The Cars@Expo

Dwee

5th Gear

And don't forget high insurance premium with high excess.

How mush the excess normally for company van ?
↡ Advertisement

How mush the excess normally for company van ?

From what i know is about $2500...i might be wrong.

Supersonic
(edited)

What a joke.

Wearnes placed an and for a demo car that is already sold prior to the exhibition. The word "from" is always misused by advertisers.

The other big con is "overtrade" and "effective price".

First, kena lowball on the trade in to enjoy an "overtrade".

Then still pay full RRP as the so-called discount (effective price) is ownself give ownself one. Kinda like how someone who got a bad deal try n justify that "if we count this n count that hor, the price is less". But still paid the full price.

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 4

Twincharged

theres no joy in being con. Yet we seem to be caught up in this year after year.

If really there is a sale that is going real quick, the insider will call the family or close friends.

Typical example is the Golf GTI / R clearance sales. Dont even need to have Facebook alert or ad on the net. Just word of mouth and all sold within a day or two.

So lets be pragmatic. Buying cars are sometimes like washing machine or fridge. You dont check out the prices unless you in the need to buy it. And when you need it, like your COE going to expired, u have a emotional ride with wife bugging you on the price, your pride bugging you when your colleague ask you which car you buy and your answer is XXX and they say "chayyyy ... should have bought AAA car because this and that ..."

Then there is the policy and the fluctuation of the cost of COE and your job at risk and your time running out...

There is no good time to buy a car or when is the best time to buy unless you getting a merc or BMW, then of course its always the May to June Period when they need to meet the numbers. Thats when low ball or no deal is made. Then again, you have to have a pretty good decent sales person to chope the car for you.

Else, the car show is really to hype up and get those with very weak mind to folk out the moolah for cars that .." if dont buy hor.. you regret " type..

• Praise 2

What a joke.

Wearnes placed an and for a demo car that is already sold prior to the exhibition. The word "from" is always misused by advertisers.

I think likely is there's indeed such a demo car unit for the show but it was quickly taken up..

Yes, the word "from" is always a marketing trick to attract people to your showroom/booth... end last yr when i went down to the volvo showroom, those advertised mgmt cars (which one expect to be probably used for less than a yrs with less than 10k mileage) turn out to be as good as a used car of 3 to 4 yrs old liao..

Also typically for the other makes (esp non-conti), those "from" price cars are those with bare bones specs; fabric seats, metal wheels, 2 airbags, simple or local-fitted info system etc.

Hypersonic

theres no joy in being con. Yet we seem to be caught up in this year after year.

If really there is a sale that is going real quick, the insider will call the family or close friends.

Typical example is the Golf GTI / R clearance sales. Dont even need to have Facebook alert or ad on the net. Just word of mouth and all sold within a day or two.

So lets be pragmatic. Buying cars are sometimes like washing machine or fridge. You dont check out the prices unless you in the need to buy it. And when you need it, like your COE going to expired, u have a emotional ride with wife bugging you on the price, your pride bugging you when your colleague ask you which car you buy and your answer is XXX and they say "chayyyy ... should have bought AAA car because this and that ..."

Then there is the policy and the fluctuation of the cost of COE and your job at risk and your time running out...

There is no good time to buy a car or when is the best time to buy unless you getting a merc or BMW, then of course its always the May to June Period when they need to meet the numbers. Thats when low ball or no deal is made. Then again, you have to have a pretty good decent sales person to chope the car for you.

Else, the car show is really to hype up and get those with very weak mind to folk out the moolah for cars that .." if dont buy hor.. you regret " type..

Just for my info, the Golf cum R sales , what was the clearance price ?

TIA..

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Just for my info, the Golf cum R sales , what was the clearance price ?

TIA..

I can say it was a depreciation rate of 12 to 13K a year on average ..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Oh wow... i tot most people all still very busy on weekends one... need to go do groceries shopping, kids enrichment/tutions, visit parents/in-laws or simply catching up on sleep  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] ... Ok lar.. perhaps all these don't apply to those single folks who definitely have more time on hand.

I only go such car shows during car searching period... otherwise see liao gian also no use.

after having kids, THAT is a luxury that i have yet to enjoy!   :grin:

went to the show, prices not that attractive leh.

in fact, the models on show, seems to be of lower specs than the ones that was offered at the show rooms prior to the expo.

see liow, no attraction to buy on the spot.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

It's a mass market lelong show without lelong prices.

The SE open mouth start taking abt overtrade, I tune out immediately liao

Edited by Soya

6th Gear
(edited)

anyone knows after this, what is the following calendar car events for 2017?

Edited by Vidz

5th Gear

It's a mass market lelong show without lelong prices.

The SE open mouth start taking abt overtrade, I tune out immediately liao

How to lelong ? LTA already suck $51600 from car price Liao...
  • Praise 3

Went there yesterday. Got a mix of both new cars and used cars. For both new and used, there were quite a few families sitting down and commit.

One interesting point is, saw a Golf registered in year 2013 at one used car dealer at the Expo fair and they state scrap value 2.5k at end of 10 years. Got a few jokers go and ask the dealer how come so low. But I really admire the dealer's honesty in putting this in their advert. Very rare these days.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

after having kids, THAT is a luxury that i have yet to enjoy!   :grin:

went to the show, prices not that attractive leh.

in fact, the models on show, seems to be of lower specs than the ones that was offered at the show rooms prior to the expo.

see liow, no attraction to buy on the spot.

Kids - you sacrifice your sleep to make them

and sacrifice your sleep again when you have them.

:D   

• Praise 5

Supersonic

Went there yesterday. Got a mix of both new cars and used cars. For both new and used, there were quite a few families sitting down and commit.

One interesting point is, saw a Golf registered in year 2013 at one used car dealer at the Expo fair and they state scrap value 2.5k at end of 10 years. Got a few jokers go and ask the dealer how come so low. But I really admire the dealer's honesty in putting this in their advert. Very rare these days.

Thot the Golf Mk7.5 wif the new 7-spd wet DSG would be there. But still the same old same old
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

I can say it was a depreciation rate of 12 to 13K a year on average ..

12~13k Golf R is MTL for me sia

• Praise 3

1st Gear

Hi Bros... didnt realise but 1st COE bidding for May started already!!

Last month quota for CAT C only 163 this month 1084!!!!! May just hit $1 this round leh. Durian dropping soon!!

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

If you realise, some of the very cheap deals like Kia Cerato K3 at $85,999 comes without guaranteed COE.

So with the Cat A  quota cut this quarter and if prices continue to head North, may not secure the car and need to top up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1