Over $2 billion of construction projects deferred

Coolad

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/over-2-billion-construction-projects-deferred-stagger-fo

As suspected... wholly wrong implementation....WE ARE NOT AGAINST FW BUT FT especially sub-par PMET....

What is wrong with them... total disconnect... and our SME gonna take the brunt of this fiasco...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/over-2-billion-construction-projects-deferred-stagger-fo

As suspected... wholly wrong implementation....WE ARE NOT AGAINST FW BUT FT especially sub-par PMET....

What is wrong with them... total disconnect... and our SME gonna take the brunt of this fiasco...

already said... class 95.

what's new?

everytime this issues is brought up, they always talk about FW.

but when they want to increase GDP, they always talk about FT.

subtle difference, but it means the hell of a lot to the man in the street.

so now, the projects stall, it is going to be a singaporean problem again. cos you ASKED for it. another facepalm moment?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

We want construction politics, not interested in your so-called constructive politics.

Give us back the construction workers.

It is the sub-par PMETs which we don't need. We are seeing kampong heads bringing and promoting their village members in the PMET corporate world.

Turbocharged

Something in the speech I don't understand.

"Yet even this has been painful for companies, especially small and medium enterprises, noted Mr Lee. Many are struggling and some have had to shift their operations out of Singapore."

"If we squeeze them too hard, they may not survive, and that will mean that many Singaporean jobs will be at risk," he said.

How is it that the SMEs have to shift out of SG because there are fewer FWs???

High rentals reason maybe but that's another story.

Cannot take on jobs because cannot get enough FWs, what's that got to do with moving out of SG? looking for business outside Singapore is a growth positive and not a negative.

And since when construction sector employ many singaporeans?

Supercharged

i saw from the video clips last nite that he mentioned something about HDB and housing prices are giving singaporeans a stake in the country.

any one got that clip?

or found news related to that?

how come i search and search cannot find?

i saw from the video clips last nite that he mentioned something about HDB and housing prices are giving singaporeans a stake in the country.

any one got that clip?

or found news related to that?

how come i search and search cannot find?

4.21pm: With 52,000 HDB flats built and subsidies disbursed almost doubling, housing situation now ‘under control’. HDB ownership is not just about providing a roof over heads, but give all a stake in country.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pm-lee-speaks-in-debate/1125096.html

Supercharged

Something in the speech I don't understand.

"Yet even this has been painful for companies, especially small and medium enterprises, noted Mr Lee. Many are struggling and some have had to shift their operations out of Singapore."

"If we squeeze them too hard, they may not survive, and that will mean that many Singaporean jobs will be at risk," he said.

How is it that the SMEs have to shift out of SG because there are fewer FWs???

High rentals reason maybe but that's another story.

Cannot take on jobs because cannot get enough FWs, what's that got to do with moving out of SG? looking for business outside Singapore is a growth positive and not a negative.

And since when construction sector employ many singaporeans?

like i said in another thread... our farmers planted lemon seeds expecting apple trees cos they plan to bake pies.

now that the lemon tree has fruited, they dunno what to do with them lemons.

so the solution is, dun harvest the lemons, import the apples to make pies.

what about the lemons and its accompanying trees? tell the trees, "I want apples, not lemons. if you cannot produce apples, YOU are the problem."

faceplam after faceplam moments.

the debate is starting to look like saturday night live rather than a parliament debate proper. [laugh]

4.21pm: With 52,000 HDB flats built and subsidies disbursed almost doubling, housing situation now ‘under control’. HDB ownership is not just about providing a roof over heads, but give all a stake in country.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pm-lee-speaks-in-debate/1125096.html

Thank you.

i wanted to post if he really means what he says, make HDB freehold. then people really have a stake in the country. cos they own a piece of the land (or air or concrete box, whichever way you want to term it).

what stake is he talking about when that "stake" is worthless when the 99 year lease is up?!?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Crazy public housing because of inflated land prices.

We as citizens collectively own the land in this country and we should not be charged any money.

Have you ever wondered why must we serve?

Because we LOVE OUR LAND and want it to be FREE, to be FREE. Ya!

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3