Geng until sibei chut bee. I'm ashamed of him as singaporean

Little_prince

(edited)

Many years ago, most felt obliged to serve the 2.5 years. Fast forward to present, with all these negative external factors weighed in, some felt otherwise. I'm one of those, didn't even give a damn to the 9 august. Meant nothing to me, when someone says this small island belongs to everyone

We have to differentiate the difference of country and government.

Unless we are thinking of migrating to another one, we should have proper defence.

We should not give up on fighting on those negative external factors.

If we feel something not so right we should make it right.

If individual strengths cannot change anything, make those people around you see and understand your viewpoint and tell them the effort to make changes is cumulative, if everyone think nothing can be done, then really nothing can be done.

If everyone you know understand that every choice they make can make a difference to current situation, most probably they will make the same choice as you.

Nonetheless, the choices we are going to make should be beneficial to people in general and should not be used to enriched individual or cronies. [thumbsup]

As my previous units have already MR, my current unit most of the reservist men are 10-12 years younger than me.

When I go back reservist, now I try to mingle more with the rest sharing of my work life experience that may help them see some light.

Edited by Atonchia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

What we have is a defensive army and what is taught is defence against intruders,

but singapore got no natural resources, gas and is so small. what is the purpose for an invasion? high coe, property prices, marina bay sands?

No offense, just a view cause there have been much talk of defending, but what would the motivation for an offensive be? surely it cannot be sentosa? just a thought, please do not be offended.

The resistance from Asean nations would be so great to be worth the effort for such intangible gains, dont you all think?

What we have is a defensive army and what is taught is defence against intruders,

but singapore got no natural resources, gas and is so small. what is the purpose for an invasion? high coe, property prices, marina bay sands?

No offense, just a view cause there have been much talk of defending, but what would the motivation for an offensive be? surely it cannot be sentosa? just a thought, please do not be offended.

The resistance from Asean nations would be so great to be worth the effort for such intangible gains, dont you all think?

Some Wars are fought for Religion, Racial, ideology or political.

New citizen no NS one how ah? Trustworthy or not? [sly]

Haiz, I tio one MO, I had fracture during NS, went to see MO, MO say no problem, just excuse some activities for a few days.. So I pushed for X-Ray, in the end, the technician told me is fracture.. Went back to the same MO with the X-ray, MO act blur..

Some MOs also KNS one, not everyone want to chao keng..

Haha, just saw this..

I had the same experience as you

They should allow negligence suits against army MO

Sending for an x ray is really a basic screening

If didn't even send for basic screening but make decision and later chut dai jee

Who go and shoulder?

Time to make these MO more responsible and mindful of their future career

• Praise 2

We have to differentiate the difference of country and government.

Agreed! Support!!

And I <3 Singapore. Coz Singapore isn't just about who's in power or who's the richest, etc, but Singapore is where I grew up, and where my family and friends are..

It's like family like that, in family can fight, but no matter what, blood is still thicker than water..

I had the same experience as you

They should allow negligence suits against army MO

Sending for an x ray is really a basic screening

If didn't even send for basic screening but make decision and later chut dai jee

Who go and shoulder?

Time to make these MO more responsible and mindful of their future career

I don't know whether allow or not, I just wanted a cast fitted on my hand so I don't grow back the bone slanted.. I mean, serve is serve lah, but this is also peacetime, suspected fracture also cannot send for X-ray meh? Must like beg the MO lidat.. =X I even told the MO which exact bone was hurting, coz I had two fractures before, and one of them was on my opposite hand, exact same place.. Haha, I'm accident prone..

It is precisely because we don't have natural resources ...all the more we need a strong defence...to guard the peace, if we not strong and stable, who wants to invest in Singapore?

That's why I think the home team and saf are critical

(edited)

You mean you have no family here?

Iraqi invade Kuwait because Saddam was pissed by Kuwaitis Royalties who insisted he paid up loans which Saddam felt he was betrayal of trust.

Invasion sometimes do not need too much reasoning.

We can see what happened on our roads to see how a fellow human being can behave when given power and not able to control it.

Edited by Atonchia

Ok ok, just a thought so not offended, ......but ar, our rocks also got people want hor.

Our position very strategic ok, you so fast forgot about Pedra Branca huh?

• Praise 1

I'm bit old fashioned.

I've got friends who genged in NS. to Pes C. They are doing well in pte life and social life. They did funny things to get the Pes C status. But after that they just work normally as clerk. That one i can't say much.

The Pes F guy just don't want to serve. I see some of these pple in my work as well.

Just keng PSY problem. And create so much trouble for their superiors until it's less trouble to leave them alone and treat them invisible.

I've even had a guy who lied to me that he was working as a call center operator instead an NSF to get mc.

These guys can never be trusted. To be so decitful implies that they simply are borderline sociopaths or are sociopaths.

Turbocharged

Try imagine inviting the PM of Israel to pay us a visit without a strong SAF.

gao geng siam NS ppl usually are streetsmart. In work life, they are the type that lacks integrity. Sabotaging, sacrificing others for their personal gain.

He acting like a damn f#@king retard, merely to ' keng nsf ' and ' suan ' the whole nation of deprived nerd, he should be shot dead in the parade square, and not even the RSM will bat an eyelid.

Chow Koo Niang [thumbsdown]

chaokengking.jpg?itok=npFB0wU5

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I think some of you place too much emphasis and give too much credit to NS. NS these days does not turn a boy into a man. Perhaps it did in the 70s, 80s and early 90s.

Despite of the above,I absolutely abhor "kengsters" with or without NS.

Supercharged

You mean you have no family here?

Iraqi invade Kuwait because Saddam was pissed by Kuwaitis Royalties who insisted he paid up loans which Saddam felt he was betrayal of trust.

Invasion sometimes do not need too much reasoning.

We can see what happened on our roads to see how a fellow human being can behave when given power and not able to control it.

latest is that Putin who just walk into Ukraine........

10438957_10152474385601063_2366497819763

It is regrettable that a Singaporean blogger has boasted about how he managed to dishonestly and blatantly get himself discharged from National Service. His dishonesty undermines our system of managing servicemen who genuinely suffer from mental illness. This servicemen had taken the care and consideration given to him by the SAF for granted. The SAF is looking into this matter.

MINDEF and the SAF will continue to uphold the principles of universality, equity and critical need as we administer the National Service system. We will continue to ensure that servicemen with genuine psychological conditions are given the proper care and assistance.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

SAF looking into the matter

https://www.facebook.com/oursingaporearmy/photos/a.10151220571176063.512770.409430851062/10152474385601063/?type=1&theater

It is regrettable that a Singaporean blogger has boasted about how he managed to dishonestly and blatantly get himself discharged from National Service. His dishonesty undermines our system of managing servicemen who genuinely suffer from mental illness. This servicemen had taken the care and consideration given to him by the SAF for granted. The SAF is looking into this matter.

MINDEF and the SAF will continue to uphold the principles of universality, equity and critical need as we administer the National Service system. We will continue to ensure that servicemen with genuine psychological conditions are given the proper care and assistance.

↡ Advertisement