nazerath

Where is your favorite wanton noodle?

6th Gear (edited)

yah, the elder sis also very hard working. Morning before 8 there liao, at night after 8 still there 

enough meh ? If Bro @adrianli have to upsize 5 times  :D

ST_20131021_VBSHAWKER_3889123e_2x.jpg?it

the elder sister is the left one or right ??

wat i know is the elder one is the right one....:D:D:D

Edited by Nightkids
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

ST_20131021_VBSHAWKER_3889123e_2x.jpg?it

the elder sister is the left one or right ??

wat i know is the elder one is the right one.... :D:D:D

middle one is the mother I presume ... so whether left one or right one ... will end up middle one ... just saying ...

• Praise 3

6th Gear

Yesterday evening I went to jln selaseh seletar corner for western, then I noticed the wanton mee store no longer there with a noticed which I presume open to rental. Anyone knows where they move to or they close shop for good?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

the smell actually come from the 柴鱼, local wanton dun have this.

柴鱼 = Tipoh?

Supersonic

Yesterday evening I went to jln selaseh seletar corner for western, then I noticed the wanton mee store no longer there with a noticed which I presume open to rental. Anyone knows where they move to or they close shop for good?

Gone?!

Clutched

wow, my fav gone......

Supersonic

Haiz, I want to know too. It's one of the nicest I ate before.

6th Gear

Maybe they moved, should ask the zichar next door.

Had this wanton mee for lunch with @Adrianli, noodles was good except for strong kee taste.

post-1109-0-89573500-1458281794_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

槓上花云吞面 at Ghim Moh Market.

Yes, we like that a lot.  Run by two aunties who have been selling wanton mee for more than 3 decades.  They open quite early too so we sometimes go for breakfast.  0:20 onwards of the video below.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Recently chance upon a market probably unknown to many. Blk 4A Jln Batu Mkt & Food Ctr.

This mkt has many WTM. So, my frens went around to try. N concluded the best WTM is the one facing Blk 7.

Besides, WTM they hv tasty duck rice also facing Blk 7. Porridge which only open in the mrng cos it is sold out by noon. I hv tried the Western stall, I can't recall exact name but it starts w alphabet "B", tasty n they dont use msg.

The mixed veg rice stall is also nice n value for $$$. They hv Malay stalls which I tried Mee Soto. But, I still preferred the one at AMK which is very popular for it's generous portion N yummy soup.

• Praise 6

1st Gear

I like the one at bedok corner, just order the $4.50 or issit $5 portion, wont go wrong.

• Praise 1

1st Gear

Recently try 1 stall WTM at Jurong East Central coffer shop near CPF Building taste great, soup clear & sweet chilli very hot..

The next two stall Siow Wan Miam also good, meat a lot soup also nice.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Any WTM with authentic fatty char siew ? Not the dry meat with colouring  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The lard croutons are a by-product of frying fatty pork to produce the lard for mixing with the noodle. The latter is what makes the dry noodle very tasty. The traditional ones will have to fry a lot a lot of fatty pork, so there will be a lot a lot of lard croutons to give away.

My favorite now! If u first time, must order the black sauce big bowl. The lard is self service, very sinful!
https://www.facebook.com/Soi-19-Thai-Wanton-Mee-511834992185973/

Hypersonic

Any WTM with authentic fatty char siew ? Not the dry meat with colouring  [thumbsdown]

I like fatty char siew too ... so I prefer to eat WTM at stalls that sell roast. char siew tastes better too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2