Appeal for witness 9th June 2014, Upper Bukit Timah road

Laserjet

Neutral Newbie

Funny how people like to think beng chia always the one at fault haha.

Anyway purpose of this thread is to seek out the driver who drove past telling me he beat the red light. I didn't think of noting down the witness carplate number so I'm here to find him, if he happens to surf this forum as well.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

It seems like the Fielder's body quite strong.....just a few dents, but the Civic front part all bended in.

Anyway purpose of this thread is to seek out the driver who drove past telling me he beat the red light. I didn't think of noting down the witness carplate number so I'm here to find him, if he happens to surf this forum as well.

actually you have a partial number on the plate. see third pic. maybe the original version is clearer

Neutral Newbie

actually you have a partial number on the plate. see third pic. maybe the original version is clearer

That is the accident car. I have his particulars. It's the passer by who rolled down his window telling me the Toyota beat the red light that I have no particulars of.

Good luck with your search for the witness.

I understand your frustration and I agree that the Toyota beat the red light and you have the right of way.

Think about it ...... if you had been more alert and careful, the accident could have easily been avoided. Think about the accident with the Ma Chi and the Ferrari, the taxi was hit after so many seconds

You can take it that I am talking co_k ... but I alway maintain ... for any accident .... $$$$ wasted.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I understand your frustration and I agree that the Toyota beat the red light and you have the right of way.

Think about it ...... if you had been more alert and careful, the accident could have easily been avoided. Think about the accident with the Ma Chi and the Ferrari, the taxi was hit after so many seconds

You can take it that I am talking co_k ... but I alway maintain ... for any accident .... $$$$ wasted.

Point taken. Thanks for your advice

Supersonic
(edited)

That why I said high chance such junction accident, the verdict would be 50-50, cause if both parties had been more alert and careful, the accident could have been avoided. Esp in this case, both view of the road should be clear, and did not block by others vehicles.

Unless when the junction is blocked by some cars, and yet the driver still try his luck to make a right turn, then accident could not be avoided.

Edited by 13177

Hypersonic

Instead of spending thousands of $$ to zhng the car, suggest you install a car cam after the accident to protect yourself if the Toyota is truly the one that ran red light.

Any car cam is better than no cam. Now it's your words against his words.

• Praise 1

Even if the Toyota jumped the red light, it may not have activated the red light camera; if activated then strong case against him. There is a LTA CCTV at the junction, whether you can obtain the footage or not, I don't know. You can check the staff at Spruce whether they saw anything that may be of help.

Supersonic

Think the Toyota driver will surely say the traffic lights was at his favour, unless he is very sure that he had beat the red light and so he might not dare to tell lies in his accident claim report.

Hypersonic

Any shop to recommend for car cam?

A bro recommended a cheap one before. Do a search for G1W in eBay. Less than $100 and good video quality.

Car cam may not exonerate your liabilities fully even if the other guy beats the red light. The onus is still for traffic coming out from minor road to join major road to look out for traffic and proceed cautiously. That's according to the BOOK.

Twincharged

A bro recommended a cheap one before. Do a search for G1W in eBay. Less than $100 and good video quality.

Can try the SJ4000 also. Can use as car camera or sports. Just alittle bit more than $100 if get directly from china.

↡ Advertisement