Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

First service done today........less than 4hrs.

Sadly, unlike our friend previously, not free - was $460+GST.

7L of Catrol and 1pcs each of Aircon Filter, Oil & Fuel Filter and Drain Seal........wash and vacuum.

Opted not to change the top screen to "fix" the clock issue but was warned it might happen again. Since it happened one time so far, and it's more important to keep the phone connection info (B/T, Battery etc.) in the upper right of the screen instead of the time, again, I'll consider it if/when it happens again.

On the ongoing development or otherwise of software and GPS my gut feeling is to think we're going to be in for a bit of a long wait. Speaking to this SM instead of the one I spoke to before, he was more negative on GPS development and testing whilst also saying software changes from Japan were taking quite a while. In then, we'll just have to wait and see but I'm not going to hold my breath.

ouch! that's expensive!

↡ Advertisement

ouch! that's expensive!

My thoughts also, when compared to the $250-300 when inc. A/C filter I was paying for the Legacy.....albeit at AMK.

Having said that, if I spend $2-300 more per year for a Wearnes service over the next 5-6yrs it still works out less than the price of the "freebies" they threw in at the beginning, or at least break-even [:)] so it's fine. Not great, but fine​.

Not like CS getting a free service somehow - sweet talker somehow - but they guys are friendly enough and the overall experience is ok. It's great now walking past the window and casually staring into the new AM showroom next door :a-m1524: Had a beautiful blue Vantage S parked outside as they worked on finishing off the lighting - my favourite brand. I think I spotted a Vanquish as well but not so sure.

10k Svc for this price on the high side.

Surprised to know it requires 7L of EO.

Btw why need to change ac filter at 10k?

Don't quite understand when u mentioned about fixing the clock issue.

Need to change out the entire top screen? If yes, what's the downtime and cost?

Merc service intervals is 15k and the Q50 is using the same engine, so why 10k interval?

Merc service intervals is 15k and the Q50 is using the same engine, so why 10k interval?

I did checked with the SE.

Though engine and gearbox from merc, but end of the day still a Jap car, so service interval @10k.

Think the Jap more conservative. I think lexus also 10k service interval, right?

I did a test drive yesterday.

E250 engine and 7-speed GB from merc, so the drive is excellent.

The back row center hump, to me, is especially high, compared to Jag XE.

Was quoted 159,800 for 2.0T and 164,800 for 2.0T premium.

3 years / 100,000 km warranty.

When I heard the first 10 customers from car@expo got 150k for the 2.0T, I thought they had a really good deal!

When I heard the first 10 customers from car@expo got 150k for the 2.0T, I thought they had a really good deal!

pls... all sales talk la... heard the same on sunday... tell eu*ice u want it a 150k right now.. you see what she say?

damn cheezed off to face this type of sales talk from ''premium'' brand..

• Praise 1

From Canadian Infiniti agent:

KNhf5d9.jpg

Interval is 8,000 km...

Neutral Newbie

pls... all sales talk la... heard the same on sunday... tell eu*ice u want it a 150k right now.. you see what she say?

Just called her...  unfortunately, 150K really cannot get liao.    :TT_TT:  So the sales at Expo is indeed genuine.  

Just called her...  unfortunately, 150K really cannot get liao.    :TT_TT:  So the sales at Expo is indeed genuine.  

even at $164,800 for 2.0 T premium, infiniti q50 has one of the lowest markups in the market. same OMV as the BMW 318, higher basic car cost but much lower sticker price.

that was not the tune she sang when i went down on sunday...

honest truth... not my cup of tea after i tested it...  

(so.. maybe i gave her a disinterested attitude la...) 

anyways motorshow is in jan 2016... 

Edited by SuPerBoRed

So what is the best price for 2.0t now?

even at $164,800 for 2.0 T premium, infiniti q50 has one of the lowest markups in the market. same OMV as the BMW 318, higher basic car cost but much lower sticker price.

I think you can get 318i at slightly below 170k.

2.0T premium and 318i have almost the same OMV (close to 31k).

But 318i got 5k cevs rebate so basic cost is 5k lesser.

End of the day, the premium for 318i is still higher.

Not to mention 318i is the entry 3 cylinder engine (136hp & 220Nm) while Q50 2.0T is using the C250/E250 merc engine (208hp & 350Nm).

Why so few will even consider Q50? Really no idea...

I think you can get 318i at slightly below 170k.

2.0T premium and 318i have almost the same OMV (close to 31k).

But 318i got 5k cevs rebate so basic cost is 5k lesser.

End of the day, the premium for 318i is still higher.

Not to mention 318i is the entry 3 cylinder engine (136hp & 220Nm) while Q50 2.0T is using the C250/E250 merc engine (208hp & 350Nm).

Why so few will even consider Q50? Really no idea...

badgewhore lor. this applies to many many singaporeans... and the bmw gearbox is 8 speed?

but honestly, the rear bench for the 318 is more spacious. the transmission tunnel for q50 is too high and the middle seat is close to unusable... but i don't care, cos the drive is so much better hence i booked the q50. :)

also, lower road tax and insurance for the 318i... and perhaps a good overtrade.

badgewhore lor. this applies to many many singaporeans... and the bmw gearbox is 8 speed?

but honestly, the rear bench for the 318 is more spacious. the transmission tunnel for q50 is too high and the middle seat is close to unusable... but i don't care, cos the drive is so much better hence i booked the q50. :)

also, lower road tax and insurance for the 318i... and perhaps a good overtrade.

Yes the 318i is the ZF 8-speed gearbox.

You are right. One thing I cannot overcome is the center seat of the q50. It is really very high, even higher than the XE. Else the leg space is quite good.

I must admit the drive is excellent. RWD using merc engine and gearbox, cannot go wrong.

You got the 2.0T or 2.0T premium?

• Praise 1

Yes the 318i is the ZF 8-speed gearbox.

You are right. One thing I cannot overcome is the center seat of the q50. It is really very high, even higher than the XE. Else the leg space is quite good.

I must admit the drive is excellent. RWD using merc engine and gearbox, cannot go wrong.

You got the 2.0T or 2.0T premium?

sports...  [laugh]

dunno if right or wrong decision, just go with the heart.  [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement