Property in Johor

nazerath

(edited)

supply is abundant .... johor sultan keep selling land like a big ATM machine

eventually there would be 100,000 200,000 500,000 even 1,000,000 homes

danga bay 1 project alone already 9,000 units .... not 900

how to consume all?

People already made monies and got out.

There is no control on supply, so we are likely to see grief unless Iskandar really attracts a lot of REAL investment (ie. industrial, manufacturing, services and not just property speculation).

Own stay, maybe but I would wait.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Imo, just stay in hotel or resort over the weekend. Desaru is like 50 a night nia..

Got facilities and no need headache over maintenance and thieves carrying away your aircon or 60 inch tv during your absence.

Next time I wanna retire there, just rent out Sg Hdb and use the money to rent any house in jb.. probably with spare change, and again, no need headache maintenance and thieves.. no happy, just change another place to rent.

And ya.. no need to tie up a couple hundred k in the JB property, which is risky in foreign currency, bank rates and their roti prata policies.

Edited by Solar
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

People already made monies and got out.

There is no control on supply, so we are likely to see grief unless Iskandar really attracts a lot of REAL investment (ie. industrial, manufacturing, services and not just property speculation).

Own stay, maybe but I would wait.

Nearly bought 2 yrs back.. then saw the Iskandar development plan and map..many area still empty.

At the price of that terrace or bungalow, already priced out of reach from many locals..which means they are only able to target foreigners.

The education, medical and financial hub is still in it's infancy.. we don't even know the determination from boleh gov to see it through and make it a success.

If they will, it may take the next 10 years or more, and again with the large land mass, price may not be able to appreciate much.

And if they don't... good luck..

Speculative hit and run, maybe possible, but I was not willing to take the risk then.

• Praise 3

(edited)

yeah ... there are plenty of condo in iskandar and jb for rent

with swimming pool, gym, shopping, etc

rent is cheaper than buy and even if you have rm$500k it is better to put in FD and use the interest to rent condo

Imo, just stay in hotel or resort over the weekend. Desaru is like 50 a night nia..

Got facilities and no need headache over maintenance and thieves carrying away your aircon or 60 inch tv during your absence.

Next time I wanna retire there, just rent out Sg Hdb and use the money to rent any house in jb.. probably with spare change, and again, no need headache maintenance and thieves.. no happy, just change another place to rent.

And ya.. no need to tie up a couple hundred k in the JB property, which is risky in foreign currency, bank rates and their roti prata policies.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

supply is abundant .... johor sultan keep selling land like a big ATM machine

eventually there would be 100,000 200,000 500,000 even 1,000,000 homes

danga bay 1 project alone already 9,000 units .... not 900

how to consume all?

The sold so much land to Chinese developers and they are going to sell to PRC who care more about parking money outside China than yield and part of Iskandar may end up as ghost towns. Half the development is unoccupied. Must go in with eyes opened but if more Singaporeans and Singapore based FTs moves there, maybe can get out alive but likely supply will outstrip demand by several folds at the rate they are selling land. Singapore is still a better place for property investment, being an island state.

Nearly bought 2 yrs back.. then saw the Iskandar development plan and map..many area still empty.

At the price of that terrace or bungalow, already priced out of reach from many locals..which means they are only able to target foreigners.

The education, medical and financial hub is still in it's infancy.. we don't even know the determination from boleh gov to see it through and make it a success.

If they will, it may take the next 10 years or more, and again with the large land mass, price may not be able to appreciate much.

And if they don't... good luck..

Speculative hit and run, maybe possible, but I was not willing to take the risk then.

2 years ago, maybe can make money but really no much fundamental, even today. Like you said, hit and run. It is a musical chair.

• Praise 2

(edited)

2 years ago? more like > 5+ years ago

still can buy landed property @ $500k and sell $1-$1.5M

2 years ago ... the chapalang landed at iskandar already priced at $800k+ which was priced at $500k when it was first launched

now $800k+ chapalang terrace house already re-priced to $1M to meet the requirement

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

At that time I checked around, it was already quite high.

New terrace was going at 700k and cluster at 900k.

Boleh gov just implemented minimum 500k foreign purchase.

When i released my contacts out, i got a number of offers from preowned.. some offering up to 15% off their original asking price.

Nobody knew when the musical chair is going to stop, we just got cautious and walked away.

Like the situation now.. boleh gov again raised the minimum to 1 mil. Who knows.. risk takers might see the price surge further? But who'll be the last one holding on to the ball?

The sold so much land to Chinese developers and they are going to sell to PRC who care more about parking money outside China than yield and part of Iskandar may end up as ghost towns. Half the development is unoccupied. Must go in with eyes opened but if more Singaporeans and Singapore based FTs moves there, maybe can get out alive but likely supply will outstrip demand by several folds at the rate they are selling land. Singapore is still a better place for property investment, being an island state.

2 years ago, maybe can make money but really no much fundamental, even today. Like you said, hit and run. It is a musical chair.

It's like a hindsight looking at it now after 2 years..that prices still go up further... but at that time, as layman, i didn't want to risk it loh..

(edited)

here is the affordability test

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/afford-home-simple-affordability-test-101534387.html

140616-Figure-1.png

If you have problems even paying for 30 percent of the property, you can’t really afford it.

If the value of your target property far exceeds five times of your annual income, you are either buying an overpriced property or buying a property out of your reach financially.

are looking at east ledang ... [sly]

post-7984-0-00707600-1402921155_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

I know someone bought a unit at country garden last year, he told me, good buy, nice unit.. 1.1mil only.. Can see sunset... Hehehe..

(edited)

country garden @ danga bay ok la

unlike this one JB Waterfront City ...

I know someone bought a unit at country garden last year, he told me, good buy, nice unit.. 1.1mil only.. Can see sunset... Hehehe..

post-7984-0-70898700-1402924952_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

here is the affordability test

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/afford-home-simple-affordability-test-101534387.html

140616-Figure-1.png

are looking at east ledang ... [sly]

Your model is only work well when ppl earning sgd and buy sg properties.

And if you factor in the currency rate, 2.5...

wow!! You can buy at least Rm 1.2m property in Esther's case..

This is the false illusion that most singaporean is having now... [wave]

easy to go in ... not easy to come out ...

buying a house in malaysia is easy but selling it now is not easy as too many new projects.

Turbocharged

erm... see sunset = kenna西照?

sibeh hot one.. [cool]

Turbocharged

erm... see sunset = kenna西照?

sibeh hot one.. [cool]

Some people prefer romantic mah... Hehehe

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1