The best way to prepare for retirement is to use less CPF $$

Hypersonic

Wah. Sifu is back.

Abandoned us for months. Counting money ah?

wah high flyer...how you know ah?

fell into depression after counting because realised i can never match any mcfer's great wealth

so the buangkok principal withdrew my wifi access so that i will be happy with my peasant status again

:TT_TT:  :D 

wah tank jin rich....everyday ownself look at ownself cpf statement feel very rich

:D

Work many years then accumulate one hor

Still is poor peasant hor

Actually, Singaporeans don't need the welfare system and no point flogging it because nobody ask for it. Sad people using that to mask how things should move. What they have to do is to stop taxing the people so much, so many forms of tax that some also don't know and keep the inflation low will do. Figures hurt.

This is true. We are tax on many things but yet we dont have any welfare system. Not saying i supports welfarism but come on.......everything is tax (some very high) and the money is supposed to be for our next gen....but since there is no welfare benefits for our gen or the next, the question is, which 'next gen' will ultimately get to use and benefit from from all those savings? Can say 'next gen never comes'....

(edited)

In time to come with such low procreation rates, there might just be no next Gen at all, maybe a cat or a dog, if any, young next Gen just want to live life to the fullest and dont want too much committments 

So go paint the town Red or whatever other color you like  [laugh]  

Sampai Tuah as they say 

This is true. We are tax on many things but yet we dont have any welfare system. Not saying i supports welfarism but come on.......everything is tax (some very high) and the money is supposed to be for our next gen....but since there is no welfare benefits for our gen or the next, the question is, which 'next gen' will ultimately get to use and benefit from from all those savings? Can say 'next gen never comes'....

Edited by BanCoe

In time to come with such low procreation rates, there might just be no next Gen at all, maybe a cat or a dog, if any, young next Gen just want to live life to the fullest and dont want too much committments

So go paint the town Red or whatever other color you like [laugh]

Sampai Tuah as they say

sampai tua...not tuah. Tuah is short for luck....or Hang Tuah....

sampai tua...not tuah. Tuah is short for luck....or Hang Tuah....ððð. Why must paint the town red.......when i am permitted to have 4 legsl ones....ððð

U lucki lah ‘bang ..... me 1 oldready cannot maintain , just imagine if @jamesc got 4 MIL
  • Praise 5

U lucki lah âbang ..... me 1 oldready cannot maintain , just imagine if @jamesc got 4 MIL ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£...... MCF habis lah !

Wah....4 mil! I think he will become a monk liao...
  • Praise 1

CPF Retirement Sum Scheme to be capped at age 90 for higher payouts instead of 95.

Not much detaild on when and at what cut off age would this be implemented  and how much the increase will be.

Election coming ? When government gives you back your money earlier, just take and say thank you. I think the amendment makes sense   , adduming the mathes is correct.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/cpf-retirement-sum-scheme-to-be-capped-at-age-90-for-higher-payouts?amp

Edited by Ct3833

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

CPF Retirement Sum Scheme to be capped at age 90 for higher payouts instead of 95.

Not much detaild on when and at what cut off age would this be implemented  and how much the increase will be.

Election coming ? When government gives you back your money earlier, just take and say thank you. I think the amendment makes sense   , adduming the mathes is correct.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/cpf-retirement-sum-scheme-to-be-capped-at-age-90-for-higher-payouts?amp

why last time never listen? [sly] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hello I am doing a research on how individuals cope with raising their children and providing their parents at the same time. I really appreciate if you can take your time to fill out this survey and if possible, help spread to those you know who are also supporting both their children and parents. You may also share your experience and situation here as your inputs will greatly affect our outcome. Thank you!

Link to the survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSetkiXB-cs6nYJ59mTQfd6zAMe0emkdK1MPdQD3wLhOQ8Vjww/viewform?usp=sf_link

Keep harping on reskilling/upskilling and blah blah blah....

But, have you ever wonder why those (many) in "not-so-sunset" industry PMETs in their 40 and 50's can't land jobs? Something is wrong with employees, employers or gobberment or combination of factors?

2 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Keep harping on reskilling/upskilling and blah blah blah....

But, have you ever wonder why those (many) in "not-so-sunset" industry PMETs in their 40 and 50's can't land jobs? Something is wrong with employees, employers or gobberment or combination of factors?

for those who go for it at least there is an option when needed, if dun go mean just wait and be obsolete. 

Employers dun owe anyone a living, government will get the school to provide such classes and encourage people to take up, up to individual who willing to do it.

↡ Advertisement