Property in Johor

nazerath

12 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

If I were you going to retire there..... 

I will get a 4x4 truck instead

Able to get out of any situation. 

Ford Ranger Raptor

RM215k. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Ford Ranger Raptor

RM215k. 

i no attention seeker … toyota Hilux … lol

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i no attention seeker … toyota Hilux … lol

Unless you want carry goods. Anytime can wack 1 ton cargo.

Hilux 2.8L: 500nm
Ranger Wildtrak 2L: 500nm torque

Triton 2.4L: 430nm torque. This is my fav. It is the only 4wd drive with open diff

Supersonic
22 hours ago, Atonchia said:

After covid ah..... 

The property likely be coated with layers of dust, full of cobwebs, pest and creeper plants....... 

Buying property in overseas if kenna something like covid which affect the whole world, and people cannot travel. Really wonder what happen to their property in overseas now, since no one maintain?

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Buying property in overseas if kenna something like covid which affect the whole world, and people cannot travel. Really wonder what happen to their property in overseas now, since no one maintain?

Worst case scenario...... 

Hire a cleaning company locally, send duplicate key/s to a reliable property agency to manage the cleaning. 

If they can rent out, give the agency double the usual rates. 

😅😅

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Worst case scenario...... 

Hire a cleaning company locally, send duplicate key/s to a reliable property agency to manage the cleaning. 

If they can rent out, give the agency double the usual rates. 

😅😅

Why waste more good money after bad?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

@13177 Looking at vaccination rates in Singapore and Malaysia, Singapore should be about 90% vaccinated by end of 2021 while Malaysia by mid-2022.  Hence, travel could open up by the end of 2022.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, Wt_know said:

after covid ... we all know what can happen and how your perceived million dollar property in JB can be worthless ...

it's not going to be the same again ... :secret-laugh:

well, what do you expect them will say? huat ah! ... caveat ... agent say must see longgggggggg term wor .....

2021-05-04_094916.jpg

Song song gao jurong.

chor chor gao johore.

Huat ah, huat ah

Twincharged
On 6/8/2021 at 10:35 PM, Atonchia said:

If I were you going to retire there..... 

I will get a 4x4 truck instead

Able to get out of any situation. 

I remember in my earlier days, we drove up to Pahang. Along the way, a chicken literally crossed the road without using the zebra crossing.

Ran over the chicken and came out of the car to take a look and it appeared like chicken mcnuggets. 

Soon the entire village came out and surrounded our vehicle and demanded compensation. Let say the mcnuggets cost more than the entire back then. Either pay up or the reverse engineer your vehicle.

I am guessing it is like Singapore and everywhere else. As long as you are not local, you will always be treated differently and as a visitor it is us who need to accommodate and not the locals.

Investing property like any investment is a risk even in Singapore. What is cheap can still be cheaper?

Supercharged

How Johor’s residential property market has been hit hard by COVID-19

When Singapore business owner Jonathan Gan purchased a 4-room condominium at Lovell Country Garden in 2018, he thought he had clinched his dream retirement home. The freehold apartment located near Johor Bahru’s city centre was twice the size of his 3-room HDB flat in Singapore, but the cost was only half of the latter when he bought it directly from the developers.

“The best thing about the unit is the amazing view. You never get anything close to it at such value in Singapore,” added the 42-year-old, who lives with his wife and two daughters.

The apartment, like most units in the Lovell development, overlooks the Straits of Johor. The balcony opens up to a picturesque sea view and there is a sandy beach below. 

“It was the ideal weekend home,” said Gan. “But now it’s becoming a bugbear.”

Just three years after he purchased it, Gan who bought the unit at around RM1 million (US$242,000) is having a hard time trying to sell it, even though the asking price is a fraction of what he paid for it. Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit last year, border closures between Singapore and Malaysia meant that he and his family could not visit his weekend home. Furthermore, Gan’s business in Singapore has been affected by the pandemic, and he now needs to sell the apartment to gain some liquidity.

“All this was never part of the plan. But the house is just left there, collecting dust and its value is going down by the day. We felt it is better to cut our losses and try to get rid of it,” he told CNA.

country-garden.jpg

Many units in the Country Garden Danga Bay development have been empty since the pandemic hit in 2020. (Photo: Amir Yusof) 

view-from-lovell-country-garden.jpg

The view of the Johor Straits taken from a unit in Lovell Country Garden. (Photo: Amir Yusof) 

lovell-4-room-prices.png

Chart showcasing the price per square feet for four-rooms condominium homes at Lovell Country Garden over the last five years. Prices are in Malaysian Ringgit. (Source: Propertyguru Malaysia)

Despite being on the market for over a year, there have been no takers. He has engaged agents and even advertised the unit on various property portals but to no avail.

“There is not much hope. Barely anyone has viewed or signalled interest,” he said.

Gan is among property owners in Johor Bahru who are having issues trying to sell their properties, as the market is in the doldrums due to the prolonged effects of COVID-19.

Condominium developments around Johor Bahru were built with foreign buyers in mind, but the pandemic has closed borders, leaving many of them empty. Units owned by those from China, Singapore, Hong Kong have been left unoccupied while homes that were left unsold have stayed empty. Landed property is also facing potential depreciation.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid19-johor-selling-condo-property-market-malaysia-14964430

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I have always wanted to get a double-storey landed property in Malaysia, maybe in Johor area so that I can still come back to Singapore for medical treatment once in  a while.

But recent trips to Sutera area change my mind a little.  Saw big dead rat and badly-littered streets unattended for days near the small hotel vicinity.

