Property in Johor

nazerath

If they enforce consistently. Surely singaporean people will comply. Its just a matter of being clear and consistent with application of their policies or law.

Agreed if they reject you if u don't have the proper paperwork, then u need to get it.

I dunno if they need a special permit or pass. If it's made clear to those living there. Why wouldn't they comply?

If the prev officers never check in the first place, then obviously thousands of people won't bother to comply.

People are lazy by nature. U can tell 100 people 10x need to have this pass and start first Jan. But u still get people who bo chap or just plain forgot.

It will be good for Singapore government to make all Malaysians working in Singapore to stay in Singapore.

Landlords, transport providers, retailers etc will have a booming business and the 1st and 2nd links will be very clear.

The government will earn from the additional taxes and hence, lower taxes for Singapore citizens.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

must think 10x simi sai stay in jb work in sg

honestly, i dont think msia is wrong

The custom officer could be fed up to serve so many Singaporeans crossing the 1st or 2nd link.

Singaporeans should stay in Singapore to contribute to nation building (taxes).

• Praise 1

It will be good for Singapore government to make all Malaysians working in Singapore to stay in Singapore.

Landlords, transport providers, retailers etc will have a booming business and the 1st and 2nd links will be very clear.

The government will earn from the additional taxes and hence, lower taxes for Singapore citizens.

Employment costs will go up for many SME. probably will see many illegal subletting within hdb also.

Many of them have their own families in jb mah.

Or else they won't work here for decades.

Edited by Lala81

Employment costs will go up for many SME. probably will see many illegal subletting within hdb also.

Many of them have their own families in jb mah.

Or else they won't work here for decades.

yes. we dont want to be like hk

ah gong knew exactly the current arrangement works fine

johor kia live in johor and travel to spore to work

else we will not have ZERO VEP after 5pm and no charges on weekend

we want them to come to work and then go back to johor at night ... [sly]

come in to spend after 5pm and weekend after that go back

we even encourage old folks better check in homes in jb

better dont strain the resources in spore

Edited by Wt_know

Supply already very stretched.

If add this pool into the demand, the delicate balance will be disrupted once again. Rental and price index will shoot through the roof.

• Praise 1

It is like that.when both side benefit,  nobody complain only jealous. Then jealous, you give trouble lor. Once a while affected income , shake hands and try to patch up again. Love /hate relationship lor.

imagine your next door neighbour

[视频]網路瘋傳!一名男子拍視頻恐嚇非馬來人!網民:出來面對!

stating his Rights and warning the rest of the chinese/indians  :slow:

https://www.qiqu.live/node/152909?fbclid=IwAR2Q86bmlDdxC9ek248KjMH3YLIKy1x6k_fAG9kwjalGhM-3OuW0cML7Hx0#2123

Edited by Staff69

What is stopping these work permit holders/ PR residing in JB from renting /buying a place and staying in SG?

Besides family link, cost is probably a big factor. More staying here, border crossing will be worse on Fridays and weekends. All balik kampong.

Our govt don't really want factory workers earning $1-2k a month to stay in SG, the limited rooms we have here are reserved for those earning >6k (can bring spouse) and >12k (can import parents too). We even want to send our poor aged and sick to JB nursing homes. Lol

Edited by Voodooman

now renting out 1 room already can smelly smelly make $600 in hdb

imagine with the spike in demands .... 1 room can make $800-$1000

more sinkies will hold on to hdb and cheong private (which is already happening but dampen by ABSD)

if the monthly rental yield is good ... ABSD cost is simply transferred to tenant

spore property price will shoot through the galaxy to mars

sekali more and more hdb got 8-10 rooms in the unit [sly]

with 6 legal tenants + ghosts [laugh]

What is stopping these work permit holders/ PR residing in JB from renting /buying a place and staying in SG?

Besides family link, cost is probably a big factor. More staying here, border crossing will be worse on Fridays and weekends. All balik kampong.

Our govt don't really want factory workers earning $1-2k a month to stay in SG, the limited rooms we have here are reserved for those earning >6k (can bring spouse) and >12k (can import parents too). We even want to send our poor aged and sick to JB nursing homes. Lol

Edited by Wt_know

My condo senior security guard travels in daily from JB on his bike. JB is where his family lives. The $2.5k he makes here, when converted to MYR is $7.5k in Malaysia. This more than what a manager earns in a big Malaysia city. If he is forced to stay in SG and pay for a room, food and petrol, this will result in take home pay reduction of SGD1k. No longer attractive to work here and we will be short of guards, technicians, free-lance tilers and skilled construction workers.

Work here, spend in MY is best of both worlds even after factor in traffic at Causeway. My guard goes home and drives his luxury car around JB after work . [laugh]     

• Praise 1

My condo senior security guard travels in daily from JB on his bike. JB is where his family lives. The $2.5k he makes here, when converted to MYR is $7.5k in Malaysia. This more than what a manager earns in a big Malaysia city. If he is forced to stay in SG and pay for a room, food and petrol, this will result in take home pay reduction of SGD1k. No longer attractive to work here and we will be short of guards, technicians, free-lance tilers and skilled construction workers.

Work here, spend in MY is best of both worlds even after factor in traffic at Causeway. My guard goes home and drives his luxury car around JB after work . [laugh]     

He might be staying in landed there also.  [laugh]

who don't stay in landed in msia? [laugh]

msian can buy any landed RM$500K-RM$600K+- 

only sinkies kena jacked up to RM$1M and above

He might be staying in landed there also.  [laugh]

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/09/20/johor-govt-mulls-lowering-rm1mil-threshold-for-property-acquisition-by-foreigners

JOHOR BARU: The Johor government is looking at lowering the current RM1mil threshold for foreigners to buy property as an incentive to sell off 51,000 unsold properties in the state.

State Housing, Communication and Multimedia Committee chairman Dzulkefly Ahmad (pic) said that properties priced at RM600,000 and above make up between 60% and 70% of unsold properties here.

"Among the incentives that we are looking at is to review the RM1mil threshold of property prices for foreigners to buy property in Johor.

"The matter will be reviewed by the state Land and Mines Office as the matter comes under their jurisdiction," he said when met at a property fair held at a shopping mall here on Friday (Sept 20).

The Kota Iskandar assemblyman however assured that the lowering of the minimum threshold would not increase property prices for locals.

The measure was introduced by the previous administration to stabilise domestic prices from excessive speculation to enable local interests to acquire quality properties valued less than RM1mil per unit, especially residential units.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

wah suka suka can u-turn

those pay $1M for a $600k home ... how?

suddenly lose $400K? lol

Actually many already bought below 1 mil, ie 600k. Just make sure to pay the tax for 1 mil. 30k RM I believe.

• Praise 1

On 9/21/2019 at 9:49 AM, Showster said:

Actually many already bought below 1 mil, ie 600k. Just make sure to pay the tax for 1 mil. 30k RM I believe.

My friend bought Horizon Hill landed for 1.2m ringgit.  Wonder will she feel heartache after prices drop.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Dleodleo said:

My friend bought Horizon Hill landed for 1.2m ringgit.  Wonder will she feel heartache after prices drop.

the $1.2M was selling at $600K-$800k when 1st launch?

the profit was taken by 1st owner liao ... many hold the baby now and need to service the 20 years loan ... [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1