Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

it's 1st Infiniti small engine TC car, deserve special pay attention, and price 218k similar as C200 but much lower than IS250, ES250, GS250,

actually in USA market Infiniti enjoy equal popularity with Lexus, in Asia it is seriously underestimated

Q50 is using Mercedes Benz E250 engine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

THe poor resale of Infiniti puts me off everytime I think of getting something different (I change car every 2 or 3 years).

If you plan to drive for 10 years or so, it should be a good buy.

Problem is whether it's reliable to last 10 yrs????

Turbocharged

post-1658-0-30866900-1408970714.png

post-1658-0-02620500-1408970738.jpg

Maybe poor sales due to Infiniti logo look like Chery for badge whores ? [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

Errr,with Nissan engine it is reliable,but with Mercedes engine...i think better consider twice.

• Praise 1

Infinit should last for 10 years with regular maintenance at normal cost (comparing to Conti ones).

but the price in spore is closing to badge whore price liao that makes a no brainer decision

buycartv host said ... this is a import car ... twd$2M (sgd$83K) ... it's cheap what else to ask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxpIlnaQj-E

buycartv has the review. Looks good. Has all the gadgets and equipment.

The host say that if you are not a badge whore this car is worth considering. :D

is 10 years a critical criteria?

i have heard enough that many said they will drive for 10 years when they buy the car

but i have not seen anyone actually doing it

change car below 5 years = why not if $$ is not an issue

5 years normal

7 years top!

Infinit should last for 10 years with regular maintenance at normal cost (comparing to Conti ones).

Edited by Wt_know

because it is a Jap car ma

I have issues with the design of it. Looks very 90s in a typical Jap way. Totally non premium looking.

but the price in spore is closing to badge whore price liao that makes a no brainer decision

buycartv host said ... this is a import car ... twd$2M (sgd$83K) ... it's cheap what else to ask

Thanks for pointing this out.

Ok folks. This is how a badge whore will think when it comes to buying cars of the same category. LoL...

I have issues with the design of it. Looks very 90s in a typical Jap way. Totally non premium looking.

esp the interior - looks like nissan teana.

plus the exterior oredi looks dated even for a new model.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Ok folks. This is how a badge whore will think when it comes to buying cars of the same category. LoL...

seriously, at $180k I tink most will rather spend a few more k and go for the C-class. at least no need to pretend it's not a overpriced nissan.

if they can bring it to down $150k, at least the gap is big enuf to tempt the teana buyers into paying a few k premium for an upgrade.

seriously, at $180k I tink most will rather spend a few more k and go for the C-class. at least no need to pretend it's not a overpriced nissan.

if they can bring it to down $150k, at least the gap is big enuf to tempt the teana buyers into paying a few k premium for an upgrade.

Maybe I am getting old, but I prefer the Teana to this. :ph34r:

It just seems like a product thats many years too late to the market.

• Praise 1

How can teana compare, teana NA engine, even 2.5L only 173bhp, CVT Gearbox, and MIT

Finally saw a thread on Q50. Allow me to share my experience with the car and almost being an owner of the Q50. Here goes:

I had the opportunity to test drive the Q50, pre-launch, courtesy of a really dedicated saleslady in Infiniti, without having to put down $5000 refundable deposit to test the car pre-launch.

The Q50 is powered by a 208 hp 2.0 turbo engine sourced from Mercedes-Benz - i heard it's the same engine you find in the E250, with a 7 speed gearbox with rev synchronisation. For a start, the Q50 is a fresh looking car with nice, appropriate curves and an aggressive front, particular with the sports bumper on the sport model. The lines flow smoothly to the back with attractively lit rear combination lamps, ended with large, chromed separate tailpipes that tells whoever following this car that it's no easy pushover. The Q50 mesmerises best from its front and rear three quarter angles. Ultimately of course, taste to each is own.

The interior sports good quality, appeasing most customers looking at luxury sports sedans at that level. Nice soft touch leathers bathe most of the interior with nice metallic accents. Equipment level is high for the 2.0 Sport: you get the Infiniti Mtouch system (albeit somewhat laggy when accessing the apps), dual screen over the centre console, nice fancy 360 degree bird's eye view camera, sunroof, premium sound system (forgot if it's BOSE but i think so) just to name a few. Dials are clearly lit and the steering wheel has a nice, sporty feel to it; same goes for the wonderful - to - hold gear shifter. Perhaps the only problem I saw in this car was that, paddle shifters were omitted, which is a shame for a car of this calibre.

So you sit in the driver's seat and you are ready to go, fast, i'd say. Seating position is optimal and seats have a good balance of being sporty and comfy. The Q50 accelerates as fast or if not faster than the claimed 0-100kmh in 7.2 seconds, the steering is engaging and provides excellent feel and feedback. The engine and exhaust note are sporty (Infiniti probably took it from Mercedes and worked some magic on it); throttle response is immediate and crisp; the responds wonderfully to your commands. Chuck the Q50 into corners and you will be rewarded. Brakes are decent too. The Sport model runs on factory-fitted 'Enkei' 18 inch, gun metal rims - they look great and they don't compromise much on passenger comfort. Had to opportunity to ride in the back seat and i'd say it's a nice, secure place to be in.

The only reminder of its Nissan roots are a label at the bottom of the B-pillar stating 'Nissan Motor Corp' and the Keyless 'Intelligent Key' which is the same as the regular Nissan models, safe for a change of badge to the Infiniti logo.

Pre-launch prices at that time for the Sport was $185.000. It certainly was attractive for the money you are getting when you compare cars in the similar category (hint the German suspects). It came at a time when Infiniti's neighbour at the other end, Jaguar, was pushing their XF at $199,999 (2.0 petrol turbo) and $189,999 (2.0 diesel). To be honest, brand's aside, the Q50 i'd say could still justify itself strongly against the XF (of course, XF and Q50 are different categories of car and should not be compared, but am strictly talking about price range here and value for money).

I was willing to give the Q50 a chance. My saleslady worked out an attractive deal with a nice overtrade for me. We were down to deciding my preferred colour but unfortunately they didn't have that colour in the ex-stock list. For something at this price, I would not settle for anything less than my preference; this was brought up to management who counter-offered me with the following:

- Need to indent my choice colour.

- Price increase of around 4-5k if so.

- No sports bumper for subsequent batches even if you buy 'Sports model'.

Took some time to rethink and finally decided not to sign on the dotted line then in view of the conditions laid; received a counter offer later from someone in management about offering back to the initial quoted price with preferred colour and sports bumper and was told that I am not being a professional customer if i didn't come and sign on the dotted line after that counter offer ..... oh well ... I don't know how you will respond to that but to me, it was totally uncalled for and helps the deal in no way. It was an unfortunate situation.

That aside, I'd still praise the Q50 for its merits. If you want something different and yet with inspired performance as their tagline goes, do head down and give the Q50 a try.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the Q50 Sport in Haagen Blue. Enjoy.

post-148885-0-65635500-1409021274.jpg

post-148885-0-15944300-1409021275.jpg

post-148885-0-77496200-1409021276_thumb.jpg

post-148885-0-91398800-1409021277_thumb.jpg

post-148885-0-24307600-1409021279_thumb.jpg

post-148885-0-59766700-1409021280_thumb.jpg

Edited by ahboy86
  • Praise 2