Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

2 hours ago, Greddy82 said:

Hey guys

Where is a reasonable price experienced workshop for 60k servicing which include fuel filter replacement?

Anyone forgo doing the fuel filter replacement at 60k? Never have I experienced changing the fuel filter at a lowly 60k milage. 

Thanks all!

Petrol filter at 100K is ok.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
24 minutes ago, Greddy82 said:

I agree.

Don't know why it's part of Mazda maintenance schedule tho. Normally replaced at 80-100k for Japanese cars. 

One word.... GREADY. 

hmm one letter different from your nick. 🤪

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Enegue_aol said:

So far I always ask workshop to replace my fuel filter. They always say very clean. Don’t need to change. ESP we pump singapore petrol.

Haha cos it's a tedious work.

16 hours ago, WWbarb said:

Kah motor is 40k change fuel filter.

Ah. I didn't know that. At least it's consistent across the Japanese makes then.

• Haha! 1

On 4/28/2020 at 4:31 PM, Greddy82 said:

Hey guys

Where is a reasonable price experienced workshop for 60k servicing which include fuel filter replacement?

Anyone forgo doing the fuel filter replacement at 60k? Never have I experienced changing the fuel filter at a lowly 60k milage. 

Thanks all!

I did the fuel filter change at 60K mileage at TE. It was part of the complimentary 3 years servicing package.  Since it falls within the package, no question asked. 

Hi, is it worth it to buy your own front and rear brake pads and pay your mechanics for labour fees to fix? 

Thank you and stay safe all

• Praise 1

On 5/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, Shonshu said:

Hi, is it worth it to buy your own front and rear brake pads and pay your mechanics for labour fees to fix? 

Thank you and stay safe all

Generally yes.

Best to get 2 quotes to compare . 1.for labour plus partsfrom shops and 2. Labour only.

Some shop have higer labour cost when using own sourced parts.

• Praise 1

On 5/3/2020 at 10:55 PM, Greddy82 said:

Generally yes.

Best to get 2 quotes to compare . 1.for labour plus partsfrom shops and 2. Labour only.

Some shop have higer labour cost when using own sourced parts.

Hi Greddy 82,

I was quoted about $400 to change front and rear brake pads . But I could get a set of Frixa brake pads for $100. 

Is the workshop over charging?

Thank you so much!

• Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, Shonshu said:

Hi Greddy 82,

I was quoted about $400 to change front and rear brake pads . But I could get a set of Frixa brake pads for $100. 

Thank you so much!

Sounds a bit ex.

If you wanna compare make sure for the same brand of pads then it's fair.

I changed my front pad on my previous 1.6 car for 100 bucks for pads and labour. 

I feel labour shouldn't cost $100 for front and rear and that is taking the extreme end of the figures.

You may check with SGGarage for their labour only cost or parts and labour. They are reasonable and fast.

Hope it helps.

5 hours ago, Greddy82 said:

Sounds a bit ex.

If you wanna compare make sure for the same brand of pads then it's fair.

I changed my front pad on my previous 1.6 car for 100 bucks for pads and labour. 

I feel labour shouldn't cost $100 for front and rear and that is taking the extreme end of the figures.

You may check with SGGarage for their labour only cost or parts and labour. They are reasonable and fast.

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much

10 hours ago, Shonshu said:

Hi Greddy 82,

Thank you so much!

Why don't you go find out what brake pads are they offering for the $400 job? Maybe its not a cheap brand of brake pads?

The $100 brake pads you get its just for the front or rear right? You need to add another set to make it complete to compare with the $400 job.

18 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Why don't you go find out what brake pads are they offering for the $400 job? Maybe its not a cheap brand of brake pads?

The $100 brake pads you get its just for the front or rear right? You need to add another set to make it complete to compare with the $400 job.

Hi, the $100 brake pads is for front and rear.  You may be correct as the mechanic mentioned that their recommended set of brakes pads is equivalent to the original mazda brakes. ( and minimum or no rusting). 

Thank you ! 

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, potatoes1003 said:

Yes, this might be good for children in the third row.

Hi, I have been driving M5 for the last 5 years. Love the drive, power and the sliding doors! ( especially with young children on board). 

Change battery twice and on my 3rd set of tyres.

Cheers! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1