Drink Driving Friends

(edited)

Case 1: A's car is down at the workshop n so he started telling us tat he wants his car bk as it is very inconvenient to go drink without his car.... Note: Not the first time he has been telling us tis.

Case 2: B went drinking (and driving), then came to meet us for a gathering.... He tells us he is quite seh aldy, cannot join us for long..

Both are friends. Both are like 19, 20 yo.. We have tried telling em abt the consequences aldy but they dun seems to care.

What wud u do if u have friends who drink n drive? My stand is if u want to kill urself ok but dun take away the lives of the innocent... :mellow::wacko:[shakehead]

To save their life and also the life of the public...please report them to the TP. You regret not doing it and yet you know about it when things happened. .....as you said..they are just hi bye friends to you...do something while you still can...a drive home service cause him <$40 ....

Edited by LoverofCar
↡ Advertisement

nt exactly goodfriends... jus all happen to be in the same circle of friends. if we were to ask them to stop drinking n driving again things will confirm turn ugly.

that brings me to my dilemma, how many of u wud actually report ur own friends to the authority? [confused]

If not good friends, just bao toh to TP. If good friends, should be able to trash it out without losing the friendship.

Either way, consequences would be dire if something happened.

Supersonic
(edited)

just dont sit in their rides after drinking.. take a cab back...

u never know....

well said. The recent VW R, is a good example.

nt exactly goodfriends... jus all happen to be in the same circle of friends. if we were to ask them to stop drinking n driving again things will confirm turn ugly.

that brings me to my dilemma, how many of u wud actually report ur own friends to the authority? [confused]

If its just acquaintances guess its easier.

On hindsight, since mcf is closely monitored, maybe they will just do the necessary audit trail......accordingly. If so, ur job is done. [:)]

Edited by Baal

Case 1: A's car is down at the workshop n so he started telling us tat he wants his car bk as it is very inconvenient to go drink without his car.... Note: Not the first time he has been telling us tis.

Case 2: B went drinking (and driving), then came to meet us for a gathering.... He tells us he is quite seh aldy, cannot join us for long..

Both are friends. Both are like 19, 20 yo.. We have tried telling em abt the consequences aldy but they dun seems to care.

What wud u do if u have friends who drink n drive? My stand is if u want to kill urself ok but dun take away the lives of the innocent... :mellow::wacko:[shakehead]

Usually when go drinking we assign a designated driver to go pick up and send everyone home.

Someone has to sacrifice. It's for everyone's own good.

(edited)

we dun go drinkin with him. tats why I mentioned we are not exactly close friends. wad info does tp need? numberplate? i do not know his address or where he usually hangs out at.

the gd thing is now his vehicle is at the w/s n will be there for sometime so the streets will be rid of such drivers for the moment.. [:|]

n i think i know wad i shd do now. thanks for the consensus abt this one decision i cud not make. [:)]

Edited by StreetFight3r

it was very sad to attend friend's funeral, a close friend, who involved in a head on collision, and departed on the spot... due to drink driving.....

used to drive after drink when was much younger, it was plain stupid....

stop anyone when you have the chance to stop them, u regret more when u had the chance but did not act....

Bro whenever you feel bad about "sabo-ing" this guy, think about the guilt you'll have to live with if he kills somebody while driving drunk, knowing that you could have taken him off the streets but didn't. Sooo.. Just do it. Hahah

I forward u a youtube link.

How fast that one will lose his/her license.

There is no way to escape the roadblock.

But I think that your friends also wouldn't listen one.

Because it's like a thief, can rob once, will rob twice.

Only being caught, they stop robbing.

agreed with your last statement...

these kind of ppl will only learnt in the hard way...

young chaps these days are have higher risk acceptance...

wait till they have their license revoke and start taking "BMW" they will learnt...

• Praise 1

cannot lor. u snatch half drunk pple keys, they will ki siao one..

They chase you around coconut tree? :huh:

If i not salah hor, if sway sway kena rear ended by drunk drivers or any mishap with drunk drivers car hor...

Insurance jinn pai claim one or cannot claim one.

Can some experts verify?

Ts, you can tell your friends who still drink and drive this not so offensive words:

If you drink, dun drive.

If you drive, drink until u cannot drive.

If they heed your advice, many innocent parties will be saved.

If they dun, then kena caught that time is really drink until cannot drive liao lor.

If i not salah hor, if sway sway kena rear ended by drunk drivers or any mishap with drunk drivers car hor...

Can some experts verify?

Ts, you can tell your friends who still drink and drive this not so offensive words:

If you drink, dun drive.

If they dun, then kena caught that time is really drink until cannot drive liao lor.

unless got injury or TP there. if not, how to claim that they were drunk driving?

Nowayears, youngsters have a different mind set compare to the past gen. They are more expose to the media with wrong infor pumping into their mind, they think the whole world own them $$.. Irresponsible and reckless seems to be their forte.

TS, since u post this thread up, I believe u r the more sensible ones, please do the right thing, highlight this to the authority. Now you can make an not very urgent police report via SPF website.

Dun wait till the end, really something happened and then be tat kinda "See I told u so" person. By then too late liao.. 19/20yo, license revoked and re-enroll they r still at their early adulthood..

I think we all have friends like this.

I got a close friend sometimes will get very drunk, then next day tell us he also dun rem how he got (drive) back home.

Then again I have another friend who always drink at same coffeeshop same time everyday without fail. He offended 1 of the drinking bunch there, someone from another table. Then this guy go bao toh him to police. In the end the police car ambush him, when he drove out of the car park immediately drove in front of him and stopped him, even though there were some other cars driving out of the car park at the same time. In the end, his license kantong 2 years and fine $3k. Not only that, forced to sell his car at a loss. Because of this, KPKB for very long, and wanted to go confront the bao toh king. After this incident, he did not give up drinking though. In fact drink more hiong now, but only at another coffeeshop within walking distance. Every day reach hm safely, even if dun go back also nvr mind.

Can some experts verify?

If you drink, dun drive.

ya i think insurance dont cover drink drivers one.

that time i read on the GTR forusm, got one GTR in SG got into a head on-collision with a drunk driver. best part was GTR was stationary at a red light. so you can imagine how drunk the driver was to hit a GTR on the other side of the road.

i forgot what happened in the end but i rmbr the GTR owner saying that the drunk driver's insurance don't allow claims cause insurance is void once the driver is drunk

ya i think insurance dont cover drink drivers one.

that time i read on the GTR forusm, got one GTR in SG got into a head on-collision with a drunk driver. best part was GTR was stationary at a red light. so you can imagine how drunk the driver was to hit a GTR on the other side of the road.

i forgot what happened in the end but i rmbr the GTR owner saying that the drunk driver's insurance don't allow claims cause insurance is void once the driver is drunk

This story is machiam legend. I think in 20 years time will still have people talking about it. Hor @Sp4wn?

Anyways, the drunk driver's insurance will still need to cover third party injury/death but will not cover property damage. So you will need to file a civil suit against the drunk driver to recover your damages

↡ Advertisement