So, Who is going to Pinkdot 2014 This Weekend?

AhJason

(edited)

Talking about rights and public education, are we going to have AGARE?

We must have BEWARE

Brothers Engaging Women for Action and Research

Edited by Tigerwoods
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Yes Darryn because rape meant penetrate into a woman, we therefore must uphold 377A.

Huh?

So you are saying that forced penetration of a man is less of a crime than forced penetration of a man? Or something else? I am not understanding you??

Is (should be) butt sex between a man and a woman be illegal?

Under Singapore law - rape is very narrowly defined (for the record, a female teacher also cannot rape a student) and a 20 year old lady cannot rape a 12 year old boy.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Huh?

So you are saying that forced penetration of a man is less of a crime than forced penetration of a man? Or something else? I am not understanding you??

Under Singapore law - rape is very narrowly defined (for the record, a female teacher also cannot rape a student) and a 20 year old lady cannot rape a 12 year old boy.

It should be illegal too. Too bad when they abolish it, the religious group wasn't aware. If not sure fight for it to be retain.

No Lah ...

Not confused ...

the phrase used is "asian values" - so I use Asian traditions - both pay and be paid from different cultures -

Both are disrespectful towards woman

Simi say what?

asian traditions are disrespectful to woman??

what's your take on marriage? contracted private prostitution?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

IMHO, I don't believe in Dowry - from whatever tradition you follow. I see no need to "pay" for the bride, nor do I see a need for a bride to be "taken".

Now - I realise there are other arguments for and against, and people pay dowries for all sorts of reasons - if they are happy doing that, more power to them.

When my girls get married, I will not be asking for a dowry, is all I will say.

I MAY, if I feel so inclined at the time - give them a gift of a deposit on a house - if you view that as a dowry, that's your prerogative, I won't - to me, it is a gift towards their happiness.

Hypersonic

Huh?

The very idea a man is hitting on you is repulsive enough for me, that it should constitute as a sexual harassment. This should be criminalized too. Those who encounter naked weirdo in the shower room who refused to get dressed for a long duration while checking out other guys know what I mean, sibei creepy.

Turbocharged

Honestly -

Marriage I don't care for fark - what I care is the commitment that two people make to one another, and legal recognition of that commitment.

If that means the "religious concept" of marriage - so be it. For the record - I have not been married in a church (and will not) and neither have I had a wedding banquet. I have legally registered my marriage though.

• Praise 1

IMHO, I don't believe in Dowry - from whatever tradition you follow. I see no need to "pay" for the bride, nor do I see a need for a bride to be "taken".

Now - I realise there are other arguments for and against, and people pay dowries for all sorts of reasons - if they are happy doing that, more power to them.

I MAY, if I feel so inclined at the time - give them a gift of a deposit on a house - if you view that as a dowry, that's your prerogative, I won't - to me, it is a gift towards their happiness.

Read my reply, read up books on Asian culture, Chinese alone is made up of 56 different ethnic groups.

Also read up books on marriage - both modern and past.

Your "Dowry" interpretation is very much toward English, not Asian. So your Engagement Ring to your Wife is some form of "Pay" for Contracted relationship ? (Ie. Sex and Reproduce) ?

• Praise 2

When it comes to the wear white folks, it looks like a contrived expression of religious imposition on people who want none of it. The message is not family, all I see is:" after we are finish with the LGBTs, who's next? "

With the kong fella bringing out the national anthem and pledge... its scary the game he's trying to play.

I agree on this point, the pastor is trying to rouse Nationalistic feelings to create opposition against the gay community

this is a dangerous thing to do

Everyone is Singaporean regardless of their beliefs and preferences. It is not limited to race , language and religion.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Premartial sex is not promoted either but I don't see people discriminating against flowered singles and asking for them to be jailed, prosecuted and eradicated like a disease.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I myself don't promote premarital sex and I say this from experience.

The wife (then only gf) and I had sex before the wedding and we were late

for the ROM ceremony and everyone was waiting and I felt so embarrassed

we turned up late and I just wanted a big hole to swallow me up when everyone

was giving dirty looks. So I hope people don't make the same as me.

