Serious accident on PIE this morning, involving a TP bike.

Yeobt

Supercharged

it was juz few cars length from me. i saw the TP coming fast and furious from behind, speeding down in between lane with the siren on, i saw a car in front switching lane from 1 to 2 in split seconds, i know at that time, BIG STICK liao. zhu zhu, the TP biker cannot react at that split moment, in that half second, my heart was pounding and i saw the TP biker forcefully biang onto the back of the lane switching car until he flew. wa lao a, that car driver jia lat liao, he had just made a king of the road kissed his butt. that moment was really terrible. all the cars around halted for awhile and dont know what to do. i quickly stopped my car and went straight to the TP. "ah bang ah bang, relax, come come i put you to lay down on your back". he was crunching with his 2 elbows and 2 kneels on the ground with mourning pain. wah, can really feel his pain man. i think his left hand is badly hurt. i took out my mobile phone and start calling the 999. "wei police, there is a serious accident now on PIE towards the tuas before exit 12, a TP biker is involved and he is seriously injured. please send an ambulance here immediately"!!!

i went back to attend to the victim after i hang up the call. i tried to comfort him. i saw blood on his face, i worry that his head maybe be bleeding inside the helmet. so i offered to remove his helmet so i could check for wound and stop the bleed in case is bleeding.

i think my in-car video could have captured it. can check video only tonight.

drive safe guys.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 28

Drive safe!

And well done to you bro for stopping n helping!!!

Lot of Ppl will blur blur dunno how to react...

Hope the TP is not badly injured...

Turbocharged

very dangerous to remove his helmet. you may further causing more serious damage to his injury.

Supersonic

lane splitting is very dangerous indeed, but i guess all bikers do that

But really, TP is supposed to be the leader in safe driving/riding.

Supersonic

Was the lane-switching car a man, or lady driver?

Clearly, whatever organisation(s) you may be shilling for, AWARE is not one of them! [laugh]

Clearly, whatever organisation(s) you may be shilling for, AWARE is not one of them! [laugh]

Eh pundek, you member of Homosexuals Anonymous issit?

Internal Moderator

I was otw to work today at 8.50am and PIE was jammed packed. So this is the reason why...

Lanesplitting can be done safely without a doubt, but like you said.. The TP was going fast and furious... If he wasn't he would probably have enough time to brake. It's all about riding defensively.

I've seen four tp bikes lanesplit in a single row before and nth happens.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Eh pundek, you member of Homosexuals Anonymous issit?

You don't get to call me pundek (only friends do). Although I reserve the right to call you a cu*t. Oops, I just did. :D

And are you defaming me by questioning my sexual orientation? Remember that this is a public forum and I feel very defamed by your insinuations. This is a highly libellous assertion. Wonder what course I should take? :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Whatever it is, thumbs up to the poster for stopping to help an injured man (TP or not). We need more of such people here. [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

it was juz few cars length from me. i saw the TP coming fast and furious from behind, speeding down in between lane with the siren on, i saw a car in front switching lane from 1 to 2 in split seconds, i know at that time, BIG STICK liao. zhu zhu, the TP biker cannot react at that split moment, in that half second, my heart was pounding and i saw the TP biker forcefully biang onto the back of the lane switching car until he flew. wa lao a, that car driver jia lat liao, he had just made a king of the road kissed his butt. that moment was really terrible. all the cars around halted for awhile and dont know what to do. i quickly stopped my car and went straight to the TP. "ah bang ah bang, relax, come come i put you to lay down on your back". he was crunching with his 2 elbows and 2 kneels on the ground with mourning pain. wah, can really feel his pain man. i think his left hand is badly hurt. i took out my mobile phone and start calling the 999. "wei police, there is a serious accident now on PIE towards the tuas before exit 12, a TP biker is involved and he is seriously injured. please send an ambulance here immediately"!!!

i went back to attend to the victim after i hang up the call. i tried to comfort him. i saw blood on his face, i worry that his head maybe be bleeding inside the helmet. so i offered to remove his helmet so i could check for wound and stop the bleed in case is bleeding.

drive safe guys.

Do drive safely :)

Your final destination of the day is to go home safely to enjoy happiness with family !

Oh ya, reading your post like reading novel :) Very captivating :)

• Praise 1

Supersonic

drive safe guys.

Forgot to mention, kudos to you. Many of us may harbour resentment against the road enforcers, but at the end of the day, they're human like us and deserve our help if they're hurt.

• Praise 2

Forgot to mention, kudos to you. Many of us may harbour resentment against the road enforcers, but at the end of the day, they're human like us and deserve our help if they're hurt.

Spinal and rib injuries are most likely in accidents like these.

Putting the guy on his back - 1st mistake

Removing his helmet - 2nd mistake

Could have aggravated the guy's condition.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1