Recommendation for solar film

Eric76

Ah unfortunately the directions in the box state to reapply after 80mins max 2 hours.

But thanks for the recommendation!

It is not difficult to find a cheap film that blocks UV effectively. Since you are not into heat rejection, i think most solar film workshops can offer something to you and i'm talking about things like up to 95 or even 99% UV rejection.

Just an example, the free solar film that Motor Image gives to their customers already 99% UV, but very low IR rejection.

• Praise 1

Share some of my finding on UV vs IR here.

UV has high frequency and short wavelength; IR has low frequency and long wavelength.

Someone once said that short wavelength easier to block than long wavelength but I can't seem to find concrete evidence to suggest that long wavelength has better penetration.

My own thinking is that UV rejection is easier as the film just need to block the UV ray. Whereas IR rejection actually has 2 parts; 1) block the IR ray 2) disperse the heat

When IR hits the glass, if a film is there to block the ray from entering into the car, the heat will be absorbed onto the film itself. So if the film doesn't disperse the heat away, then over time itself gets heated up and the heat will still travel into the car.

Please correct me if I made some misunderstanding above.

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a solar film.

My main aim is: UV RAY PROTECTION

I'm very vain and put sunblock every 2 hours on my face. I hate the UV rays from the sun.

Can you recommend some brands for me to check out?

I don't give 2 flying fishes about what heat rejection all that. Any car park too long under the sun will die and I understand that.

Hi bro,

Maybe u want to look at this and compare. Cheers.

post-169330-0-79410500-1508744496_thumb.png

Hi bro,

Thanks guys for all this helpful info.

I guess since all provide similar UV protection,

Then it boils down to installation quality. So who have you all liked. No bubbles no issues no pen knife scars.

Turbocharged

Share some of my finding on UV vs IR here.

UV has high frequency and short wavelength; IR has low frequency and long wavelength.

Someone once said that short wavelength easier to block than long wavelength but I can't seem to find concrete evidence to suggest that long wavelength has better penetration.

My own thinking is that UV rejection is easier as the film just need to block the UV ray. Whereas IR rejection actually has 2 parts; 1) block the IR ray 2) disperse the heat

When IR hits the glass, if a film is there to block the ray from entering into the car, the heat will be absorbed onto the film itself. So if the film doesn't disperse the heat away, then over time itself gets heated up and the heat will still travel into the car.

Please correct me if I made some misunderstanding above.

The best kind really is the type that actually reflects the IR, rather than absorbing it.

• Praise 1

I think no matter what, there will not be ANY difference in solar film. Singapore is so hot. It will still be hot when you were to park under the sun for an hour.

• Praise 1

Hi bro,

Hi all, I just gotten a new ride. Anyone can feedback on Absolute Tint Titanium and Platinum package ?

It is as good as claimed. 

Although I dont drive often, do u guys think it is really needed to be installed on a new ride? 

I need to decide asap cos after which i would install my in car camera.

Any opinion is appreciated.

Thanks 

Hi bro,

Hi all, I just gotten a new ride. Anyone can feedback on Absolute Tint Titanium and Platinum package ? Is it  as good as claimed? 

Although I dont drive often, do u guys think it is really needed to be installed on a new ride? 

Thanks 

Edited by SGCMSimpleman

Hi all, I just gotten a new ride. Anyone can feedback on Absolute Tint Titanium and Platinum package ? Is it  as good as claimed? 

Thanks 

HI bro, I will strongly recommend you to do solar film if you park your ride outdoor.

If you decided to install Titanium package, pls feedback as I'm also interested to know how does the flim grow darker under sunlight as it says in their spec.(Similar to our transition lens) 

HI bro, I will strongly recommend you to do solar film if you park your ride outdoor.

If you decided to install Titanium package, pls feedback as I'm also interested to know how does the flim grow darker under sunlight as it says in their spec.(Similar to our transition lens) 

Hi bro, just done up my solar film at Absolute Tint, I opted for the Titanium package. Right now got promo, so can save couple of tens...

According to the installer there, do not expect transitional lens type of solar film, though the film is so called photochromic, it is hard to tell this characteristics, if not LTA will not approve of its use already.

Nevertheless I was shown a demonstration whereby I can feel the reduce heat from the titanium solar film as compared to the platinum one though the difference in UV rejection is only 3%.

• Praise 1

Hi bro, just done up my solar film at Absolute Tint, I opted for the Titanium package. Right now got promo, so can save couple of tens...

According to the installer there, do not expect transitional lens type of solar film, though the film is so called photochromic, it is hard to tell this characteristics, if not LTA will not approve of its use already.

Nevertheless I was shown a demonstration whereby I can feel the reduce heat from the titanium solar film as compared to the platinum one though the difference in UV rejection is only 3%.

Well done!! Hope you can feedback again after a week or two on the result and workmanship.

I think no matter what, there will not be ANY difference in solar film. Singapore is so hot. It will still be hot when you were to park under the sun for an hour.

exactly...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1