If there are dead cats, rats outside my house and if a python gets into my toilet, is there a Town Council I could call to complain and have the matters settled, or do I have to DIY?

Maybe a high-rise condominium might be a better option than landed property.

Given the pandemic closed border experience and inconsistency purchase policies, may be renting our HDB flat out and renting a place there would be a better retirement option.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

I remember in my earlier days, we drove up to Pahang. Along the way, a chicken literally crossed the road without using the zebra crossing.

Ran over the chicken and came out of the car to take a look and it appeared like chicken mcnuggets. 

Soon the entire village came out and surrounded our vehicle and demanded compensation. Let say the mcnuggets cost more than the entire back then. Either pay up or the reverse engineer your vehicle.

I am guessing it is like Singapore and everywhere else. As long as you are not local, you will always be treated differently and as a visitor it is us who need to accommodate and not the locals.

Investing property like any investment is a risk even in Singapore. What is cheap can still be cheaper?

So not to stop at ulu places when hit a chicken? 

I actually hit a chicken more than 10 years ago.... 

Along ECP towards AYE near Mandarin Garden, it suddenly ran out of central divider.... 

I was at Lane 1......no time to react.... Went right in the middle of the car.... Only saw some feathers went up the air from the rear view mirror... 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Didu said:

When Singapore business owner Jonathan Gan purchased a 4-room condominium at Lovell Country Garden in 2018, he thought he had clinched his dream retirement home. The freehold apartment located near Johor Bahru’s city centre was twice the size of his 3-room HDB flat in Singapore, but the cost was only half of the latter when he bought it directly from the developers.

“The best thing about the unit is the amazing view. You never get anything close to it at such value in Singapore,” added the 42-year-old, who lives with his wife and two daughters.

The apartment, like most units in the Lovell development, overlooks the Straits of Johor. The balcony opens up to a picturesque sea view and there is a sandy beach below. 

Just three years after he purchased it, Gan who bought the unit at around RM1 million (US$242,000) is having a hard time trying to sell it, even though the asking price is a fraction of what he paid for it. Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit last year, border closures between Singapore and Malaysia meant that he and his family could not visit his weekend home. Furthermore, Gan’s business in Singapore has been affected by the pandemic, and he now needs to sell the apartment to gain some liquidity.

“All this was never part of the plan. But the house is just left there, collecting dust and its value is going down by the day. We felt it is better to cut our losses and try to get rid of it,” he told CNA.

country-garden.jpg

Many units in the Country Garden Danga Bay development have been empty since the pandemic hit in 2020. (Photo: Amir Yusof) 

The view of the Johor Straits taken from a unit in Lovell Country Garden. (Photo: Amir Yusof) 

lovell-4-room-prices.png

Chart showcasing the price per square feet for four-rooms condominium homes at Lovell Country Garden over the last five years. Prices are in Malaysian Ringgit. (Source: Propertyguru Malaysia)

Despite being on the market for over a year, there have been no takers. He has engaged agents and even advertised the unit on various property portals but to no avail.

“There is not much hope. Barely anyone has viewed or signalled interest,” he said.

Gan is among property owners in Johor Bahru who are having issues trying to sell their properties, as the market is in the doldrums due to the prolonged effects of COVID-19.

Condominium developments around Johor Bahru were built with foreign buyers in mind, but the pandemic has closed borders, leaving many of them empty. Units owned by those from China, Singapore, Hong Kong have been left unoccupied while homes that were left unsold have stayed empty. Landed property is also facing potential depreciation.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid19-johor-selling-condo-property-market-malaysia-14964430

song song gao jurong, he dont want

he prefer chor chor gao johor

Blame who?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

I have always wanted to get a double-storey landed property in Malaysia, maybe in Johor area so that I can still come back to Singapore for medical treatment once in  a while.

But recent trips to Sutera area change my mind a little.  Saw big dead rat and badly-littered streets unattended for days near the small hotel vicinity.

If there are dead cats, rats outside my house and if a python gets into my toilet, is there a Town Council I could call to complain and have the matters settled, or do I have to DIY?

Maybe a high-rise condominium might be a better option than landed property.

Given the pandemic closed border experience and inconsistency purchase policies, may be renting our HDB flat out and renting a place there would be a better retirement option.

Good luck good luck, lotsa lotsa luck…..

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Atonchia said:

So not to stop at ulu places when hit a chicken? 

I actually hit a chicken more than 10 years ago.... 

Along ECP towards AYE near Mandarin Garden, it suddenly ran out of central divider.... 

I was at Lane 1......no time to react.... Went right in the middle of the car.... Only saw some feathers went up the air from the rear view mirror... 

Another chicken killer spotted.

Welcome to the club.

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
5 hours ago, Didu said:

country-garden.jpg

lovell-4-room-prices.png

Should formo cna leh.

Look at propertuguru. 3 or 4 bedder in this lovell simi simi asking cheapest 619k rm. Then rest jump to 950k rm. 

Where got a fraction of 1m rm wor.

A fraction is 250k rm rite.

6 hours ago, Spurman said:

Should formo cna leh.

Look at propertuguru. 3 or 4 bedder in this lovell simi simi asking cheapest 619k rm. Then rest jump to 950k rm. 

You buy lor . RM619k 

muayhahahahaha

7 hours ago, Spurman said:

Should formo cna leh.

RM250k for a 3BR with a view, Can consider but foreigners can buy? Minimum RM1m, right? 

Prefer to buy KL but it is not a fraction of pre Covid price leh. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1