Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

Neutral Newbie

My m5 downside is the exhaust too low. Have to find low kerb to park if not sure kena. Anywhere i could find lta approved exhaust?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi hows the overall of this car compared to the wish or carens? I heard the older mazda always have gb problem. Any feedback on the new mazda5?

• Praise 1

Hi hows the overall of this car compared to the wish or carens? I heard the older mazda always have gb problem. Any feedback on the new mazda5?

Got this car for about a month now. It is ok, fuel consumption not that great, getting abt 10-11 km/l.Comfort is better than Wish in my opinion. Didnt like the roof mount monitor, but it comes with it. Test drive all the 3 cars, try twice. Once on your own and another with your troops(FAMILY). Gather the feedback and make your choice. Go with one you like the most. All 3 MPVs has its own issue... no perfect car!

• Praise 1

Hi bros/sis

I am considering between Orlando and Mazda 5. Please share Mazda 5's experience.

1) Is it stable at 120kph?

2) Cabin noise level low?

3) All seat comfortable for long journey? I think 3rd row is leg room rather than seat comfort

4) How reliable is the skyactiv engine, so far?

5) Is it under power during starting pick up? I think, once on the move power not an issue.

6) Any bad experience on servicing?

78) Any other info to share, kindly advise.

Appreciate any comments good or bad. No cars are perfect. Thanks.

(edited)

Hi bros/sis

I am considering between Orlando and Mazda 5. Please share Mazda 5's experience.

1) Is it stable at 120kph?

2) Cabin noise level low?

3) All seat comfortable for long journey? I think 3rd row is leg room rather than seat comfort

4) How reliable is the skyactiv engine, so far?

5) Is it under power during starting pick up? I think, once on the move power not an issue.

6) Any bad experience on servicing?

78) Any other info to share, kindly advise.

Mazda5 1st gen, litany of problems before scrapped: Servicing done at AD for 10 years.

1. Tires wear out from inside every 2 years due to negative camber

2. ECU died on 5th year

3. Gearbox died on 5th year

4. Engine mount cracked and broke every 2 years after 4th year

5. Battery died every two years.

6. Headlamp bulbs changed every 3 years.

7. Ignition coils died on 9th year.

I gave up.

Otherwise,

1. Yes, stable even to 140 kmph.

2. Ok lah.. not deadly silent but not like sitting on tarmac. Tires choice important in noise factor.

3. Is 1 hour long journey. Then, no, not for 3rd row.

4. Don't know, mine not skyactiv.

5. Depend on your foot power. Got motorcyclist stared at me for ramping faster than his bike from traffic light.

6. Ubi guys changed my transmission fluid. Next day, car park lot flooded with pink color liquid. Pick your service advisor carefully and the workshop carefully.

7. Pleasure to drive, zoom zoom zoom feel.

Edited by Limwsv

Thank you for your sharing. From your feedback, does not seem that reliable for Mazda 5. Your damages also seem high owing this mpv. Hope the current model already rectify all the faults that you have been facing.

• Praise 1

Thank you for your sharing. From your feedback, does not seem that reliable for Mazda 5. Your damages also seem high owing this mpv. Hope the current model already rectify all the faults that you have been facing.

Buying a car sometimes depends on luck too... Even if you buy a very " reliable" brand, if it will breakdown, it will breakdown no matter how much care you put on it. Go with the car you are most comfortable it. Buy within your budget. [;)]

• Praise 1

Buying a car sometimes depends on luck too... Even if you buy a very " reliable" brand, if it will breakdown, it will breakdown no matter how much care you put on it. Go with the car you are most comfortable it. Buy within your budget. [;)]

True. Thanks. Follow the heart. [:p]

Mazda5 1st gen, litany of problems before scrapped: Servicing done at AD for 10 years.

1. Tires wear out from inside every 2 years due to negative camber

2. ECU died on 5th year

3. Gearbox died on 5th year

4. Engine mount cracked and broke every 2 years after 4th year

5. Battery died every two years.

6. Headlamp bulbs changed every 3 years.

7. Ignition coils died on 9th year.

I gave up.

Otherwise,

1. Yes, stable even to 140 kmph.

2. Ok lah.. not deadly silent but not like sitting on tarmac. Tires choice important in noise factor.

3. Is 1 hour long journey. Then, no, not for 3rd row.

4. Don't know, mine not skyactiv.

5. Depend on your foot power. Got motorcyclist stared at me for ramping faster than his bike from traffic light.

6. Ubi guys changed my transmission fluid. Next day, car park lot flooded with pink color liquid. Pick your service advisor carefully and the workshop carefully.

