COE - June Round 1 2014

Darryn

But buy new car you must have lots of hard cash on hand to pay for the downpayment! If not still cannot buy new car.

Even got lots of hard cash also dont have to be stupid , all for a piece of metal in Singapore.

If in Europe or US or anywhere without COE, i would go brand new anytime.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Those who paid $90K for their COE only to find that it is only $60K now will not be happy [bigcry]

I believe most people are hoping for a stable COE environment and not prices up and down like a roller coaster :D

Actually how many (in absolute numbers) buyers bought at 90K COE ? Looking at a larger picture, pissing these small numbers be better than putting off the larger mass of the population who are hoping for more affordable COE to buy a typical B&B car.

As mentioned by other bros, those bought at 90K are likely those with a deeper pocket or the super rich, drop in COE is no issue at all, to them.

I hope the COE will drop, either gradually or plunge ! LOL..

Actually how many (in absolute numbers) buyers bought at 90K COE ? Looking at a larger picture, pissing these small numbers be better than putting off the larger mass of the population who are hoping for more affordable COE to buy a typical B&B car.

As mentioned by other bros, those bought at 90K are likely those with a deeper pocket or the super rich, drop in COE is no issue at all, to them.

I hope the COE will drop, either gradually or plunge ! LOL..

It was just an illustration that when COE prices slide, people who paid higher prices would not be happy. If COE prices continues to plunge further, more and more people would be unhappy.

The more severe is the fall in COE prices, the more are people who paid high for their COE would be unhappy. Hence, in a falling market, this 'absolute number' is ever increasing and depends on what level of COE prices we are benchmarking against.

I am too hoping for COE prices to drop like many of the bros here but in order for it to be sustainable, a gradual drop is most preferred. :D

(edited)

Even got lots of hard cash also dont have to be stupid , all for a piece of metal in Singapore.

If in Europe or US or anywhere without COE, i would go brand new anytime.

Guess what? the new M4 was retailing at Euro 60k when I was in Munich last yr. Edited by Mach23

The wait for July round 1 bid seems long. 3 weeks instead of 2 this time. But should be an increase this time because of the 3 weeks. Looking forward to next quota announcement.

Hypersonic

It would be wise for Ads to engineer a continual decrease in coe prices to stimulate demand and collect more orders.

Otherwise prices may collapse when coe supply peaks

Buyers at 60k coe prices have petered out. Time to suck in the next lower level.

(edited)

Definitely, it will go down, the reason why 05 or 06 and 07 vehicles were registered in staggering numbers in because of the low interest rates and long loans to ease the financial damage.

With these vehicles coming to the end of its era 10 years, many will scrap and reconsider due to the unacceptable cooling measures (loans) if they wanna buy back the market. With the COE at ridiculous level, all will do the wait and see approach.

And 2016 is a defining year also, i believe all should noe what i mean

Maybe I am wrong, perhaps I just hope the COE will nosedive somehow !

Edited by RatedRRicky

(edited)

Guess what? the new M4 was retailing at Euro 60k when I was in Munich last yr.

Sorry I have mistaken, it should have been Euro 60k (OTR) for the latest M6! Photo taken at BMW Welt, MU.

post-37121-0-78824500-1404026703_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mach23

(edited)

aiya, spore toyota corrola altis price can buy Posrche 911 in the US liao la

which means ... in spore the "base car" on the road should be Porsche 911

Porsche can be the No. 1 sales in Singapore for US price

Sorry I have mistaken, it should have been Euro 60k (OTR) for the latest M6! Photo taken at BMW Welt, MU.

Edited by Wt_know

aiya, spore toyota corrola altis price can buy Posrche 911 in the US liao la

which means ... in spore the "base car" on the road should be Porsche 911

Porsche can be the No. 1 sales in Singapore for US price

We have attained Swiss 'standard' liao...

Turbocharged

Guess what? the new M4 was retailing at Euro 60k when I was in Munich last yr.

Used cars are oven cheaper, there was a Buick offered to me for 7.5 k

Hypersonic

Surrender 40% of your income first to iras then calculate if you still can afford a 911 or m6 as your bnb car if you insist on comparing with US

• Praise 1

What's the point of comparing S'pore car price with other countries?

Tot it is a known fact that here is the most expensive place to own a car in the world with the recent article of comparing similar Toyota corolla prices around the world.

(edited)

20% goes into cpf liao ... so just another 20% and no yearly income tax?

hmm ... probably considerable leh

then no min sum got awesome welfare benefits like usa social security ... ok too

then can drive porky 911?

Surrender 40% of your income first to iras then calculate if you still can afford a 911 or m6 as your bnb car if you insist on comparing with US

Edited by Wt_know

Hypersonic

20% goes into cpf liao ... so just another 20% and no yearly income tax?

hmm ... probably considerable leh

then no min sum got awesome welfare benefits like usa social security ... ok too

then can drive porky 911?

US median income 50k

Dual income 100k

40k give to govt, left 60k

buy house 300k

still got enough to buy 911 or m6?

haven't even count other things hor

:D

↡ Advertisement