Where is your favorite wanton noodle?

nazerath

at hawker centre alexandra village, where lots of car workshops. this WTM stall is facing couple of tyre shops and a very small car park. Sure got queue, but it moves pretty fast

to make sure I know the place, is it opposite Alexander hospital?

not ABC hawker Hor....

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

to make sure I know the place, is it opposite Alexander hospital?

not ABC hawker Hor....

yeah, NOT the ABC hawker.

Its the opposite the Alexander Hospital, where the "now-not-so-famous" claypot laska is 

Its the opposite the Alexander Hospital, where the "now-not-so-famous" claypot laska is 

ok, thanks......

any day and time to avoid?

Supercharged

ok, thanks......

no idea. i was only there one time (yesteday) for lunch. if u wan to avoid peak, then go v early or late after the main lunch crowd left

ok, thanks......

Car park there is a major challenge. I usually park at the workshops side, put coupon and walk out to eat.

Thank you Bro Donut and Blueray for the advise....

will give my review when I go makan.... :D

while you are there ... have an avocado milk shake too ... [laugh]

• Praise 1

hahhaa  "now-not-so-famous" claypot laska    :D 

nearby the stall also?

will try bcos never drink before... :D

on the other side (or last Roll)  of the hawker center ... there are 2 selling  

Thank you Bro Donut and Blueray for the advise....

will give my review when I go makan.... :D

go during lunch time and u will have problem parking ..... 

• Praise 2

hahhaa "now-not-so-famous" claypot laska :D

on the other side (or last Roll) of the hawker center ... there are 2 selling

go during lunch time and u will have problem parking .....

Actually hor.. The bkt there also quite good.. Prefer the 药材味 type... Also.. In the middle got a Chinese stall selling 锅贴... Won't miss it.. The one with the queue!! Beri authentic .. Can rival old airport road one...

As for wtm... Golden shoe have a bee kee... Truffle oil wtm... Not bad.. Atas twist to comfort food

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 4

at TPY lorong 1 & lorong 2 cross junction, there is a 燒臘店 selling WTM, blk 116. The best landmark is The Yellow Pages building. The block is beside the building. The YTF also famous :)

last time is my favour WTM

ask for more darker

Mee is canton style

char Siew is nice, with Chao ta taste, thin slice though

wonton is nice, size is small

shui Jiao is nice, but no prawn

soup got herbal taste, don't know is dang gui or wat

when pie Jurong heavy jam when I enter from MacPherson, will go here and jiak....

Edited by Nightkids
  • Praise 4

Actually hor.. The bkt there also quite good.. Prefer the 药材味 type... Also.. In the middle got a Chinese stall selling 锅贴... Won't miss it.. The one with the queue!! Beri authentic .. Can rival old airport road one...

As for wtm... Golden shoe have a bee kee... Truffle oil wtm... Not bad.. Atas twist to comfort food

Love that herbal soup base BKT...very generous uncle often offer meaty 'big bones'.

• Praise 1

at TPY lorong 1 & lorong 2 cross junction, there is a 燒臘店 selling WTM, blk 116. The best landmark is The Yellow Pages building. The block is beside the building. The YTF also famous :)

last time is my favour WTM

ask for more darker

Mee is canton style

char Siew is nice, with Chao ta taste, thin slice though

wonton is nice, size is small

shui Jiao is nice, but no prawn

soup got herbal taste, don't know is dang gui or wat

when pie Jurong heavy jam when I enter from MacPherson, will go here and jiak....

Bro I stay behind this block and find this stall is quite expensive and the portion is small imho. They have another branch at Blk 128. I only get the duck for CNY and it cost $40+.

fyi the YTF you mentioned is not the original stall which moved to Blk 124. look for Hup Chong Hakka Yong Dou Foo.

• Praise 1

Bro I stay behind this block and find this stall is quite expensive and the portion is small imho. They have another branch at Blk 128. I only get the duck for CNY and it cost $40+.

fyi the YTF you mentioned is not the original stall which moved to Blk 124. look for Hup Chong Hakka Yong Dou Foo.

the another branch is at coffee shop oppo lorong 1 wet market right?

the YTF main stall is nearby also tio boh?

there is a famous "White Bee Hoon" at the same coffee shop isn't it?

my wife eat at the main satll but find the meat ball small and not so delicious as block 116.

back to WTM, i never tried the block 128 de is bcos wife wanna eat YTF and i wanna eat WTM, so usually we go block 116  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Went with family members to Tiong Bahru earlier to eat. I usually eat the famous pig organ soup but always notice there is wan ton mee stall beside that has a long Q. Decided to change taste for once. BIG MISTAKE!! [furious]

I was no. 5 in the Q but the 1st person had order almost 10 packets of noodles. Was getting impatient but seeing some1 tabao almost so much should be good or at least not bad.

My turn I order wan ton mee & sui jiao soup. Saw the woman throw some frozen sui jiao into the bowl & pour hot soup over it. Then came the won ton mee. Took the food back to table. flipped the noodle & ate, feel like nua nua type likely overcooked. Saw the sui jiao still as one bunch together, had to separate them so that my family members could eat one pc. No taste at all, just meat & prawn inside, with frozen taste. Only redeeming factor was the char siew, which was good with slightly charred.

I had eaten won ton mee from several stalls (not as much as TS) bf but this has got to rank among the bottom. surprise to see the long Q waiting in line some more. 

For those looking to try won ton mee, can refer to the many recommendations listed here. U can definitely skip this one and won't miss much [thumbsdown]

• Praise 5

Maybe the people in the queue are siblings and relatives of the woman...haha.

U go back 2 hrs later still the same people in the queue.

Edited by Fcw75