Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

Neutral Newbie
1 minute ago, Weewee1976 said:

When I was driving Mazda 5 previously with stock rims and stock tyres, I never got good mileage before also. Haha...

Anyway it's better to find a reputable tyre shop to ask for advise. To measure the disc rotor size, you can just use a measuring tape to measure its diameter. Other than that, rim offset is also important. The correct rim offset will ensure the correct clearance between the BBK and rim, and also flushing nicely with the car's body.

Hah.. Really r.. FC still bad on original.. The thing is that using 18".. no choice need to use low profile.. with 18" feel like a bit sluggish.. prolly becos heavy rim.. Thank you for the advise.. I really hope can at leadt go to 17".. Then no need use low profile tyres.. Scared if go holiday.. go into pot holes.. Will be bad news.. 😭🤦

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
28 minutes ago, Cwinedine said:

@DinoBoy Like what bro weewee1976 mentioned, u can use a measuring tape to measure the diameter. Hope the pic helps

image.png

Ohh great.. Very clear.. If lets say it cannot fix due to the brake.. Can rim spacer help?

2 hours ago, DinoBoy said:

Hehe.. Thanks for the advise.. I wanna keep the BBKs but wanna downsize the rims.. So I hv to use this size only.. not even 17"? My fuel on average is 10.8 - 11.5L.. 🤦

If you have to change the rims and tyres the total costs will be significant and the cost savings on fuel consumption alone probably will not be able to compensate. You can try increasing your tyre pressure a bit to increase efficiency. 

Neutral Newbie
9 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

If you have to change the rims and tyres the total costs will be significant and the cost savings on fuel consumption alone probably will not be able to compensate. You can try increasing your tyre pressure a bit to increase efficiency. 

Ohh great.. Effective tyre pressure for 18" is how many psi?

38 minutes ago, DinoBoy said:

Ohh great.. Effective tyre pressure for 18" is how many psi?

The recommended is 32 psi so something above 36 psi will increase your efficiency significantly. As tyre pressure affects your braking distance, comfort and handling, you will need to experiment and use trial and error to find what is suitable to your needs. 1-2 psi can make a difference to your comfort etc. Temperature (ambient or prolonged driving) and type of gas will also alter your tyre pressure.

image.thumb.png.f14414cd03a7b09cdce781e83b9ebb75.png

Neutral Newbie
23 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

The recommended is 32 psi so something above 36 psi will increase your efficiency significantly. As tyre pressure affects your braking distance, comfort and handling, you will need to experiment and use trial and error to find what is suitable to your needs. 1-2 psi can make a difference to your comfort etc. Temperature (ambient or prolonged driving) and type of gas will also alter your tyre pressure.

image.thumb.png.f14414cd03a7b09cdce781e83b9ebb75.png

Ohh ok.. Thanks.. any idea if rim spacer will help regarding my rim/brake issue..

9 minutes ago, DinoBoy said:

Ohh ok.. Thanks.. any idea if rim spacer will help regarding my rim/brake issue..

It might be possible with spacers but I do not know enough to advise you. Maybe other people can advise you.  

@DinoBoy If it cannot fit due to offset issue because the caliper is hitting the spoke of the rim, then yes, spacer helps but overall if the rim cannot fit due to the size of the rotors and caliper then the spacers won't help.

Neutral Newbie
15 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

It might be possible with spacers but I do not know enough to advise you. Maybe other people can advise you.  

😊👍

Neutral Newbie
7 minutes ago, Cwinedine said:

@DinoBoy If it cannot fit due to offset issue because the caliper is hitting the spoke of the rim, then yes, spacer helps but overall if the rim cannot fit due to the size of the rotors and caliper then the spacers won't help.

I see.. I guess need to go to car tyre shop n test n check.. Thanks..!

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys.. Thanks for the advise.. Already change to 17" (Advanti).. The drive felt great.. N good thing even with that BKK can still fit in 17".. I intend to service my Mazda5.. 

Pls advise on the:

1) Engine Oil

2) ATF

3) Brake Fluid

4) Spark plug (Tot of getting Denso Iridium)

Thanks In Advance..

20210508_154511.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hi all Mazda 5 owners, am looking for a 2016-2018 Mazda 5. I was originally looking at Wish, however chance upon Mazda 5. How does Mazda 5 compare to Wish in terms of: 1. FC, 2. Third Row space, 3. Maintenance cost.

There are a lot of Wish on the road, so I know getting a Wish is a safe bet, but I like the idea of sliding door.

@Andriod Since nobody replied you yet I will just give my 2 cents. However, actual owners may give you better feedback or more accurate info later on. I have not owned either of these cars but having owned both Toyota and Mazda cars, I know some of their strengths and weaknesses. I have driven both cars. I did not like the handling of the previous model Wish as the car kept resisting the steering inputs of the driver. In contrast, Mazda5 is one of the best handling MPVs I have driven. You did not mention handling as a criteria but it is very important to me. Otherwise 1. FC-Wish winner, 2. Third-row space - Mazda5 IIRC, 3. Maintenance - Wish. With my criteria the Mazda5 is the clear winner but with your criteria the Wish is ahead, I think.

Neutral Newbie
15 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

@Andriod Since nobody replied you yet I will just give my 2 cents. However, actual owners may give you better feedback or more accurate info later on. I have not owned either of these cars but having owned both Toyota and Mazda cars, I know some of their strengths and weaknesses. I have driven both cars. I did not like the handling of the previous model Wish as the car kept resisting the steering inputs of the driver. In contrast, Mazda5 is one of the best handling MPVs I have driven. You did not mention handling as a criteria but it is very important to me. Otherwise 1. FC-Wish winner, 2. Third-row space - Mazda5 IIRC, 3. Maintenance - Wish. With my criteria the Mazda5 is the clear winner but with your criteria the Wish is ahead, I think.

Thanks for the feedback, i have test driven Wish but have yet to do so for Mazda 5, would try out but am happy with the handling for wish for now.

33 minutes ago, Andriod said:

Thanks for the feedback, i have test driven Wish but have yet to do so for Mazda 5, would try out but am happy with the handling for wish for now.

Yes, the newer Wish's handling is improved. To me, the Mazda 5 is a much better car and one grade higher than the Wish.

↡ Advertisement