Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

Neutral Newbie
On 10/18/2019 at 11:17 AM, Shonshu said:

Hi All!

I like to share my new fun with Mazda 5.

I just changed my engine oil to brand GReddy and was very amazed at the response of the engine after that. The car is responsive and even the engine sounds so much better! haha

A few weeks later,  I also changed my tires to Premacy 4 at $150 each. So far, road noise is at lowest and am very satisfy with the new tires. I am very curious to test these tires during wet weather. I was on PS4 previously and holding was just all superb!

cheers to All

Are you able to share the size and exact model of Primacy 4? Is there any changes to your fuel consumption too?

↡ Advertisement

On 10/19/2019 at 9:29 AM, Cwinedine said:

You will never go wrong with Michelin that's y the Primacy is priced higher than the Pilot Sports for the same size. I was using Primacy 3 previously and they were so quiet & comfortable but they are premium to pay. I have since switch to Hankook brand and they serve the same purpose. Nevertheless, if I can afford, I will definitely pay for Michelins.

Is your opinion of the Primacy better than the Pilot Sport?

Agree about the Hankooks, they were economical and still gave me confidence.

Which Hankook tyres did you change to?

On 10/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, andrewyewkc said:

It's really a different tyre. The primacy is touring comfort with good wet handling while the pilot sport well, a sports tyre. The handling & grip is different and the trade-off is noise. The primacy is really quiet. I was on a business trip to KL back in May this year and was driven in a honda odyssey RB1 series. What was most impressive is how quiet the the cabin was at 160-180kmh while travelling from KL- Cameron highland and mind u, the msia roads are not the best around. When we stopped at one of the petrol ksiok for refueling, i came down to see what tyres it was on, and when i saw that it was Michelin 215/60/17 Primacy 4, i was damn impress as I had a RB1 on 215/60/16 Primacy 3 but they were no where close to the comfort of the new 4s. However I find both thread pattern rather similar. 

I replaced them with the Prime 2(205/50/17) as their thread pattern is similar to the Primacy. Not as quiet nor comfy as the Primacy 4 but good enough for the price I paid. I have Hankook Noble S1 (215/50/17) on another car and the S1 is quieter & slightly more comfy than the Prime 2. I will go for the S1 anytime. Not too sure about the new Prime 3. The S1 tyres are currently stock tyres on the honda civic(215/55/16) and there's bad reviews on them. Not too sure if it's due to the country of manufacture. The Prime 2 are from Hungary, my S1 were from Korea, I suspect the Civic's S1 maybe from Thailand (Although i find the quality of Thai tyres to be top notch)

6 minutes ago, Cwinedine said:

It's really a different tyre. The primacy is touring comfort with good wet handling while the pilot sport well, a sports tyre. The handling & grip is different and the trade-off is noise. The primacy is really quiet. I was on a business trip to KL back in May this year and was driven in a honda odyssey RB1 series. What was most impressive is how quiet the the cabin was at 160-180kmh while travelling from KL- Cameron highland and mind u, the msia roads are not the best around. When we stopped at one of the petrol ksiok for refueling, i came down to see what tyres it was on, and when i saw that it was Michelin 215/60/17 Primacy 4, i was damn impress as I had a RB1 on 215/60/16 Primacy 3 but they were no where close to the comfort of the new 4s. However I find both thread pattern rather similar. 

I replaced them with the Prime 2(205/50/17) as their thread pattern is similar to the Primacy. Not as quiet nor comfy as the Primacy 4 but good enough for the price I paid. I have Hankook Noble S1 (215/50/17) on another car and the S1 is quieter & slightly more comfy than the Prime 2. I will go for the S1 anytime. Not too sure about the new Prime 3. The S1 tyres are currently stock tyres on the honda civic(215/55/16) and there's bad reviews on them. Not too sure if it's due to the country of manufacture. The Prime 2 are from Hungary, my S1 were from Korea, I suspect the Civic's S1 maybe from Thailand (Although i find the quality of Thai tyres to be top notch)

Thanks for your reply and comments! 

