Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

went to see the car over the wkend. while all looks ok, the plastic dashboard seemed a bit cheap n outdated to me. the whole interior looks outdated, not helped by the single color black. almost like my cheap 8yrs old proton.

Cheap,but durable.

The proton Saga FLX 2013 we owned in Malaysia is bloody flimsy, especially the glovebox which spoilt in 2016.

• Praise 1

A SE told me Mazda cars hv a capacitor in the engine bay that stores the kinetic returned energy ?? N can use this stored capacitor battery to power the electrical items in the car.. is there such a thing? He showed me a Mazda 6 n pointed to a deep space below the left head light housing n said the capacitor is there.. I can't see n can't confirm its existence.. Anyone knows if this is true?

A SE told me Mazda cars hv a capacitor in the engine bay that stores the kinetic returned energy ?? N can use this stored capacitor battery to power the electrical items in the car.. is there such a thing? He showed me a Mazda 6 n pointed to a deep space below the left head light housing n said the capacitor is there.. I can't see n can't confirm its existence.. Anyone knows if this is true?

http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/technology/env/i-eloop/

This is part of the Skyactiv Technology.

• Praise 1

Mazda 5 doesn't have this feature. It's called i-Eloop.

• Praise 1

Only the 3, 6 & MX5 have I-Eloop although I've no idea how useful is it.

• Praise 2

20180210_121315.jpg

The SD card corrupted. Go to Tong Lee Wee & likely they'll just replace the SD card. It takes about 20mins.

This is a very common issue, and it'll come back even with the new SD card.

The GPS module is a 3rd party module that they added in, as this model of HU doesn't come with GPS navigation function.

So, for myself, I just remove the GPS module totally from the HU. I use my phone as GPS navigation.

Good luck!

Edited by Erictl76
  • Praise 1

The SD card corrupted. Go to Tong Lee Wee & likely they'll just replace the SD card. It takes about 20mins.

The GPS module is a 3rd party module that they added in, as this model of HU doesn't come with GPS navigation function.

So, for myself, I just remove the GPS module totally from the HU. I use my phone as GPS navigation.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. Went to Tong Lee Wee. My car is almost 2 years old so no warranty. Qouted me $100 for new sd with new software. Agreed to it but can't work with new sd card. Then told me is the module hard disk spoilt. Quoted me $200. I rejected it and ask them put back the original card. Went home take out the module and saw a reset button on the module. Press the reset button, start my engine and GPS is working since then. I think I will never go back to this shop ever again. Looks like chop carrot. Think I stupid.
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the reply. Went to Tong Lee Wee. My car is almost 2 years old so no warranty. Qouted me $100 for new sd with new software. Agreed to it but can't work with new sd card. Then told me is the module hard disk spoilt. Quoted me $200. I rejected it and ask them put back the original card. Went home take out the module and saw a reset button on the module. Press the reset button, start my engine and GPS is working since then. I think I will never go back to this shop ever again. Looks like chop carrot. Think I stupid.

I stopped going to this Shop since 3 years ago as I find they have no rectification for their job done well.

The lady boss is good at her PR.

Well, it's up to individual preference after all.

@weewee1976 @Cwinedine ð a lot for your feedback.. So the SE is trying to sell me something that is not in the Mazda 5? Lol.. Talk abt bait n switch.. Lol.

He said open the Mazda 5 bonnet too far to walk, so opened the nearest Mazda 6 n showed to me.. Lol.. Wayang..

@andrewyewkc ð bro..

Blacksheep of the industry. Does not deserve to be in this line
  • Praise 2

I stopped going to this Shop since 3 years ago as I find they have no rectification for their job done well.

The lady boss is good at her PR.

Well, it's up to individual preference after all.

Yup, I've been to this shop before once n was overcharged.. took it as a tuition fee. Never liked their attitude n chop carrot prices

Good luck!

Any bro know which shop TKE use to install the leather seats? N did anyone buy 3rd party faceplate to instal other HUs? From taobao or AliExpress can get? Or get from local ICE shops also hv? Thanks in advance for your advice! Edited by Lurpsexx

Yup, I've been to this shop before once n was overcharged.. took it as a tuition fee. Never liked their attitude n chop carrot prices

Any bro know which shop TKE use to install the leather seats? N did anyone buy 3rd party faceplate to instal other HUs? From taobao or AliExpress can get? Or get from local ICE shops also hv? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Classic auto at Ubi
  • Praise 1

Don't worry too much with that, capacitor or battery is just an additional storage to boast the AmpH. No different of having bigger capacity battery lah. The key is, they try to get other parts beside alternator to generate electricity to charge up the battery. In my opinion, the alternator already provides more than enough electricity for this purpose. Key is, if you have many short travels, no chance to recharge the battery lor.

• Praise 1

Don't worry too much with that, capacitor or battery is just an additional storage to boast the AmpH. No different of having bigger capacity battery lah. The key is, they try to get other parts beside alternator to generate electricity to charge up the battery. In my opinion, the alternator already provides more than enough electricity for this purpose. Key is, if you have many short travels, no chance to recharge the battery lor.

Thanks bro for Ur explanation

Hi Mazda 5 bros, anyone knows if any buyer bought the std package n then went outside to fit the leather seats? Classic auto or other leather upholstery shops? I also would like to know if any bros went to outside ice shops n change Hu n the shop can provide the proper fitting faceplate to fit into the dash? Thanks a lot in advance for your kind comments! :)

↡ Advertisement