Cabby flips over man in wheelchair for calling LTA

Darthrevan

NP_20140604_SQTIP-L4K_486149.jpg

Driver angry at disabled man for calling LTA on illegally parked taxi

He tipped a disabled man out of a wheelchair, causing the latter to suffer abrasions on his left wrist.
Former cabby Jit Singh, 60, was yesterday jailed for two weeks and ordered to pay Mr Ng Eng Gee, 51, $500 in compensation after pleading guilty to one count of voluntarily causing hurt.
He committed the offence after finding out that the wheelchair-user was the one who had informed the authorities that he had illegally parked his taxi on Dec 24, 2012.
For assaulting Mr Ng, who has cerebral palsy, Singh could have been jailed up to two years and fined up to $5,000.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Farking piece of shit.

Must be parking illegally blocking the ramp for wheelchair.

• Praise 8

Turbocharged
(edited)

wa .. case happened xmas eve 2012, now then sentence ...

edit: obligatory...

burnhousebeatmother.png

Edited by Sp4wn
  • Praise 8

Turbocharged

Wah. Sibeh chek ark. There's a special place in hell for these people.

And why only pay $500?

*placing tongue firmly inside cheek*

FAVOURABLE TREATMENT FOR CITIZENS!!

Why you all comprain - isn't this what you want? Better treatment?? [bounce1][bounce1][furious][furious]

*removing tongue from cheek*

In seriousness...

WTF?? So long to get sentenced and such light sentence for such a heinous act!!

Same guy

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2643579-the-little-tyrant/

actual news:

FOR the past six months, Mr Ng Eng Gee, 46, has been taking pictures of vehicles parked illegally at a coffee shop located at Upper Aljunied Road.

Not because he's a police officer looking out for errant motorists, but simply because he's looking to get back at these motorists.

Here's why: By parking illegally, they are blocking a ramp that allows the wheelchair-bound man from getting onto the road.

So intent is he on his task that he appears up to three times a day at the coffee shop, mostly in the evening, snapping pictures.

Once he gets them, he calls the traffic police.

Said Mr Ng: 'Some of these cars even park on the pavement leading to the bus stop. They are very inconsiderate.'

Not everyone is supportive of Mr Ng's actions. Some residents in the area told The New Paper that Mr Ng should not be contacting the police each time he finds someone parked illegally.

They are so unhappy with him that they are starting to call him names, like 'little tyrant', and 'public nuisance'.

One resident, who wanted to be known only as Mr Tai, said: 'If he wasn't handicapped, he would have been beaten up by now.'

The stallholders at the coffee shop are not happy either.

Businesses affected

Ever since Mr Ng began his 'mission' in February, they claim that business has gone down by 20 to 30 per cent.Other businesses in the area claim they too have been affected.

'Nobody will want to stop here for dinner when they run the risk of having to pay $70 in fines for a single meal,' said a stallholder who wanted to be known only as Mr Neo. He sells fishball noodles at the coffee shop.

Some coffee shop patrons park illegally because the nearest car park is a few blocks away.

Deliverymen, who use the stretch of road to unload their supplies, are also unhappy.

One, Mr Seah Lak Tee, 50, alleged: 'We stop our vehicles for 15 minutes at most to unload our supplies, but he still calls the traffic police and gets us into trouble. It's unreasonable.

'We are a civil society. He needs to spare a thought for those of us trying to make a living.'

But Mr Ng insists he's doing nothing wrong.

'People shouldn't park illegally. Even if it's only for 15 minutes, they still obstruct the way,' he said.

The stallholders and residents alleged that Mr Ng often knocks into people and tables with his wheelchair.

'He used to cause scenes at the coffee shop. It only stopped when the lady boss befriended him and started to give him free food, ' claimed Mr Stephen Loo, 51, a businessman.

Student Wong Ren Khang, 15, who lives in the area, claimed he had been knocked into before.

'He hit my leg from behind, then went off without even apologising,' he said.

Mr Ng, however, vehemently denied the allegations, arguing that no such incidents ever occurred.

He said: 'If I knocked into them, I would have been sued already.'

Instead, he said he had been a victim himself on several occasions. Once, his wheelchair was locked with a bicycle chain, he claimed.

