Property in Johor

nazerath

(edited)

Property market in Singapore is too controlled by the government. This is mainly to limit large swings, which had happen over the last few decades. Today the population of smarter and well informed. Opportunities are slim. Unless one willing to accept yields that are less than 3.5%. Therefore making big in Singapore is going to tough moving forward.

My current Northern Sydney property is making around 6 - 6.8%, after tax and management fees. This was attributed by lower bank rates ,depreciated dollar and not as congested as Southern Sydney. Where most properties were developed around the city area. 

Edited by HP_Lee
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Property market in Singapore is too controlled by the government. This is mainly to limit large swings, which had happen over the last few decades. Today the population of smarter and well informed. Opportunities are slim. Unless one willing to accept yields that are less than 3.5%. Therefore making big in Singapore is going to tough moving forward.

My current Northern Sydney property is making around 6 - 6.8%, after tax and management fees. This was attributed by lower bank rates ,depreciated dollar and not as congested as Southern Sydney. Where most properties were developed around the city area. 

By the same token Aud Bonds are paying about 3.5 -4.5%  yield currently (decent good ones with good ratings)  if one does not want the hassle of flying down, doing documentation, govt tax stuff, property upkeep/maintainence....etc....... and the problems encountered whilst trying to off load the property; though Aussie properties have appreciated somewhat in the last 3-4 years quite a lot due to everything to do with the Chinese influx andothers moving in too;

But maybe go back about 5-6 years back when the Aud currency was like once nearly over 20% stronger than SGD, now its like almost on par by 3-4% only  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

when you have deep pockets, investing in JB for long projection is possible. The questions are how long and with the same investment, you may get faster and better yield elsewhere. Good luck and you really need to open eyes big big before you plunge in.

even got big chinese poster!

post-1109-0-39697000-1494484770.png

Drone footage reveals what Malaysia’s new $100 billion ‘dream paradise’ city looks like
Business Insider  May 10, 2017
Leanna Garfield

A drone video of Forest City in Malaysia, uploaded on April 22, 2017.

On four man-made Malaysian islands, Chinese developer Country Garden is building a huge new city. In one of the ads, the company bills it as “a dream paradise for all mankind.”

Called Forest City, the $100 billion metropolis will be able to accommodate 700,000 people. That’s about 20,000 more than the current population of Washington, DC — and it will have a density greater than Manhattan.

A new video taken by a drone offers a look at Forest City’s construction, which began in early 2016:

As you can see, a few apartment buildings and park spaces have already sprouted up, and some other towers are in progress. When Forest City is complete by 2040, it will have office buildings, parks, a transit network, hotels, restaurants, shops, schools, and 250,000 housing units. 

While the mega-development sounds promising, several experts worry it could become a ghost city, failing to attract the residents it needs to become a thriving metropolis. Since the 1970s, Chinese developers have built some-500 ghost cities in China. Forest City is expected to be the largest overseas project by a Chinese developer.

In April, nearly 60 home buyers, 70% of which are Chinese, cancelled their leases in Forest City, reportedly due to China’s increasing efforts to curb money from leaving the country. 

As Business Insider previously reported, the supply of Forest City housing is outpacing demand. In 2016, Country Garden sold just 15,000 of the 250,000 Forest City residential units, totaling about $2.6 billion in sales, according to Yu Runze, the company’s chief strategy officer.

There aren’t many people walking around in the above video, but then again, Forest City is largely still under construction.

Hypersonic

Man made islands when Msia has so much land?

What if they save on construction and the islands

sink? I wouldn't put my money there. Its like putting

money in a hole in the sea if its sinks.

:D

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I don't mean to be disrespectful to Msia

but I wish we border with Thailand.

Then weekend can just drive into Thailand

and go makan, get a massage and buy

groceries and pay in baht.

• Praise 2

(edited)

AT developers simply exporting the ghost to bolehland ... [sly][laugh]

As you can see, a few apartment buildings and park spaces have already sprouted up, and some other towers are in progress. When Forest City is complete by 2040, it will have office buildings, parks, a transit network, hotels, restaurants, shops, schools, and 250,000 housing units. 