I have read reviews about the Primacy 4 that says it is a soft tyre, I think meaning softer sidewalls that gives greater comfort but higher rolling resistance compared to other Michelin tyres. I am deciding on the next set of tyres to change to. I have tried Hankook before and was pleasantly surprised. Of course my natural preference is Michelin, Continental, etc. 

1 hour ago, andrewyewkc said:

Thanks for your reply and comments! 

I have read reviews about the Primacy 4 that says it is a soft tyre, I think meaning softer sidewalls that gives greater comfort but higher rolling resistance compared to other Michelin tyres. I am deciding on the next set of tyres to change to. I have tried Hankook before and was pleasantly surprised. Of course my natural preference is Michelin, Continental, etc. 

My pleasure. The Primacy 4 has a very low  rolling resistance bro hence improve fuel efficiency. 

The new Hankook Prime 3 is pretty good too, read the review from UK
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Hankook/Ventus-Prime-3-K125.htm
Might try this next.

Primacy doesn't comes in 205/50/17 only 215/50/17, 225/45/17 so gotta go for Hankooks.

• Praise 1

Primacy is more comfort and quiet. I am hoping that it can last longer. PS4 last a little less than 40,000k.

But PS4  cuts water like a knife. Shiok! 

• Praise 1

On 10/21/2019 at 9:53 PM, nikkoon said:

Are you able to share the size and exact model of Primacy 4? Is there any changes to your fuel consumption too?

I am on 205/55/16.

So far after 3 tanks, I am doing 11km/l.

Very impressed

22 hours ago, Shonshu said:

Primacy is more comfort and quiet. I am hoping that it can last longer. PS4 last a little less than 40,000k.

But PS4  cuts water like a knife. Shiok! 

Thank you very much! 

On 10/24/2019 at 12:37 PM, Shonshu said:

I am on 205/55/16.

So far after 3 tanks, I am doing 11km/l.

Very impressed

Bro u do a lot of city driving? I'm getting between 11-13km/l on 50/50% city/highway driving

On 10/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, Cwinedine said:

Bro u do a lot of city driving? I'm getting between 11-13km/l on 50/50% city/highway driving

Hi, I am doing about 60% city and 40% highway

Hi , may I know how much did you spend on the hankooks? Thank you

8 hours ago, Shonshu said:

Hi , may I know how much did you spend on the hankooks? Thank you

They were on my previous previous car, cannot remember exactly and also because I joined as a Hankook member, there was additional discounts. Price also depended very much on the tyre profle and rim size. Nevertheless I think I paid about $150 for them and the equivalent Michelin or Continental was about $250, so the savings were quite substantial. 

Supercharged

Hi people,

Do you experience difficulty shifting out of "park" when battery is weak?

Just wondering if this is common on Mazda5.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:11 PM, Didu said:

Hi people,

Do you experience difficulty shifting out of "park" when battery is weak?

Just wondering if this is common on Mazda5.

How "Old" is your battery. My car is 2yrs old and with 24hrs recording tapped to the car's battery. I will disable I-stop whenever I start the car. A check on my battery's health status indicates it's still in the healthy range which I find it weird as it's already 2yrs old and my mileage is about 50k km.

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Cwinedine said:

How "Old" is your battery. My car is 2yrs old and with 24hrs recording tapped to the car's battery. I will disable I-stop whenever I start the car. A check on my battery's health status indicates it's still in the healthy range which I find it weird as it's already 2yrs old and my mileage is about 50k km.

I recently replaced mine after 3 yrs+ of use. And yes, I also disable iStop when driving.

3 hours ago, Didu said:

I recently replaced mine after 3 yrs+ of use. And yes, I also disable iStop when driving.

Wow amazing battery life. With your reply, I'm rest assured that mine is still in good condition but I doubt that the battery will affect the shifting of P on the gearbox. 

Supercharged
59 minutes ago, Cwinedine said:

... but I doubt that the battery will affect the shifting of P on the gearbox. 

So before I had it replaced, this is what I experienced:

My headlight is on "auto", hence it's always turned on when I start my engine in a sheltered car park.

So I'm having difficulty shifting out of "Park".

Suspecting the old battery is a little weak, I switched off the head lights. And that resolves the gearshift issue for me.

Is that a common behavior on the gearshift when Mazda 5 battery goes weak?

↡ Advertisement