Where is your favorite wanton noodle?

nazerath

I am also surprised.. last titme zi char sure have de..

hokkien mee lor. not fried hokkien mee!

come to jurong...............sure have............ [thumbsup][:p][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

poor man estate, hougang, sengkang, yishun all tried before liao leh..

Sure have one leh... you go near Kovan there already have...

You can also try the Toa Payoh area, Serangoon Central, Paya Lebar (Near Tai Seng).

For better ones, you can go to Plumer Road's Quan Xiang Yuan. Geylang also got restaurant selling KL Hokkien mee as it's main.

For Wantan mee, I'd prefer the Dajie at Sam Leong Rd although I ate once only and also at Tanglin Halt the small kopi tiam, the shop opens late till early morning.

• Praise 1

I do not think it is hard to find. For example my estate has two zi char stall selling this.

its definitely not easy to find..but most if not all taste yucky

its definitely not easy to find..but most if not all taste yucky

The one at my area still taste okie.. If not, Malaysia has the best ones.. Those small towns serve the best wtm n black noodles...

• Praise 1

The best wanton noodle ever is this:

http://www.hosengkee.com/continue2.htm

Be prepared to wait 30min -45 min at your table and that's provided you get a table.

Once you tried this, none of those in SG is good enough.

Don't rubbish leh, many people who go other countries to try their food, always come back saying SG food no fight, cannot make it. Anyway that wanton mee in the pics look very much like the pontian wanton mee in SG lor.

Every zi char have this la, you just tell them hockkien mee, they will give you that. But usually I order sa bo(clay pot) mee, as they use the same thick noodle, but add goodies like tua tao.

Wa I staying your so called poor man estate n every Zhi char will have leh

Zzz

You like that say, people from other richer estate really think sk hg poor people nb eat hokkien mee before ar hahaha

Soi 19 dam long queue lo. Use to visit the dim sum beside Soi 19. The queue until almost block the whole coffee shop.

Tks for your recommendation, jus tried the dim sum n San lau hor fun nice!

This San lau hor fun smells nicer than taste but I consider it as abv avg zi char oreadi

It's called hk street zhen zi

This dim sum I was there at 445 pm, they did all fresh hot hot nice

Sure have one leh... you go near Kovan there already have...

You can also try the Toa Payoh area, Serangoon Central, Paya Lebar (Near Tai Seng).

For better ones, you can go to Plumer Road's Quan Xiang Yuan. Geylang also got restaurant selling KL Hokkien mee as it's main.

For Wantan mee, I'd prefer the Dajie at Sam Leong Rd although I ate once only and also at Tanglin Halt the small kopi tiam, the shop opens late till early morning.

or go to Beng Thin Hoon Kee or Bee Heong Palace or Beng Hiang

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Don't rubbish leh, many people who go other countries to try their food, always come back saying SG food no fight, cannot make it. Anyway that wanton mee in the pics look very much like the pontian wanton mee in SG lor.

Go try first. You will probably find more than half of the restaurant r Sporeans.

It' is definitely different from Spore wanton noodle or Pontian wanton noodle.

This is Ho Seng Kee. They are so good that at the opposite road, someone set up a clone stall called Ho Meng Kee. Those who could not get a table in HSK will normally walk over and just eat the HMK one.

I remember the old days when the current owner father is running the stall below one old hotel at Jalan Meldrum. He will open the stall at 12pm, but at 11.30am, long queue had already form outside his stall. EVERYDAY.

n5.gif

By 4pm, he would already sold out. The above pic is the father at work. Those queuing above are those who take away. At least half of the coffee shop are crowd that are dining in and waiting. (the other half are for other food stalls, but their business was never as good as HSK)

Now is his son at the new location, I am not sure if the standard has drop, but 2 years ago I ate there and it seems as good.

Go try, those long waiting time and long queue is not for nothing.

Edited by Icedbs

Go try first. You will probably find more than half of the restaurant r Sporeans.

It' is definitely different from Spore wanton noodle or Pontian wanton noodle.

This is Ho Seng Kee. They are so good that at the opposite road, someone set up a clone stall called Ho Meng Kee. Those who could not get a table in HSK will normally walk over and just eat the HMK one.

I remember the old days when the current owner father is running the stall below one old hotel at Jalan Meldrum. He will open the stall at 12pm, but at 11.30am, long queue had already form outside his stall. EVERYDAY.

n5.gif

By 4pm, he would already sold out. The above pic is the father at work. Those queuing above are those who take away. At least half of the coffee shop are crowd that are dining in and waiting.

Now is his son at the new location, I am not sure if the standard has drop, but 2 years ago I ate there and it seems as good.

Go try, those long waiting time and long queue is not for nothing.

Good wanton mee always makes me happy, but a little bit far la.

Actually there is a wanton mee stall at cheng san market that sell wanton mee only in the morning. I like the way that the uncle painstakingly cook every order so well that the noodle really got that qq texture. Think the stall is beside song kee fish ball noodle, which is not bad also.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Good wanton mee always makes me happy, but a little bit far la.

Actually there is a wanton mee stall at cheng san market that sell wanton mee only in the morning. I like the way that the uncle painstakingly cook every order so well that the noodle really got that qq texture. Think the stall is beside song kee fish ball noodle, which is not bad also.

Ok....I will go try the Cheng San one.

Problem is, for nearly 20 years of tasting wanton noodle in Spore, I could not find one that is better than HSK. Singapore wanton noodle has quite a bit of black sauce, and for most time, the dry wanton noodle is not really dry......it has that soupy base of black sauce. The taste basically comes from the black sauce and the chilli, not from the noodle itself.

HSK dry wanton noodle and no black sauce, truly dry and the taste comes from the noodle itself. How they do it, I don't know and the texture is great. The experience is totally different......

However, the closest one to HSK I ever taste in Singapore is the one at the Old Airport road food center. It has a LED numbering to manage queue. The stall is full of endorsement from media, celebrities, etc. It's good, but still not the same palate experience as HSK.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

or go to Beng Thin Hoon Kee or Bee Heong Palace or Beng Hiang

I've been to Beng Thin and Beng Hiang... I still think the Quan Xiang Yuan is better in terms of their Hokkien Mee.

Stronger taste, lesser of the 'kee' taste too...

• Praise 1

my fav in HK one. but SG one i like the stall in the hawker behind Harbourview towers, at Telok Blangah there! sunday morning go walk walk at mount faber then drive go there eat [laugh]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

My friends who are food expert said BangKok wanton mee very nice. Better than anyone in Singapore. Wonder how true. Anyone tried before?

I think your friends are trying to divert away the fact that they ate chicken rice in bangkok by saying wanton mee there very nice.

• Praise 2

My friends who are food expert said BangKok wanton mee very nice. Better than anyone in Singapore. Wonder how true. Anyone tried before?

I think your friends should be referring to this famous shop in Bangkok-

http://reviews.noobcook.com/pratunam-wonton-noodles/

I tried and it's not bad, but definitely no better than our local versions. For 50 bahts a bowl, no complains.

If you want to sample, can try this right here in sg! :)

http://www.misstamchiak.com/soi19-thai-wanton-mee-ang-mo-kio/

• Praise 14

Are they the same compare to the Bangkok version? I have always wanted to try the Bangkok version but no chance to get there. Ever think of getting the version back to Singapore and open a stall since many Sporean like it. Wonder if it will work?

I will definitely go try the AMK one 1st. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement