Where is your favorite wanton noodle?

nazerath

i used to eat that many years ago before the hawker centre was renovated, not that popular that time and their WTM was much better then.

I hardly eat that now as the queue is ridiculous.

my company got lunch bus to different hawker center, Friday is clementi hawker.

sometime i follow bus go makan also....

one collegue intro me eat, he say jin ho jiak.....I see long queue so join in as i tout "must be" nice.......

that was the first time I eat Boon Kee and it was almost 1.5 years ago.....I was wondering why so long queue when it is not nice to eat.....

today 2nd time eat....also see long queue....

(sometimes I wondering whether sinkies know wat is nice food or not....DTF so Pai jiak also everytime long queue....

Oops :shy:  :shy:  maybe is I buey hiao jiak :shy:  [:p]  )

Edited by Nightkids
↡ Advertisement

my company got lunch bus to different hawker center, Friday is clementi hawker.

sometime i follow bus go makan also....

one collegue intro me eat, he say jin ho jiak.....I see long queue so join in...

that was the first time I eat Boon Kee and it was almost 1.5 years ago.....I was wondering why so long queue when it is not nice to eat.....

today 2nd time eat....also see long queue....

(sometimes I wondering whether sinkies know wat is nice food or not....DTF so Pai jiak also everytime long queue....

Oops :shy:  :shy:  maybe is I buey hiao jiak :shy:  [:p]  )

Boon Kee WTM not nice at all, simply add oyster sauce & soya chicken sauce to the noodle.  Maybe this is the only WTM in clementi central hawker centre,  This WTM don taste like Cantonese WTM.

• Praise 3

Boon Kee WTM not nice at all, simply add oyster sauce & soya chicken sauce to the noodle.  Maybe this is the only WTM in clementi central hawker centre,  This WTM don taste like Cantonese WTM.

there is another one:

Pontian Won Ton Mee.....which sucks big time....

[furious]  [furious]  [furious]

just now i sit there and eat, cannot see pontian leh.......maybe my seat position cannot see....or maybe they tou liao !!  [laugh]  [laugh]

anyone can verified?  [laugh]

Edited by Nightkids

for traditional HK wanton mee, the legendary HK at Jurong point also not bad.

(image from internet)

IMG_6240.JPG

today evening go JP buy things....walk past Legendary HK, hiong hiong chiong inside to eat....

ordered:

WTM soup: soup very nice, Mee OK, won ton big! got prawn! taste 還好...

Shui Jiao soup: big, prawn and 木耳,taste 還好...

Har Gao: size and filling OK, taste not bad...

Siu Mai: size OK, taste OK, unlike outside si beh sweet...

叉燒包: not bad, not sweet....

White chicken rice: wife eat, never try...

Duck drumstick: jin nice, the oil smell good....(seldom eat duck, not much experience)

鴛鴦冰: nicely mixed...

奶茶冰: aromatic, nice...

total damage is $60+

will go back jiak the dim sum and drink 奶茶 instead of WTM and such....

Edited by Nightkids
  • Praise 3

now at Empress Hawker Ah Wing WTM #01-108

soup is nice

chat Siew not bad, a bit Chao ta bee...when you eat the fatty part...shiok...

Mee is spongy, a bit bland....

won ton ho jiak ! :D

shui Jiao ho jiak ! :D

(while I'm typing and eating this, queue starts to build up.....)

RTF: Yes, if I nearby around lunch time,will come...:D

RTF = Retun To Feast, don't anyhowly tink

Edited by Nightkids
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

yup, non dark sauce type.

the stall managed by 2 uncles if memory serves me right.

generous portion.

is this the one? 

I just had it today's lunch.  

Nice. yes, generous portion for $3.  the stall ppl are confirmed cantonese. This noodle reminds me of the old Lavendar WTM stall, but i detest the Lavendar stall.  Its obvious that they are throat ppl with their overpriced miserable portions.  

the only 'complaint' i have about this one is the noodles seems to be abit too soggy.  not sure if its supposed to be like this or they are too bz with the many orders. 

After finishing the WTM, i go over to other side of food centre and have the grass jelly with atap seeds.... good stuff!! 

post-28957-0-48640800-1452674962_thumb.jpg

post-28957-0-21947700-1452674965_thumb.jpg

post-28957-0-10508300-1452674977_thumb.jpg

post-28957-0-47797100-1452674977_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

is this the one? 

Nice. yes, generous portion for $3.  the stall ppl are confirmed cantonese. This noodle reminds me of the old Lavendar WTM stall, but i detest the Lavendar stall.  Its obvious that they are throat ppl with their overpriced miserable portions.  

the only 'complaint' i have about this one is the noodles seems to be abit too soggy.  not sure if its supposed to be like this or they are too bz with the many orders. 

After finishing the WTM, i go over to other side of food centre and have the grass jelly with atap seeds.... good stuff!! 

[nod]

friendly folks running the stall.

This stall hoe kee at blk 504A serangoon north ave 4 has just up the ante with new thicker sticky noodles that suit my taste.

Only if the greens are a bit more raw n crunchy. The wantons shrink a little but won't embarrass you in front of frens fm HK.

I was looking at the map.

Isn't 504A a MSCP?

Thank you!

Will go there to try soon, coz near my place! [laugh]

Enjoy the feast.

My boy was a fan of "stupid pearl" WTM till I intro this stall to him n he learned the meaning of 'a higher mountain'.

i used to eat that many years ago before the hawker centre was renovated, not that popular that time and their WTM was much better then.

I hardly eat that now as the queue is ridiculous. 

it used to be good. haven't eaten there for many years liao. always put off by the queue.

I only like the dry hokkien noodle in that hawker center. grew up eating it.

• Praise 2

Enjoy the feast.

My boy was a fan of "stupid pearl" WTM till I intro this stall to him n he learned the meaning of 'a higher mountain'.

my boy also prefer that, maybe due to the sweet black sauce and the fried wanton.

my boy also prefer that, maybe due to the sweet black sauce and the fried wanton.

I find their boiled wanton very smelly...dont mind the fried ones with tata sauce as side though.

• Praise 3

I find their boiled wanton very smelly...dont mind the fried ones with tata sauce as side though.

the smell actually come from the 柴鱼, local wanton dun have this.
  • Praise 3

is this the one?

Nice. yes, generous portion for $3. the stall ppl are confirmed cantonese. This noodle reminds me of the old Lavendar WTM stall, but i detest the Lavendar stall. Its obvious that they are throat ppl with their overpriced miserable portions.

the only 'complaint' i have about this one is the noodles seems to be abit too soggy. not sure if its supposed to be like this or they are too bz with the many orders.

nah toh loh nah toh loh ?

*drooling*

• Praise 1

Supercharged

nah toh loh nah toh loh ?

*drooling*

at hawker centre alexandra village, where lots of car workshops.  this WTM stall is facing couple of tyre shops and a very small car park.  Sure got queue, but it moves pretty fast

↡ Advertisement