Where is your favorite wanton noodle?

nazerath

The one at the end near the ICA bridge. Operated by old man and old auntie. Very nice traditional wanton mee. But they old liao so a bit slow at serving customers always long queue.

They have both lunch and dinner shift right?

I ate once for dinner.  Arrive at 8pm. Stall stars preparation.  Customer places order.  I was lucky to have my noodle at 9:30pm.

↡ Advertisement

They have both lunch and dinner shift right?

I ate once for dinner.  Arrive at 8pm. Stall stars preparation.  Customer places order.  I was lucky to have my noodle at 9:30pm.

I dont know about dinner. I am usually there for lunch only.

• Praise 1

@Adrianli which wanton mee stall at crawford lane need to wait for 30min?

a man waited to tabao his wanton mee for 30min and got angry, threw a beer bottle at the stall [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

edit: it was a beer mug.

Reported in New paper. Stall name is Koka.

The customer also stupid, so worked up over wtm. Singapore got only one stall ?

Have been eating their noodles since young. Quality has dropped somewhat & less portion but still much better  than others. When you make order, they will usually tell u how long to wait. 1hr is the norm. And there are many Qs at night.

Now start taking order from 7.30 or 8pm onwards. So if you're lucky, you can eat before 9pm. Not recommended if you want to eat this for dinner.

Recognise the injured lady who got injured b'cos she wanted to help. [mad]   

Edited by Christan
  • Praise 5

Some people cannot control their emotions de, not all as cool as u [:p]

• Praise 5

the kopi diam opposite Citibank si boh ?

will go try one day as I always go Citibank for corporate banking....

BTW, went to ghim moh æ§ä¸è± wtm.....not nice at all.....bleh...

Is it soi 10 or 13 I don't remember the digit behind. Yes..very good. Noodle very Q Q. The wanton so so only. Brought the 5 dollars 20 packs for the office..99% said good...and filling.

OK OK..not me queued. Office boy queued.

• Praise 1

Have been eating their noodles since young. Quality has dropped somewhat & less portion but still much better than others. When you make order, they will usually tell u how long to wait. 1hr is the norm. And there are many Qs at night.

Now start taking order from 7.30 or 8pm onwards. So if you're lucky, you can eat before 9pm. Not recommended if you want to eat this for dinner.

Wah, one hour waiting time ... I'll pass.

Have been eating their noodles since young. Quality has dropped somewhat & less portion but still much better  than others. When you make order, they will usually tell u how long to wait. 1hr is the norm. And there are many Qs at night.

Lunch time, the queue is not so long. Around 15 to 20mins queue. Lunch time, you make your order when it is your turn in the queue at the counter/display. Tell the old man what u want and he cook it. No advance order taking. So the slow pace.

I usually order $4 portion. Barely enough for me.

Not sure why TNP say they only operate at night only. I am 100% sure they are open during lunch time too.

• Praise 1

Lunch time, the queue is not so long. Around 15 to 20mins queue. Lunch time, you make your order when it is your turn in the queue at the counter/display. Tell the old man what u want and he cook it. No advance order taking. So the slow pace.

I usually order $4 portion. Barely enough for me.

Not sure why TNP say they only operate at night only. I am 100% sure they are open during lunch time too.

If you are taking about Koka , they are only open from around 9 pm to 130 am. Think you may have mistaken this stall for the one 2 to 3 stalls away .

Another popular stall there in the morning / lunch time will be the Lao Huang Hakka YTF .

Recently chance upon a market probably unknown to many. Blk 4A Jln Batu Mkt & Food Ctr.

This mkt has many WTM. So, my frens went around to try. N concluded the best WTM is the one facing Blk 7.

Besides, WTM they hv tasty duck rice also facing Blk 7. Porridge which only open in the mrng cos it is sold out by noon. I hv tried the Western stall, I can't recall exact name but it starts w alphabet "B", tasty n they dont use msg.

The mixed veg rice stall is also nice n value for $$$. They hv Malay stalls which I tried Mee Soto. But, I still preferred the one at AMK which is very popular for it's generous portion N yummy soup.

that should be the one originally at blk 7 then they shifted to the hawker center

morning got 1 stall sell bee hoon with those chicken wing, otah, egg, etc ... super cheap.....

take note, most stalls there close early

Edited by Galantspeedz

If you are taking about Koka , they are only open from around 9 pm to 130 am. Think you may have mistaken this stall for the one 2 to 3 stalls away .

Another popular stall there in the morning / lunch time will be the Lao Huang Hakka YTF .

I can confirm is Koka. There is only one WTM stall there. Its white signboard with chinese characters. Near to the rear exit which leads to ICA building.

The noodle stalls there not many. I usually eat noodle for lunch so I only go for noodle stalls there. There got the lor mee, prawn noodle and bar chor mee.

There are two YTF stalls there. Both YTF stall, lunch time no more liao. 

Most popular there are the chap chai png stalls, three of them and my favourite Chicago Nasi Lemak.

I can confirm is Koka. There is only one WTM stall there. Its white signboard with chinese characters. Near to the rear exit which leads to ICA building.

Erm... There are 2 WTM there , one that opens in the day time and Koka only opens late night . Signboard shows Koka , was just there Saturday night .

Koka left is a coffee stall , then lor mee stall

Given the amount of food I see that you sometimes posted , dun think even 5 bucks serving of Koka WTM will be enough for you , maybe 3 bowls of 5 bucks order ba . Their serving is really small , even me a average eater , can eat a bowl of lor mee Liao , can still finish their 4 bucks serving straight .

Edited by Hubwee

Erm... There are 2 WTM there , one that opens in the day time and Koka only opens late night . Signboard shows Koka , was just there Saturday night .

Koka left is a coffee stall , then lor mee stall

I would need to go back there and have a look again. [laugh]

This is the stall

Yes leh. Is this stall I patronise during lunch time. I remember the uncle in the background. Work very slow and his hand shaking one. The layout of the stall also the same.

Let me go back there again, maybe tmr to look see look see. Today got lunch date liao.

from the news report, this was the uncle (65 yrs old) at the stall in the evening. Maybe they have 2 shifts   [laugh]

attachicon.gifTired after 30 minute wait for wonton mee man smashes stall with beer bottle and punches woman Courts Crime News Top Stories The Straits Times.png

The stall I patronised, not this uncle. It was an older white hair uncle. When he scoop the noodle from the cooking pot to the bowl, you can see his hand shaking. think got Parkinson. 

↡ Advertisement