Toyota Regains No. 1 in Singapore

yo2020

Turbocharged

Ya, I agree Toyota make dull car as compare to its Korean counterpart. Let look at VW, their design is not much better and yet has many DSG gear box issue. I nearly jump into Jetta and finally decided for a MIJ parallel import model which I have driven for more than 6 years now, have not replace any parts yet not even my brake pad when I am a fast driver. In my life time till today I have own 2 previous Toyota Corolla model and my last Toyota I owned for 6 years had a water pump change only. I am still waiting for JDM Toyota Allion or Premio model to release its latest model which usually has model renewal after 5 ~ 6 years period. Good reliability and good fuel consumption will make me to stick to Toyota again and that is why Toyota is world leading car manufacturer.

Although MIT toyotas may not be quality products in some buyers' eyes, overall Toyota is still one of the leading car makers of reliable cars.especially in major car markets where the competition is keen. Singapore is not a big market to many car makers.

Turbocharged

Ya, I agree Toyota make dull car as compare to its Korean counterpart. Let look at VW, their design is not much better and yet has many DSG gear box issue. I nearly jump into Jetta and finally decided for a MIJ parallel import model which I have driven for more than 6 years now, have not replace any parts yet not even my brake pad when I am a fast driver. In my life time till today I have own 2 previous Toyota Corolla model and my last Toyota I owned for 6 years had a water pump change only. I am still waiting for JDM Toyota Allion or Premio model to release its latest model which usually has model renewal after 5 ~ 6 years period. Good reliability and good fuel consumption will make me to stick to Toyota again and that is why Toyota is world leading car manufacturer.

Wow... Your brake pad can last 6yrs?... Amazing.... I'm a fast driver as well but I have to change my brake pad every 50K km.. Or maybe around 2yrs once... Hehehe

Cvt??.. .... Run!!!!!... Hehehe

Yah, I will also avoid buying any CVT tranny model.

If like Nissan or Subaru, nearly all models are CVT, then I go elsewhere.

My money, my preference, I decide right? :D

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Lol, have to mentioned this again, you never go wrong buying a toyota.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yah, I will also avoid buying any CVT tranny model.

If like Nissan or Subaru, nearly all models are CVT, then I go elsewhere.

My money, my preference, I decide right? :D

That's why some of my colleagues were shocked when I told them my Latio is 4at and not cvt when they have the impression that Latio only come in cvt gb.... Hehehe their remarks is always, why don't get the cvt one and my answer is always 'I was short of a few k'... Hehehe

Turbocharged

My guess is majority of VW buyer are not car savvy, they are into image and status but know nuts about car let alone read up car forum.... they will get burn within a short few years and sell it off asap... I'm seeing lesser and lesser VW on the road and carpark... All any VW buyer will they buy VW again and most likely they will say, well, I wanna try mazda cannot meh?... Hehehe

VW is selling their cars here themselves, not through any AD. This gives them advantage in pricing OMV, plus the perceived brandname here, sales took off after the takeover. The real test is in the puddings, unfortunately.

be careful when changing ATF. Some mechs are clueless.

That's why some of my colleagues were shocked when I told them my Latio is 4at and not cvt when they have the impression that Latio only come in cvt gb.... Hehehe their remarks is always, why don't get the cvt one and my answer is always 'I was short of a few k'... Hehehe

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Ummm.... Good pointers... Never thought they might screw me up that way .... Will make a casual remarks to Ws when changing gb oil just to be sure they are aware of it.. Thxs for the reminder... Hehehe

my next ride is probaby again a camry, the 3rd one [thumbsup]

Toyota wins mercs by 2 units! Looks like the altis never failed to help toyota sell like hot cakes! Altis plus the camry, no wonder toyota can become no 1 again!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

my next ride is probaby again a camry, the 3rd one [thumbsup]

Why don't you try a mz6.. It's damn gorgeous... If I'm buying a cat b car, mz6 is top on my list... Hehehe

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Why don't you try a mz6.. It's damn gorgeous... If I'm buying a cat b car, mz6 is top on my list... Hehehe

Saw the new mazda 6 on the road the other day, the design very chio.

Supercharged

Your quoting the Camry's strong sales in the USA in every other post is getting really tiring. Don't you have something worthwhile to contribute other than praising Toyota and whacking other brands nonstop?

And if reliability is all you care about, do you also use a Nokia 3310? It's definitely more reliable than any smartphone available today. It's just that not everyone likes to be stuck in the low tech past.

Seriously can ignore him lah.. he is an obvious troll.... look at the amount of crap he post...

• Praise 1

Supersonic

You mean ATF is different for 4AT and CVT?

mz6 too chio for old man like me [laugh]

Many already sold off their VWs and don't bother to go there now lah.

What for?

You can definitely say whatever you like. Many of the active members are still there and holding on to their vw cars. The fact is that the situation is not as bad as people make it out to be, but you can always continue to bash the brand if it make you feel good.

You can definitely say whatever you like. Many of the active members are still there and holding on to their vw cars. The fact is that the situation is not as bad as people make it out to be, but you can always continue to bash the brand if it make you feel good.

The VW brand already bad name and bashed up in MCF and vagsg.com :D

↡ Advertisement