VW jin-buay-song owner

Eyke

Bro, u oredi mentioned I'm total rubbish, yet stil ask this qn? Wc statement did I lead u to think I'm workin for vw? Anyway, if ur vw gb up lorry, no need to fret as u b given replacement car, no need take annual leave. Dat wat happened to one of my co mgr. Of cos, if lesser issue like AC not working properly, probably no such benefit.

No more replacement car bro. At least rent a Jetta for $120 a day.

↡ Advertisement

Apparently their 1.4L engine whether it's the single TC or Twin charged or NA has this problem of timing chain that will slipped and cause the entire system to go out of sync and cause misfiring. Which can cause the engine internals to destroy itself.

This applies to all the VAG vehicles whether it's VW, Audi, Skoda or Seat.

You may do some reading here...

http://www.adamlewin.co.uk/vw-mk5-golf-tsi-engine-timing-chain-problem/

The main characteristic of a slip timing chain is the clattering sound(like a diesel engine) the engine produce at idling.

You may call it a design flaw of the timing system. I call it a catastrophic malfunction as it will destroy the entire engine. For those owning the car with the 1.4L in whatever output in which ever of the VAG vehicles, good luck.

The tdi engine is quite reliable. Not much issues and very good fc but mated to the 7spd dry GB is a total disaster as too high torque. Sold off my touran tdi too as the car died on me after a yr due to mu failure. I understand heartlander frustrations. With Coe dropping it is not too bad to change cars for more reliability. I even downgrade some more to a small hatchback to cut loss.

No more replacement car bro. At least rent a Jetta for $120 a day.

Wow,if the car in Workshop 8 days,means spend $960 on rental.?That is crazy. [furious] The S'pore got so much Angmo here,such high overhead & they need their customer to pay for rental cars for the factory own defects...? [thumbsdown]

thanks for the feedback everyone - was quite sure i would get a jetta but i think i should probably go with something else after reading all these comments :|

Neutral Newbie

Hi, thinking of scirocco. Are the after sales and the car quality still the same ? Just test drive the 1.4. Dam shiok leh. Wondering if the clutch problem solve already not?

Hi, thinking of scirocco. Are the after sales and the car quality still the same ? Just test drive the 1.4. Dam shiok leh. Wondering if the clutch problem solve already not?

per VW, solved liao, that is why they gave 3 yr warranty back on the GB.

Neutral Newbie

I din know VW had so much issues with after sales....Bgt a Toureg, albeit 2nd hand. And plenty of issues too. I'd thought better of the company; I mean, VW is big! Duno why they are not oriented like other conti brands.

I din know VW had so much issues with after sales....Bgt a Toureg, albeit 2nd hand. And plenty of issues too. I'd thought better of the company; I mean, VW is big! Duno why they are not oriented like other conti brands.

Very Worrisome lah

Best of luck ... you’d need it!

• Praise 1

It’s a love hate relationship

You oni love it 2days in its time you own it

Day you buy!

Day you sell!

Haaaaa

• Praise 2

I think must get higher end model for VW. 

What I heard is that usually VW come out with latest technology but many problems. But they are mass market car, so they can get lots of feedback and then fine tune.

Once more stable, it will give Audi. 

Then when the technology very mature liao will pass to Skoda.

But higher end model like Touareg Hybrid uses Audi engine and Porsche platform. Heard lesser problem.