Poor traffic light management by LTA

Yahgo22

do u notice that many road junctions traffic light timing are very poorly timed.

think what LTA do is to just use a standard timer

i come across so many minor roads are given very long durations in the favour of green light

while a long que of cars on the major road

1 is the new junction along jalan kayu

the green light timing given to that minor road on the left leading to some nursery are very long

lta officers are zzzz on the job

when come to increase ERP rates they are very efficent

really chiak liow bee

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)

It's a conspiracy theory.

The longer the traffic jams, the more fuel to use.

The more fuel used, the more duty & GST collected.

The worsen jams, increase ERP & decrease COE quota all brings back to more revenue collected.

Edited by Vhtfhwlego
  • Praise 6

do u notice that many road junctions traffic light timing are very poorly timed.

i come across so many minor roads are given very long durations in the favour of green light

the green light timing given to that minor road on the left leading to some nursery are very long

really chiak liow bee

So instead of airing your views here, why not take the time to channel it to the relevant authorities. Last i checked, LTA doesn't send a roaming employee to monitor every traffic situation in Singapore.

For a start try this - https://talk2lta.lta.gov.sg/AskLTAContentController?action=Public.AskLTA.CreateFeedback

• Praise 2

(edited)

So instead of airing your views here, why not take the time to channel it to the relevant authorities. Last i checked, LTA doesn't send a roaming employee to monitor every traffic situation in Singapore.

For a start try this - https://talk2lta.lta.gov.sg/AskLTAContentController?action=Public.AskLTA.CreateFeedback

if i am not wrong, they do hv a designated officer in charge of a certain area or zone

it is better to air my view here than to send it to them direct

here more ppl will read and hopefully the media and tuck you will pick up

u try calling lta officer, chances is "the person u calling is not available kindly lv yr contact nos and i will get back to u

asap"

good luck to u if he get back to u

the chances of striking 30 bucks toto is 10x better

Edited by Yahgo22

Hypersonic

really chiak liow bee

Email to LTA to tell them lor. If it is really a legitimate complaint, they will have someone look into it.

Supersonic

Yeap, I've said this long ago.

Around Yishun Ring Rd, LTA put pedestrian crossings in between major traffic junctions.

Pedestrian crossings lights are timed to always put you in the red.

Red..red..red.

They think all cars always stopping at junction are safe.

They don't want to see cars moving freely.

Excellent idea! Then, if enough of us bother to write in with the exact same feedback, they may (if they don't outright ignore it), grudgingly convene a "public conversation" panel of mouthpieces, with the audience being carefully selected from the "Whites", so that the outcome/verdict is predetermined - that the existing system doesn't need a change. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

The worsen jams, increase ERP & decrease COE quota all brings back to more revenue collected.

You'd caught those blood sucking and cunning mini stars red handed [thumbsup]

(edited)

100% agree!

I did feedback once before about right-turning arrow timing and they actually called me back to verify the location and it was fixed within a month.

Yeap, I've said this long ago.

Around Yishun Ring Rd, LTA put pedestrian crossings in between major traffic junctions.

Pedestrian crossings lights are timed to always put you in the red.

Red..red..red.

They think all cars always stopping at junction are safe.

They don't want to see cars moving freely.

I kind of think sometimes they do it on purpose to prevent you from speeding.

In Seng Kang (Punggol Road) also the same, traffic lights (junction + pedestrian) all within short distance. At one point (near Rivervale Plaza) there was a pedestrian crossing in between 2 overhead bridges shortly before/after it.

Edited by Dark

Turbocharged

Although it is standard timer, I have noticed some junctions will have their timings changed according to whether it is peak hours or late night. But having worked in tuas, I can say nobody in lta pays attention to the interval timings there. Some lorries wait until bochup just come out regardless whether red or not.

Twincharged

This will increase the CO2 output,even worse.. [thumbsdown][furious]

This will increase the CO2 output,even worse.. [thumbsdown][furious]

U think that our first world care?

If they care, hybrid, diesel, green cars should be not taxed higher then normal cars.

On the other side, if that oil majors moved out from Singapore because of Singapore being too green,

Many would lose business, jobs, economy goes south.

if i am not wrong, they do hv a designated officer in charge of a certain area or zone

it is better to air my view here than to send it to them direct

feedback to relevant authorities has a greater chance of getting things done..I've feedback uncountable times so I know how it goes

• Praise 1

LTA is probably the worst govt acency. They take 3 months to patch a small pothole.... which should be a no brainer action right?

To rectify something that require thinking like poor traffic management at junctions, maybe will take 3 years.....

All their brain powers are already used up to think of new schemes to bleed us drier...

• Praise 1

(edited)

LTA is probably the worst govt acency. They take 3 months to patch a small pothole.... which should be a no brainer action right?

yes in theory..but in reality very few drivers actually bothered to call or feedback to LTA..ask yourself truthfully how many times do you feedback to LTA regarding traffic issues/faulty traffic lights/defective bus stop lights/street lamps/potholes/road signs etc?

Edited by Darthrevan
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

To rectify something that require thinking like poor traffic management at junctions, maybe will take 3 years.....

All their brain powers are already used up to think of new schemes to bleed us drier...

I have feedback to lta abt pothole and uneven road along sengkang east and kpe.

Within 1 week, all work done.

Someone will call u back to double confirm the area, when work done, they will also call n inform u

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3