While the mega-development sounds promising, several experts worry it could become a ghost city, failing to attract the residents it needs to become a thriving metropolis. Since the 1970s, Chinese developers have built some-500 ghost cities in China. Forest City is expected to be the largest overseas project by a Chinese developer.
Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

I don't mean to be disrespectful to Msia

but I wish we border with Thailand.

Then weekend can just drive into Thailand

and go makan, get a massage and buy

groceries and pay in baht.

you do know southern Thailand always bomb here and bomb there right?... [:p]

(edited)

can build a bridge to Batam?

but the roads the batam quite cui

each trip need to change suspension liao ... lol

actually driving to msia is the best la

nshw can clear carbon and only time your car can roar > 6000 rpm [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know

Hypersonic

you do know southern Thailand always bomb here and bomb there right?... [:p]

Haha I am willing to take the risk.

• Praise 1

Muayhahahahah

Remember Sunshine Empire?

Anyone who got in early enough and got out early enough also made money.

Turbocharged

Muayhahahahah

Remember Sunshine Empire?

Anyone who got in early enough and got out early enough also made money.

Man made islands when Msia has so much land?

What if they save on construction and the islands

sink? I wouldn't put my money there. Its like putting

money in a hole in the sea if its sinks.

Get higher floor lor
  • Praise 3

(edited)

not entirely true

KL, outer KL and Penang the capital appreciation is very good

there is only one 1 way for these 3 locations ... Up Up and Up

Not true. KL condo market is weak now. Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 4

One do not need to fly over often. All one needs, is trusted middle mam to do that. Since the last purchase, I have only fly twice. Almost all transactions via internet. Is how savvy one managing. That is one main reason, why many still prefer local properties. To correct your 2-4years ago, actually that is the bust period in Australia. I will never buy, it is during the boom period.    

In Singapore , it is hardly one make 3.5% after all deductibles including loans, if one keep a close watch on operating expense related to the property. Many may not be even aware they are either breakeven or lost. Of cause , during the boom, one just need to anyhow a dart. Sure hit.  

Your remarks : But maybe go back about 5-6 years back when the Aud currency was like once nearly over 20% stronger than SGD, now its like almost on par by 3-4% only

My opinion : That is the beauty of current at work. You don't repatriate when it is not in favor. You send cash in when AUD falls. You repatriate, when AUD appreciates. Therefore, potentially is more the 6%. See that?

By the same token Aud Bonds are paying about 3.5 -4.5%  yield currently (decent good ones with good ratings)  if one does not want the hassle of flying down, doing documentation, govt tax stuff, property upkeep/maintainence....etc....... and the problems encountered whilst trying to off load the property; though Aussie properties have appreciated somewhat in the last 3-4 years quite a lot due to everything to do with the Chinese influx andothers moving in too;

But maybe go back about 5-6 years back when the Aud currency was like once nearly over 20% stronger than SGD, now its like almost on par by 3-4% only  

KL condo market weakest is depending the period of purchase. Many have when in like herds of sheep, the last few years. Now of course suffer. Worst off, to those who used cash to purchase, today is in sorry stated.  :TT_TT: 

Not true. KL condo market is weak now.

One do not need to fly over often. All one needs, is trusted middle mam to do that. Since the last purchase, I have only fly twice. Almost all transactions via internet. Is how savvy one managing. That is one main reason, why many still prefer local properties. To correct your 2-4years ago, actually that is the bust period in Australia. I will never buy, it is during the boom period.    

In Singapore , it is hardly one make 3.5% after all deductibles including loans, if one keep a close watch on operating expense related to the property. Many may not be even aware they are either breakeven or lost. Of cause , during the boom, one just need to anyhow a dart. Sure hit.  

Your remarks : But maybe go back about 5-6 years back when the Aud currency was like once nearly over 20% stronger than SGD, now its like almost on par by 3-4% only

My opinion : That is the beauty of current at work. You don't repatriate when it is not in favor. You send cash in when AUD falls. You repatriate, when AUD appreciates. Therefore, potentially is more the 6%. See that?

anyone who made money of overseas properties is pure luck on FX rate. 

anyone who can accurately predict the rate in excess of a year .. is either God himself... or...   sry.. no other superlatives 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6