DO NOT be kind when comes to accident

Kurty

wah, the other party purposely drew the sketch tat he was a distance away from the traffic lights... based on tis and by comparing ur pictures, u can counter sue him tat he is fabricating stories to let himself win...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Yes, finally someone talk on this.

Can I? It's untrue..

Pictures can provide his drawing are totally incorrect

Thumbs up to thread starter, a good lesson to everyone and to myself not to rely only on the dvrs, but also take photos of the incident at different angles.

Got myself in a similar situation 2 years back, where a van driven by a young man was weaving in and out of lanes and my front right hit his rear left, came out and asked him if he was ok first then asked asked him why did he suddenly turn left and he said that the Taxi in front of him was too slow.

Seeing he was an in-experienced driver I told him I could settle this privately or via insurance as I didn't want him to get into trouble with his boss or insurance, and he said ok... so I told him that I would get back to him later after I checked with my ws.

Photoed to ws and told me about $300.00 to $500.00 so I called the young man and told him... guess what... he said I was at fault as I hit him in the rear. So I told him no need to say anymore and just report to respective insurance and i will also send my pictures of the incident (noticed that he did not do so).

Sent car to ws and submitted my photos to them and to insurance, claimed everything from the other party, instead of just repairs, replaced bumper, headlight, grill and a few other things since it's from the other side... total amount was about $1,500.00 - $2,000.00 I think.

Guess what, my insurance told me the other party did not even make a report so they assumed he was at fault, and also what with all the pictures from me was evidence enough.

Lesson here: Be nice when accidents happen and always check if anyone is injured first... but cover your butt just in case. Photos and even videos of the accident at different angles always help.

By the way... I've also been the cause of accidents twice (chain collision) and both times I admitted it was my fault (but the insurer also added in that it might have been the work of ws touts causing the incidents, and when looking back, I did notice in both incidents the front vehicles who were also involved disappeared quickly.

• Praise 3

Don't understand why many said should claim jialat jialat, claim until he call tolong, shouldn't it be just based on the actual damage and repair to claim accordingly? Ultimately we are the one footing the jialat jialat claims by having to pay higher premium when insurance companies claimed they are making losses and have to up premium for all.

• Praise 3

he signal and just turn..

Very common in Singapore leh. Had a few close shaves with such drivers. Signal on, flash once, then just cut in liao, thinking that signalling once means that they have the right of way and that the driver behind them have to slow down and let them in. [thumbsdown]

my first accident was like this and I was in same position as the Honda. The other party claimed about $20000 from my insurance.

(edited)

On 2nd thoughts I read this with a large pinch of salt. Somemore no video. Dunno how true. I gonna treat it as any other one sided story. TS driving style is also questionable.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

ok,

i'm fuming hot.. :angry:

i wanted to be nice but i guess the joker is being dishonest..

his report:

My side of story:

obviously:

- you abruptly cut into my lane cause you wanna make a left turn instead.

- you also didn't see me, probably i too small hence you just cut.

- you wanted to move the vehicle but i insisted NO

- you didn't talk much but looking at your cunning look, i can tell.

- you lied on your report, lucky i have checked with my lawyer, we will file a big claim to your insurer.

- you are such a big liar. [thumbsdown]

NOT a GENTLEMAN

Bro, relax. This case quite straightforward.

1) The bugger changed lane just before the junction which is already evidence in your favour.

2) You did not hit the back of the car because you are obviously already very close to him if the contact is the side. You cannot just speed up and hit his side. Drivers would be able to tell that.

3) He admitted that he wanted to turn left at the junction.

So there, quite simple. No need to get worked up. If you have a lawyer already, that makes everything even easier.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

i got DVR but damn it.. <_<

capture but no image..

i did furnish additional pictures to the workshop, so far the lawyer say its a winning case as he admit that he make a left turn.

Then with the pictures, it also shows that he wanted to do that.

well, with his money, i will invest a gd DVR [laugh]

Wish you all the best, bro :)

Don't let a liar go scot free !

Hate to see a man can't stand up against his own conscience.

Retribution will come, and will serve him a reminder for his lies.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

14156350830_efff4902bb_b.jpg

Why nobody go google map check back the road?? I help you lah TS. It's so clear cut this lan jiao stream wanna flip prata??

1) The lane he was in wasn't even suppose to turn left.

2) Junction cannot change lane too.

3) You were inside a lane that can go straight or turn.

Simple clear cut. Claim this bugger as much as you can!!! Hate dishonest ppl to the core.

post-4330-0-05257000-1401885258_thumb.png

post-4330-0-86853800-1401885270_thumb.png

• Praise 2

Slimmest of chance, but hope TS got good luck and some MCF bros who happened to be at the accident scene can help check their car cams for eyewitness videos..then the culprit will indeed have his bluff called

Very common in Singapore leh. Had a few close shaves with such drivers. Signal on, flash once, then just cut in liao, thinking that signalling once means that they have the right of way and that the driver behind them have to slow down and let them in. [thumbsdown]

Hmmm, a little confession here, before changing lane, I would check side mirror, then blind spot, if coast is clear, then signal and start to gradually move into the next lane. Normally, under this situation, flash only once.

If there is another vehicle that is quite near, I would check side mirror to see if he is willing to let me in, if not I would let him pass first.

Of course, if vehicle in blind spot, then I would only signal when he has passed me.

Supersonic

Anyway after 7 years on road..

I admit I had yearly car Accident..

But never, would I risk my loved ones when comes to driving.

I'm not advocating that I am a saint or Mr nice when driving.

Yes, I admit I am super unlucky. People just love to hit my car for some reason..

Yes, I love cars and speed but I don't do it at expense of others.

Period...

His side skirt drop.. then left door cannot open..

You had yearly car accident?! Got affect your insurance premium or not?

Supercharged

You had yearly car accident?! Got affect your insurance premium or not?

My bad, Sorry.. only 5 Accident so far..

1 rear end by taxi

1 is the fellow turning left when I go straight.

1 is going straight, lady came and hit on my right..

1 is a lesson to tell me to obey road marking.

1 is now..

My ncd is as at 55%..

Supersonic

1 rear end by taxi

1 is now..

My ncd is as at 55%..

But your premium didnt increase when you renew your insurance?

Supercharged

But your premium didnt increase when you renew your insurance?

Why would increase when I Didn't make any Claim??

Supersonic

1 rear end by taxi

1 is now..

My ncd is as at 55%..

How many years have you been driving?

I've been driving 7 years and only got into one minor accident.

Reversed into my neighbor's car at the carpark. Neighbor checked the car and found it to be undamaged. Cost me 200 to fix my own.

Supersonic

Why would increase when I Didn't make any Claim??

Lucky you that even you are involved in an accident but all case you won, thats why no claim to your insurance?!
↡ Advertisement