Fukushima! The ongoing disasters

Kklim

Supercharged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAEvT_UdhNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAEvT_UdhNI#t=484

1) Thyroid cancer in children.

2) Deformed butterflies with high mortality rates

3) Guilt-ridden vege farmer hanged himself

4) Dummy radiation monitors ... and a whole lot more.

Someone with a Facebook account please post the YouTube to Pinky.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

This is a country that knows the effects of radiation 2 times.

And they had to learn a third time.

And they want to switch on their reactors again.

Will they need to learn a fourth and fifth time?

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

We have a clown too, want to start a nuclear plant in this pathetic small island

That is not as pie-in-the-sky as you make it sound - keep in mind where our energy supplies are coming from as of right now. With the energy demands that our little island has, cutting off our fuel will cripple the country even though we do not die of hunger or thirst.

Even if nuclear energy is not chosen, it is something that couldn't, and shouldn't be dismissed without considering the benefits and implications.

Whether or not we take up nuclear energy, we need to have backup plans should our primary suppliers decide to squeeze us a little. What is the price of freedom and independence?

• Praise 7

That is not as pie-in-the-sky as you make it sound - keep in mind where our energy supplies are coming from as of right now. With the energy demands that our little island has, cutting off our fuel will cripple the country even though we do not die of hunger or thirst.

Even if nuclear energy is not chosen, it is something that couldn't, and shouldn't be dismissed without considering the benefits and implications.

Whether or not we take up nuclear energy, we need to have backup plans should our primary suppliers decide to squeeze us a little. What is the price of freedom and independence?

Our primary supplier is already squeezing us...no?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Everyone know sg need a backup plan but nuclear should not be one of the consideration at all. The reason is obvious... With such a small island, 1 accident and this island is not livable anymore and that mean whole country have to move to somewhere else... Move to where huh?... And don't tell me what blablabla it can be safe if blablabla because no one can guarantee a 100% accident free nuclear plant. Period.

• Praise 8

Everyone know sg need a backup plan but nuclear should not be one of the consideration at all. The reason is obvious... With such a small island, 1 accident and this island is not livable anymore and that mean whole country have to move to somewhere else... Move to where huh?... And don't tell me what blablabla it can be safe if blablabla because no one can guarantee a 100% accident free nuclear plant. Period.

Don't worry.. i think this nuclear plan will need another 50 years to implement... By then, most of my family will be out of this BIG country wor.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Don't worry.. i think this nuclear plan will need another 50 years to implement... By then, most of my family will be out of this BIG country wor.

You are typical Singaporean.. Only think for yourselves... Not everyone can afford to migrate... Is never about you, individual.. ,it's about the future of this country..

• Praise 1

Then you do not really understand politics - its more important to show our counterparts that we have the resolve to explore all possibilities than to actually take the nuclear option. They must know that if they squeeze us bad enough, we will walk away from their "good deal" permanently and take our money somewhere else. All this is merely posturing to ensure that the energy contracts that we sign for are fairly priced.

Advances in technology could result in miniature nuclear reactors producing viable amounts of energy and these could be buried underground - even under the sea if necessary. To dismiss nuclear energy without retaining an interest in it really does not serve national interests because it undermines our negotiating position in any conventional energy supply discussion.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Maybe building underground reactor in one of the island

You think safe huh?? If there is a leak, where do you think it leaks to?.. And where do you think source of your new water come from?..

(edited)

thousand years from now probably what is shown in movies

country need to build a giant dome to cover it's own airspace

because the air & water is massively polluted

there is air tax, water tax, food tax, etc just to clean air, water and food

natural resources for humanity is getting lesser and lesser ... until a REBOOT

human has been destroying the earth for 2000+ years now ... still got few thousand years to go?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Then you do not really understand politics - its more important to show our counterparts that we have the resolve to explore all possibilities than to actually take the nuclear option. They must know that if they squeeze us bad enough, we will walk away from their "good deal" permanently and take our money somewhere else. All this is merely posturing to ensure that the energy contracts that we sign for are fairly priced.

Advances in technology could result in miniature nuclear reactors producing viable amounts of energy and these could be buried underground - even under the sea if necessary. To dismiss nuclear energy without retaining an interest in it really does not serve national interests because it undermines our negotiating position in any conventional energy supply discussion.

If you say is about politics, then I would say it's a political suicide move..

See what happen to My when they approved the rare earth plant... They will lose more support for sure... Peasant don't play politics, thus we don't think like a politician... Hehehe

To put it into a car context - let's say that a car dealer has the last EK9 Civic Type R that is left in Singapore and I could never get another one road-registered, and I'm super-interested in acquiring it. Even though I would pay almost any price for it, I would never ever let him know how desperate I am to own it, and that I would rather buy a Proton than to pay stupid money for it.

That's really what I mean by keeping the option to go nuclear. I know the risks of nuclear energy - that is why I have not gone near Japan ever since 2011 no matter how cheap air tickets have been.

(edited)

you can avoid going to japan but you can't avoid japan radioactive coming to you

anyway, due to a little red dot ... even spore don't have nuclear

any neighbouring country like msia & indonesia has nuclear plant ... spore also jialat

just look at the haze you know liao

To put it into a car context - let's say that a car dealer has the last EK9 Civic Type R that is left in Singapore and I could never get another one road-registered, and I'm super-interested in acquiring it. Even though I would pay almost any price for it, I would never ever let him know how desperate I am to own it, and that I would rather buy a Proton than to pay stupid money for it.

That's really what I mean by keeping the option to go nuclear. I know the risks of nuclear energy - that is why I have not gone near Japan ever since 2011 no matter how cheap air tickets have been.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement