The Military/SAF should lift the 50KM/H limit on Expressways

Ah_Zai

It is reasonable if 3-ton / 5-ton has speed limit of 50KM/H on expressways. But when you see GP cars or Jeeps crawling at 50KM/H at lane 3, especially near highway exits or entrances you will cringe when there is a long queue. :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

GP car is 80 mah if I remember right.

They should just keep tonners/rovers/any other 50-limit military vehicles off the expressways in peace time. 50km/h too disruptive on the expressways.

MT line drivers need to learn expressway routes in case of emergencies? Do familiarisation with GP cars lor.

Turbocharged

Most Tonner and Rover drivers are noobs who just passed. They are still new and the 50km/h rule is written with the blood of past causualties from SAF.

As whimy as it sounds, These boys are conscripts and the last thing Mindef want is to let the NS boy die due to preventable road accidents, not to mention angry and heartbroken parent demanding Mindef to pay for their son's deaths.

It has happened before and will continue to happen if we are complacent.

Cut them some slack...

• Praise 19

It is reasonable if 3-ton / 5-ton has speed limit of 50KM/H on expressways. But when you see GP cars or Jeeps crawling at 50KM/H at lane 3, especially near highway exits or entrances you will cringe when there is a long queue. :ph34r:

If your son is in a tonner that's being driven by a 19 year old driver.

I think u would want a 50kph speed limit.

GP car is 80 mah if I remember right.

They should just keep tonners/rovers/any other 50-limit military vehicles off the expressways in peace time. 50km/h too disruptive on the expressways.

MT line drivers need to learn expressway routes in case of emergencies? Do familiarisation with GP cars lor.

wah seh u got do NS before or not.

Troops don't need go SAF training area ar?

• Praise 8

Why disturb SAF vehicles .... :o

They all very orderly one and always keep to the extreme left lane..... [thumbsup]

If you want to turn left, go near to one of them and have your signal 'on', they sure will give way to you. Just that you don't cut directly into their path & cause them to e-brake cos if accident, the NS drivers will kana DB.

Not like some taxi or Ah Beng drivers, you signal and they come nearer to you and don't let you come in... :angry:

• Praise 14

safety is #1 ..

when go ICT, ur life also in the hands of the driver u know??

• Praise 1

Got leh, which training area can only be accessed via expressways only?

Can plan routes on surface roads mah.

Got leh, which training area can only be accessed via expressways only?

Can plan routes on surface roads mah.

Ok i see. Next time you moving out from Jurong Camp and got exercise in Tekong, u go take surface roads. Heh [smash]

Maybe can organise a cross island route march too at the same time?

safety is #1 ..

when go ICT, ur life also in the hands of the driver u know??

I is most safe reservist tonier driver [grin]

• Praise 2

Hello, lorries, buses and heavy vehicles all speed limit 50km/hr on HWY OK??? Some even lower - 40 km/hr!

What makes military trucks so special for higher speed limit?

you must remember our old rovers are really old skool. turns like a boat and brake like sponge.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Why disturb SAF vehicles .... :o

They all very orderly one and always keep to the extreme left lane..... [thumbsup]

If you want to turn left, go near to one of them and have your signal 'on', they sure will give way to you. Just that you don't cut directly into their path & cause them to e-brake cos if accident, the NS drivers will kana DB.

Not like some taxi or Ah Beng drivers, you signal and they come nearer to you and don't let you come in... :angry:

Lol, not that those SAF vehicles want to give way to you, it is because their speed limit really too slow to speed up to challenge you.

Although SAF vehicles very orderly on the road, but due to their 50km/h, many times create 'jam' on the road cause other drivers need to slow down or filter lane to avoid them. But for SAF vehicles like 3/5 ton, it is safer for them to limit the speed limit at 50km/h. As most drivers are those 19 and 20 year old who do not have experience driving such a big truck.

I was SAF driver.

I ever drifted a tonner at tuas incinerate plant.

Still love the fiat 3tonner, can disable the SWD unlike the newer ones.

If your son is in a tonner that's being driven by a 19 year old driver.

I think u would want a 50kph speed limit.

Nowadays everything is outsourced.

I ever went to the range during reservist in a private chartered bus. And it's airconditioned bus.

Hello, lorries, buses and heavy vehicles all speed limit 50km/hr on HWY OK??? Some even lower - 40 km/hr!

What makes military trucks so special for higher speed limit?

One's speed limit is enforced all the time.

The other only in the presence of TP or LTA then it's driven within the speed limits.

There is already a No Move during the morning and evening peak hours.

↡ Advertisement