'I was waiting behind the bushes at the other side of the road to see if any cars would park illegally when I felt someone behind me.

'I tried to turn but couldn't and discovered that my wheels had been locked,' he claimed.

He then had to wait a few hours for the police to cut the bicycle chain before he could move, he said.

Mr Ng added that he had requested the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to build a walkway ramp from the coffee shop to the traffic light.

He said he had also requested bollards to be built to prevent illegal parking.

The New Paper contacted the LTA on Thursday, but it had not responded by press time.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

This is nothing. The Nazi soldier flipped a Jewish wheelchair bound man over the balcony in The Pianist :ph34r:

Same guy

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2643579-the-little-tyrant/

actual news:

FOR the past six months, Mr Ng Eng Gee, 46, has been taking pictures of vehicles parked illegally at a coffee shop located at Upper Aljunied Road.

Not because he's a police officer looking out for errant motorists, but simply because he's looking to get back at these motorists.

Here's why: By parking illegally, they are blocking a ramp that allows the wheelchair-bound man from getting onto the road.

So intent is he on his task that he appears up to three times a day at the coffee shop, mostly in the evening, snapping pictures.

Once he gets them, he calls the traffic police.

Said Mr Ng: 'Some of these cars even park on the pavement leading to the bus stop. They are very inconsiderate.'

Not everyone is supportive of Mr Ng's actions. Some residents in the area told The New Paper that Mr Ng should not be contacting the police each time he finds someone parked illegally.

They are so unhappy with him that they are starting to call him names, like 'little tyrant', and 'public nuisance'.

One resident, who wanted to be known only as Mr Tai, said: 'If he wasn't handicapped, he would have been beaten up by now.'

The stallholders at the coffee shop are not happy either.

Businesses affected

Ever since Mr Ng began his 'mission' in February, they claim that business has gone down by 20 to 30 per cent.Other businesses in the area claim they too have been affected.

'Nobody will want to stop here for dinner when they run the risk of having to pay $70 in fines for a single meal,' said a stallholder who wanted to be known only as Mr Neo. He sells fishball noodles at the coffee shop.

Some coffee shop patrons park illegally because the nearest car park is a few blocks away.

Deliverymen, who use the stretch of road to unload their supplies, are also unhappy.

One, Mr Seah Lak Tee, 50, alleged: 'We stop our vehicles for 15 minutes at most to unload our supplies, but he still calls the traffic police and gets us into trouble. It's unreasonable.

'We are a civil society. He needs to spare a thought for those of us trying to make a living.'

But Mr Ng insists he's doing nothing wrong.

'People shouldn't park illegally. Even if it's only for 15 minutes, they still obstruct the way,' he said.

The stallholders and residents alleged that Mr Ng often knocks into people and tables with his wheelchair.

'He used to cause scenes at the coffee shop. It only stopped when the lady boss befriended him and started to give him free food, ' claimed Mr Stephen Loo, 51, a businessman.

Student Wong Ren Khang, 15, who lives in the area, claimed he had been knocked into before.

'He hit my leg from behind, then went off without even apologising,' he said.

Mr Ng, however, vehemently denied the allegations, arguing that no such incidents ever occurred.

He said: 'If I knocked into them, I would have been sued already.'

Instead, he said he had been a victim himself on several occasions. Once, his wheelchair was locked with a bicycle chain, he claimed.

'I was waiting behind the bushes at the other side of the road to see if any cars would park illegally when I felt someone behind me.

'I tried to turn but couldn't and discovered that my wheels had been locked,' he claimed.

He then had to wait a few hours for the police to cut the bicycle chain before he could move, he said.

Mr Ng added that he had requested the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to build a walkway ramp from the coffee shop to the traffic light.

He said he had also requested bollards to be built to prevent illegal parking.

The New Paper contacted the LTA on Thursday, but it had not responded by press time.

Good story from the other side. People don't flip wheelchair bound people over for no reason.

• Praise 2

Flipping police car and buses is too mainstream.....

Flipping wheelchair is the latest and the most "in" thing to do lol.....!

Jokes aside, this cabby is really too much, people is already sitting on the wheelchair and there's no way he can fight back or defend himself.

Not sure if this cabby is married with children or not. If he happened to be a married man, I am sure his family will be feeling ashame of what he has done !