Save the sex for the wedding night! Say no to sex before the wedding.

:D

I couldn't agree with you more.

I myself don't promote premarital sex and I say this from experience.

The wife (then only gf) and I had sex before the wedding and we were late

for the ROM ceremony and everyone was waiting and I felt so embarrassed

we turned up late and I just wanted a big hole to swallow me up when everyone

was giving dirty looks. So I hope people don't make the same as me.

Save the sex for the wedding night! Say no to sex before the wedding.

I read above with astonishing :o , you suddenly sounds like my Holy Father [rolleyes][laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

See lar, another group turn out in forces ......... [sweatdrop]

Yahoo news: Thousands of Singaporean Christians wear white to protest Pink Dot gay rally

In a survey on social morality released by the Institute of Policy Studies earlier this year, 78.2 per cent of respondents said sexual relations between two adults of the same sex was wrong, and 72.9 per cent did not agree with gay marriage.

link: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/thousands-of-singaporean-christians-wear-white-to-protest-pink-dot-gay-rally-143235694.html

So that mean 5.3% thinks two adults of the same sex having sex was wrong but agreed with gay

marriages.

So they don't mind gay people getting married but they cannot have sex. [thumbsup]

What kind of survey is that?

Yoz Bro,

I think you have mis-interpret the whole old tradition of the Chinese way of dowry. It is not meant to pay the bride or to be taken...? i really don know where you hear this...

Of course, over time, many people may have abused it and eventually evolve the version you heard of...

Turbocharged

Read my reply, read up books on Asian culture, Chinese alone is made up of 56 different ethnic groups.

Also read up books on marriage - both modern and past.

Your "Dowry" interpretation is very much toward English, not Asian. So your Engagement Ring to your Wife is some form of "Pay" for Contracted relationship ? (Ie. Sex and Reproduce) ?

Actually this is part of the point I am trying to make -

for a christian priest to hide behind the veil of "Asian Values" and strike out against LGBT is just using "Asian Values" as a crutch - and then to also bring in "Traditional" to the mix just speaks to me of a close minded individual - I find it lazy thinking and an appeal to an "us vs them" type of thing and an attempt to portray LGBT as a "western" concept associated with loose living and immorality - which if you look at history is not accurate or true.

By no means is "Asian Values" a homogenous concept

By no means are all "Traditional Asian Values (Cultures)" condemnatory towards homosexuality

By no means are all "Traditional Asian Values" to be lauded as "good" or "proper"

Just like in any culture or sub-culture.

As far as marriage goes - I will do what works for me, you do what works for you. I agree not to impose my concept of marriage onto you, and you don't get to impose your concept of marriage onto me.

Just the same as with LGBT - they get to do what works for them, this wear white guy can do what works for him, with neither "forcing" the other into their own beliefs.

Yoz Bro,

I think you have mis-interpret the whole old tradition of the Chinese way of dowry. It is not meant to pay the bride or to be taken...? i really don know where you hear this...

Of course, over time, many people may have abused it and eventually evolve the version you heard of...

I mean to say - it CAN be interpreted that way.

Just the same way (that I don't agree with) that some people say in a church wedding when the father of the bride "gives her away" he is literally transferring his property to the new husband (yes - I have heard this kooky argument before)

Hypersonic

See lar, another group turn out in forces ......... [sweatdrop]

Yahoo news: Thousands of Singaporean Christians wear white to protest Pink Dot gay rally

“Pink Dot is right to protest for greater freedom and equality. I respect their push for greater inclusion,” said FCBC member Teo Yee Nam ahead of the Sunday service. “But I feel they have to be mindful of society’s stance on the traditional grounds of marriage.”

It that what the meeting was all about?

I thot it was for a good time and to get more phone numbers.

I think its really funny that FCBC member Teo Yee Nam has to tell people

what Pink Dot is all about. He knows more about it than me.

Anyway I don't want more freedom and equality I just wanted more phone numbers.

↡ Advertisement