Pawnshop buy diamond

offergold

Do anyone here bought diamond from pawnshop?

I tot of buying the diamond from a pawnshop and remove the ring, and redo a new ring for my wife-to-be engagement ring

I personally find diamond useless so don't wanna spend so much on it.

Help me and tell me your thoughts. TQ!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

for me pangtang, wont buy jewellery from pawn shops but diamonds are really quite worthless in terms of resale and you really can save quite a bit of the cost.

• Praise 2

It is an unavoidable expenses. Nowadays, diamond ring is btw $1k - $2k.

Unless u r talking about Cartier or Tiffany.

• Praise 1

My wifey solitaire & wedding band all keep back into box.

Initially spend so much in 4 point diamond and wedding photo & now all in drawers.

We guys find wasting of money but your wifey term it differently.

End of the day.

No choice, u still need to spend to please her.

Rule no 1: wife is always right.

Rule no 2: slap yourself and read rule no 1 again.

And TS my advise to u is u need to let her know u plan to buy from pawnshop and redo the ring.

If u don't plan to tell than make sure no other people know of your plan cos once she know than that's the starting of your nightmare.

Good luck

• Praise 6

(edited)

lol.

my wife every yr upgrade her ring...

from the first ring i bought her a mini 0.25 carat ring that cost few hundred bucks...

every few few yrs to mark milestone new house... promotion... until last yr got new baby bought her a 1.2 carat yellow diamond....

after every "upgrade" the old one she keep into the safe... but once in a while we take it out to reminiscent on how far we have come since then =)

Edited by Little_prince
  • Praise 6

Hypersonic

lol.

from the first ring i bought her a mini 0.25 carat ring that cost few hundred bucks...

every few few yrs to mark milestone new house... promotion... until last yr got new baby bought her a 1.2 carat yellow diamond....

after every "upgrade" the old one she keep into the safe... but once in a while we take it out to reminiscent on how far we have come since then =)

You are such a good husband! :D

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

It is an unavoidable expenses. Nowadays, diamond ring is btw $1k - $2k.

Unless u r talking about Cartier or Tiffany.

Nowadays $1k to $2k ring has very tiny diamonds. Want a good one has to go upwards from $5k [:/]

My wifey solitaire & wedding band all keep back into box.

Initially spend so much in 4 point diamond and wedding photo & now all in drawers.

We guys find wasting of money but your wifey term it differently.

End of the day.

No choice, u still need to spend to please her.

Rule no 1: wife is always right.

Rule no 2: slap yourself and read rule no 1 again.

And TS my advise to u is u need to let her know u plan to buy from pawnshop and redo the ring.

If u don't plan to tell than make sure no other people know of your plan cos once she know than that's the starting of your nightmare.

Good luck

Haha. true that.

Anyway, i don't intend to let anyone knows except you guys...

Any tips on what kind of diamond should i get???

lol.

Hahah. So far from what i know, my gf is not a "ring" person. Maybe can buy her smth to mark our years of "achievement" hahaha.

erm. actually bo pian.

usually she buy liao then just claim back from me. hahahaha

Hahhaa. You sound like u are like a PIC claimable scheme. hahahhaa.

Turbocharged

Haha. true that.

Anyway, i don't intend to let anyone knows except you guys...

Any tips on what kind of diamond should i get???

go for as clear colour as possible and clarity. Go for the usual cuts and do not be sold exotic cuts.

Come up with a story about self designed ring that no one has and stay with gold ( white gold is ex and no market) , gives you the best bang for the buck.

Personally I would be honest with her but to tell her it is a pawnshop stuff is kamikaze. The diamond should match the gia cert serial number.

Do anyone here bought diamond from pawnshop?

I tot of buying the diamond from a pawnshop and remove the ring, and redo a new ring for my wife-to-be engagement ring

I personally find diamond useless so don't wanna spend so much on it.

Help me and tell me your thoughts. TQ!

i assume this wont be the last and only diamond tt she will need as such no point buy from pawnshop. i suggest go to a mass mkt retailer like goldheart or similar to buy cos they have a programme in which every 2-3 yrs can trade in (n top up a small amount) to upgrade to a bigger/better rock. if u hit the target size (eg 1.2 ct) u can just exit the upgrade programme.

plus they provide certificate (i only buy with cert) with serial nos for the rock so u can be assured of the clarity, colour n cut (3 very impt Cs to note when buying a rock)

go for as clear colour as possible and clarity. Go for the usual cuts and do not be sold exotic cuts.

Come up with a story about self designed ring that no one has and stay with gold ( white gold is ex and no market) , gives you the best bang for the buck.

Personally I would be honest with her but to tell her it is a pawnshop stuff is kamikaze. The diamond should match the gia cert serial number.

hahaha. quite tricky leh. Dunno how to tell her sia. She will definitely find me not sincere one.

Woah. so many things about diamond arh. . . .Tell me more bro. haha

i assume this wont be the last and only diamond tt she will need as such no point buy from pawnshop. i suggest go to a mass mkt retailer like goldheart or similar to buy cos they have a programme in which every 2-3 yrs can trade in (n top up a small amount) to upgrade to a bigger/better rock. if u hit the target size (eg 1.2 ct) u can just exit the upgrade programme.

plus they provide certificate (i only buy with cert) with serial nos for the rock so u can be assured of the clarity, colour n cut (3 very impt Cs to note when buying a rock)

Hmmm. . . Noted bro. Thanks alot!

For me.

Carat and color most important.

Then clarity and Cut.

For clarity. Vs2 is good enough if the diamond is eye clean. Peruse it in a relatively dark place, away from the many many lights in the shops.

If die die has to choose gold ring, then please buy a lousy color but good clarity

Turbocharged
(edited)

For me.

Carat and color most important.

Then clarity and Cut.

For clarity. Vs2 is good enough if the diamond is eye clean. Peruse it in a relatively dark place, away from the many many lights in the shops.

If die die has to choose gold ring, then please buy a lousy color but good clarity

For me, clarity has be at least VS1 For colour, need to be at least F colour

Brilliant clarity and colourless bring out the best bling. For cut, typical cut will do.

Typically, it is the clarity and colour that moves the price a lot. A bit of improvement in clarity and colour and the prices moves exponentially. But a bit bigger in size doesn't really move price upwards very much. You can find some big carat diamond at neighborhood jewelery shop selling cheap, but check the colour and clarity. They are normally poor.

This is why some gals have big diamonds, they know how many carat but they don't know the colour or clarity. Think their bf pulling a fast one on them, but some girls just like size, so great for the guys.

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement