Fukushima! The ongoing disasters

Kklim

it's expensive but i don't think is prohibitive

my cousin home at sydney got solar panel

investment is AUD$20k+ and useful life is 10 years (at least)

1 year = AUD$2000, 1 month = $166 >> that's about the electric bill for me

my cousin keep boasting to me that he don't have to pay electric bill every month or may be tiny bit

i think he got some sort of subsidy or rebate for installing solar panel ... i don't think he throw in $20k investment ... modding car may be ... LOL

AUD$20K can literally overhaul a car in Australia :D.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Who say we are world class in building shopping mall???

We were world class until someone build the JEM.... Hehehe

• Praise 1

We need to start somewhere, just becuase its expensive or hard is not an excuse. We brand ourselve a developed nation, but we are world class in building shopping malls, but barely better than developing nation regarding recyclable & clean energy usage & research.

We don't have the industry to support lah.

It's like asking us to be world leader in automative technology. We don't even have a race circuit.

Ask us to be world leader in solar panels? When USA and China are there already.

Taiwan at least can do a little bit in electronics cos they actually have some manufacturing/industrial capacity to help boost.

We need to start somewhere, just becuase its expensive or hard is not an excuse. We brand ourselve a developed nation, but we are world class in building shopping malls, but barely better than developing nation regarding recyclable & clean energy usage & research.

Is that just your impression or do you actually have hard facts to back that statement up?

"Just because it is expensive or hard" has never been an excuse - we reclaim land, built into the sky, reclaim our waste water, and greened up the whole of Singapore long before its benefits of cooling, shade and energy efficiency were a popular concept elsewhere.

There are fully developed nations relying on the same energy generation that we do, except they have the benefit of large land mass that allow them to diversify their energy sources to geothermal, dams, wind, solar and nuclear.

Turbocharged

Is that just your impression or do you actually have hard facts to back that statement up?

"Just because it is expensive or hard" has never been an excuse - we reclaim land, built into the sky, reclaim our waste water, and greened up the whole of Singapore long before its benefits of cooling, shade and energy efficiency were a popular concept elsewhere.

There are fully developed nations relying on the same energy generation that we do, except they have the benefit of large land mass that allow them to diversify their energy sources to geothermal, dams, wind, solar and nuclear.

He live in Germany until he forget how Singapore moon look like lah.

• Praise 1

Who say we are world class in building shopping mall???

Tourist Privileges Passport Sun 2 Feb to Sat 31 May 2014

Highlights & Shopping Delights At Takashimaya Sinagpore

Enjoy world-class shopping in the heart of the famous Orchard Road shopping belt at Singapore's one and only Takashimaya Department Store, Takashimaya Shopping Centre and Ngee Ann City, Level 5. Browse through more than 180 specialty shops, branded boutiques and restaurants. With a wide selection of quality merchandise including international collections from chic designer labels to iconic food brands, kids' and adults' apparel, cosmetics, household and interior items, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for... and more!

http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/tourist_promotions

Turbocharged

Tourist Privileges Passport Sun 2 Feb to Sat 31 May 2014

Highlights & Shopping Delights At Takashimaya Sinagpore

Enjoy world-class shopping in the heart of the famous Orchard Road shopping belt at Singapore's one and only Takashimaya Department Store, Takashimaya Shopping Centre and Ngee Ann City, Level 5. Browse through more than 180 specialty shops, branded boutiques and restaurants. With a wide selection of quality merchandise including international collections from chic designer labels to iconic food brands, kids' and adults' apparel, cosmetics, household and interior items, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for... and more!

http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/tourist_promotions

World class shopping Leh.. Didn't day shopping in world class mall.

You are absolutely right.

Our weak points has always become our strength.

Not enough water, we make new water.

Not enough domestic passangers, we fly other countries travellers

Our ports handle the world's exports as we don't have a big domestic market.

No natural energy resources, lets be the best in renewables.

Our success is based on doing the difficult things and not the easy things.

People shouldn't always put us down and underestimate our capability.

:D

World class shopping Leh.. Didn't day shopping in world class mall.

Why you must always put us down?

So the shopping is world class lah but the mall is not?

(edited)

yalor ... if we can clean pee & shit to drinking water ... [laugh]

turning sunlight and rubbish to energy is sup sup water la ...

You are absolutely right.

Our weak points has always become our strength.

Not enough water, we make new water.

Not enough domestic passangers, we fly other countries travellers

Our ports handle the world's exports as we don't have a big domestic market.

No natural energy resources, lets be the best in renewables.

Our success is based on doing the difficult things and not the easy things.

People shouldn't always put us down and underestimate our capability.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Why you must always put us down?

So the shopping is world class lah but the mall is not?

Not out us down. But I see South Korea shopping mall better than us Leh.

Even their food court is better.

Not out us down. But I see South Korea shopping mall better than us Leh.

Even their food court is better.

I really love Korea. I went a times for work and going again this year for holidays.

The gals are much prettier and the food in the food court is must better than ours but

if you been to a food court nicer than the one below, please let me know I would like to try.

post-23002-0-70816300-1403058669.jpg

I think the mod should change the topic to "Possible renewable energy" or something like that.

I am expecting more pictures from the scene of the "The 100" US drama, haha. Not that it is offensive though.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I really love Korea. I went a times for work and going again this year for holidays.

The gals are much prettier and the food in the food court is must better than ours but

if you been to a food court nicer than the one below, please let me know I would like to try.

Where is this place??

Where is this place??

Ion, orchard rd, singapore. according to you the country with no world class shopping malls

and food courts.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Ion, orchard rd, singapore. according to you the country with no world class shopping malls

and food courts.

Cause I go Indonesia see their shopping mall. Look the same as our one Leh. Unless Indonesia is world class. [grin]

↡ Advertisement