

don't worry,

many friends inside take care of you

:D

PrisononFire+1987-28-b.jpg