7. Pleasure to drive, zoom zoom zoom feel.

What was your mileage ny end of 10yrs

• Praise 1

What was your mileage ny end of 10yrs

High, 240K. Wear and tear I expected. But struts holding the engine to the car frame also consider consumable items? It's like saying that the pillars and beams holding up your house is consumable item.

Yes, learn my lesson, MIJ not all equal. Some are more reliable than others. Returning to Toyota brand. Waiting for Altis price to drop, but need to wait long long, target price far far away. [laugh]

Well, hopefully MIT is better than MIJ!

Edited by Limwsv
  • Praise 1

High, 240K. Wear and tear I expected. But struts holding the engine to the car frame also consider consumable items? It's like saying that the pillars and beams holding up your house is consumable item.

Yes, learn my lesson, MIJ not all equal. Some are more reliable than others. Returning to Toyota brand. Waiting for Altis price to drop, but need to wait long long, target price far far away. [laugh]

Well, hopefully MIT is better than MIJ!

Engine mounting is definitely wear & tear.... Personally, I wouldn't classify most of what you have experienced as reliability issues, given your high mileage. All cars will have wear & tear; some earlier some later (torque converter, cvt, automated manual gearboxes tend to have a shorter lifespan than a good old manual)

Reliability is about the car dying on you and giving funny problems; especially on the road. Thinga like

1. Gearbox stuck while driving, cannot increase speed; could not drop gear atvlower speed too (car a few months old, mileage less than 20k)

2. LCD display damaged (speedo was part of this display panel too) (see above)

3. Water pump failure (see above)

4. Engine failure (multiple problems, car mileage around 60k)

5. Gwarbox failure that resulted in car shutdown in the expressway (mileage less than 60k)

6. Car shutdown & cannot be revived due to electronic failure at traffic light

7. Steering pump kaput, lost power steering (less than 100k mileage)

8. Aircon blower gave loud noises (less than 40k mileage)

All the above are some compilations of me & my friends experience (

Edited by Notsogoodman

Engine mounting is definitely wear & tear.... Personally, I wouldn't classify most of what you have experienced as reliability issues, given your high mileage. All cars will have wear & tear; some earlier some later (torque converter, cvt, automated manual gearboxes tend to have a shorter lifespan than a good old manual)

Reliability is about the car dying on you and giving funny problems; especially on the road. Thinga like

1. Gearbox stuck while driving, cannot increase speed; could not drop gear atvlower speed too (car a few months old, mileage less than 20k)

2. LCD display damaged (speedo was part of this display panel too) (see above)

3. Water pump failure (see above)

4. Engine failure (multiple problems, car mileage around 60k)

5. Gwarbox failure that resulted in car shutdown in the expressway (mileage less than 60k)

6. Car shutdown & cannot be revived due to electronic failure at traffic light

7. Steering pump kaput, lost power steering (less than 100k mileage)

8. Aircon blower gave loud noises (less than 40k mileage)

All the above are some compilations of me & my friends experience (

Nope, never said that Mazda5 has reliability issue. Just listing out all the problems that my car had. There may be a couple more that your list prompt to memory. I think I changed the pump on the 8th year.

Anyway, how to explain transmission fluid all over carpark? That's a human problem, right?

Toyota just run better without all the above litanies of problems. So heading back directions. Probably Conti cars have a even worse list than my Mazda5 [laugh]

Edited by Limwsv

Hi bros/sis

1) Is it stable at 120kph? Yes

2) Cabin noise level low? Yes. Better than my previous car, Toyota Altis and Hyundai Trajet

3) All seat comfortable for long journey? I think 3rd row is leg room rather than seat comfort . 3rd row leg room is not spacious. 2nd row is ok. But seat is hard

4) How reliable is the skyactiv engine, so far? no problem so far

5) Is it under power during starting pick up? I think, once on the move power not an issue. Pick up is pretty good. and Smooth too. No lagging in power delivery

6) Any bad experience on servicing? No problem so far

78) Any other info to share, kindly advise. Only complain i have is the rear muffler is too low. hit the kerb if reverse.

My previous Premacy 1.8 alos has the low muffler problem and hitting the tail pipe. Worst is the low clearance in Malaysia over bumps scratching. Even taking it slowly.

Thanks for you sharing.

My previous Premacy 1.8 alos has the low muffler problem and hitting the tail pipe. Worst is the low clearance in Malaysia over bumps scratching. Even taking it slowly.

Thanks for you sharing.

i dont encounter this when in Malaysia- > Worst is the low clearance in Malaysia over bumps scratching

So you could be lucky as it don't happen to you. [laugh]

If driving through those taman or kampung road, it will scratch the lower exhaust. Because those humps are self made. So call no std spec. In main road or highways no problem.

Edited by 7seater