Game of Thrones

Tjkbeluga

I've read and re-read the damn books thrice already. Finished the World of IaF... finished the Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister (awesome btw

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

didn't know Robert Jordan pass away -.-

pick up the wheel of time many years back from library and start reading, bk 6 nia.

some time read until fall asleep , also dun know reading wat [crazy]

Haha... the WoT series is a damn epic... too long... I got hooked when I bought the first book with a torn cover in a second hand book store in 1991... 20+ years and many hundreds of dollars later... I was still waiting for the book to end

Haha... the WoT series is a damn epic... too long... I got hooked when I bought the first book with a torn cover in a second hand book store in 1991... 20+ years and many hundreds of dollars later... I was still waiting for the book to end

Season 6 episode 1 starts today.

I was deeply traumatised by the last scene. Hope I don't have nightmares tonight.

Edited by Jellandross

Supposed to have total how many seasons huh? Must wait how many years to finish???

As long as they are making money from the series, there will be more seasons. So...yeah...maybe years if the followers not decreasing or better, increases.

I was deeply traumatised by the last scene. Hope I don't have nightmares tonight.

Episode 2 last scene is kinda unexpected... :D

(edited)

Episode 2 last scene is kinda unexpected... :D

Wish came true for many fans I'm sure, including me. All hail the Lord of Light!

Edited by Jellandross

Supersonic
(edited)

Usually, I like the book version of something much better than the movie/TV adaptations.

But the way GRRM is going with ASOIAF, I think I prefer GOT.

The TV show completely cuts out massive diversions that don't add much to the overall plot.

GRRM went on and on about Quentyn Martell being sent with his merry men to woo Daenerys into an alliance with Sunspear. That whole convoluted plot ended up with him being burnt into an extra-crispy corpse.

GRRM went on and on about Brienne fighting people all over the place while trying to locate Lady Sansa. The whole thing diverged significantly in the books with Sansa pretending to be a commoner in the Eyrie, but if it's going to converge to the nightmare that awaits her at Winterfell with Ramsay, then what good is all that?

GRRM went on and on about Thoros being able to resurrect people (well, Beric Dondarrion, at least). I admit it's weak in the TV show with Melisandre doing it to Snow's corpse, but still - it's quick.

GRRM went on and on with Tyrion and Penny's adventures with pigs - thank the old gods and the new that the TV show cut that right out.

GRRM didn't have Euron directly killing Balon - at best, it was insinuated that he may have got an assassin to do the deed. The TV show cuts right to it.

GRRM didn't even spell out that Theon had his nice bits cut off. The TV show cuts right to it, if you'll excuse the pun.

So many other time-wasting things - I don't even know where the reanimated corpse of Catelyn Tully (Lady Stoneheart) fits into the grand scheme of things with GRRM, but if the show is anything to go by, it's going to go nowhere, so that's another waste.

That's the worst part - with the story moving so quickly ahead in the show, you actually get a sneak peek of how the books will move ahead. It's actually quite disheartening to know that all the time and effort and emotion you've invested into various plot arcs will come to naught. GRRM frequently wastes time like this - he's like Tolkien on steroids. At least Tolkien's major sin in LOTR was limited to Tom Bombadil/Goldberry.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2