Where is your favorite wanton noodle?

nazerath

Turbocharged

I tried a few ever since I am back, did not like the eng's wanton noodles, fei fei, one at bedok reservoir, a few at bedok north.

I like the one at lavender food court and the one at east coast hawker. Any good ones to recommend?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Roxy Square ground floor food court (a very very small food court). There's only one wanton mee stall and the uncle's voice is super loud when he shouts the number.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

I tried a few ever since I am back, did not like the eng's wanton noodles, fei fei, one at bedok reservoir, a few at bedok north.

I like the one at lavender food court and the one at east coast hawker. Any good ones to recommend?

Tiong Bahru food centre there got a few good ones. [grin]

This thread reminds me the wtm cooked by my late grand mother

Edited by Super7
  • Praise 1

My favourite is one from my childhood. They used to operate at the canteen near my parents' workplace in Woodlands, and we were all very friendly and neighbourly and knew each other. I remember one time I insisted on having the wanton mee even though they just closed for the day (I small kid, didn't know better), and they made it specially for me. [:)]

The old couple who ran the store retired already. The industrial estate where the canteen was is long gone. I will miss them.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

any good recommendation for those kind of black KL WTM?

Jurong Point Malaysia Boleh food court. While you're there, try the KL Hokkien Noodles as well.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Wanton mee is like chicken rice, hardly can go wrong but mostly average.

Like those mixed with ketchup when I was very young. The KL black sauce ones are usually nicer. Hong Kong style no char siew.

Missed the Amoy street hawker centre where one aunties selling wanton mee by herself with no helper, it come with both soup wanton and fried one about 6-8 pieces each.

any good recommendation for those kind of black KL WTM?

The pontian wanton mee franchise have, not fantastic and also not too bad. Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

thanks, I too like the black kind but recently tried one, I think they put soya sauce, it was terribly salty. I heard the lavender hawker center going to close, anyone knows bout this.

personally never liked the pontian wanton noodle, maybe it was the branch.

(edited)

The pontian wanton mee franchise have, not fantastic and also not too bad.

Some Pontian not nice but the one at Tampines St 11 round market is.

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

I know there are many nice wanton noodle in the makan corner.............do a search and many will come out...........wanton noodle in Lite & Ez is going to get the mods jumping................ [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Roxy Square ground floor food court (a very very small food court). There's only one wanton mee stall and the uncle's voice is super loud when he shouts the number.

Tried few times , the taste and texture can be improved further, not too bad, room for improvement.

The noodle does not come with black soya sauce or ketchup or chilli... you can add Chilli flakes, Sugar to your liking. The noodle is Aglio Olio style i.e. tossed with fried pork lard. Fried wanton is nice with pork and onions as fillings.

post-87160-0-24287200-1402125327_thumb.jpg

post-87160-0-70871600-1402125351_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

thanks, I too like the black kind but recently tried one, I think they put soya sauce, it was terribly salty. I heard the lavender hawker center going to close, anyone knows bout this.

personally never liked the pontian wanton noodle, maybe it was the branch.

I ask the auntie at lavender and she said that they are still searching for new place. The will operate till Sept this year and take a rest before re opening. She told me to see newspaper for notification.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

thanks! will go there before they shift. Sometimes people say rest, then do not open liao.I hope they do.

Last time there was a sesame chix rice at waterloo street, they say they shift and will have notice, don't know where they shifted to.

↡ Advertisement