SAF Day Promotions

Zxcvb

(edited)

Well done!!

I feel like revisiting the hills / villages we trained at during these exercises..... but this time hire a 4x4 with aircon!! [:)]

Remember to pull your hand brake / parking brake whenever on the " Hill " for training ......ha ha

Edited by RH1667
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Well done!!

I feel like revisiting the hills / villages we trained at during these exercises..... but this time hire a 4x4 with aircon!! [:)]

it was my late friend's idea...he was of Arab descend who was forced to be the BG runner.....damn good idea.....hahaha!

What's so memorable about these hills and villages in ROC ? Someone you met there before which given you a lasting impression .... huh ? [:/]:mellow:

i also like hor....spending your time alone on top of a mountain.....solitary retreat hor.....beautiful landscape and serene! I miss those kind of days!

Supercharged

it was my late friend's idea...he was of Arab descend who was forced to be the BG runner.....damn good idea.....hahaha!

i also like hor....spending your time alone on top of a mountain.....solitary retreat hor.....beautiful landscape and serene! I miss those kind of days!

Many wild animals around. Best is not to go alone, for safety and for warmth! :blink:

Many wild animals around. Best is not to go alone, for safety and for warmth! :blink:

no have lar....its a countryside not jungle. The only beast that wanted to 'Suarez' me was a macaque and a buffalo that charged at us as my section mate were teasing it. If not because of a steep embankment i think u will read about a section of men injured by a buffalo......hahaha!

Turbocharged

Yes, the country side is good place for being all by ourselves! [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

Remember to pull your hand brake / parking brake whenever on the " Hill " for training ......ha ha

Put rocks to block the wheels also [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

What's so memorable about these hills and villages in ROC ? Someone you met there before which given you a lasting impression .... huh ? [:/]:mellow:

I like country sides, hills, rivers hor..... back to nature!! [thumbsup]

Supercharged

I like country sides, hills, rivers hor..... back to nature!! [thumbsup]

Yup...can roam around the countryside, hills and swim in the river, even in the nude ...... back to nature !! [:p]

Turbocharged

Yup...can roam around the countryside, hills and swim in the river, even in the nude ...... back to nature !! [:p]

You can always join the fun in nature, dont forget to catch some spiders [laugh]

Supercharged

You can always join the fun in nature, dont forget to catch some spiders [laugh]

Dun want lah! So boring.....no internet, no TV, no long-fu-bao..... [;)]

Turbocharged

Cant provide you the first two, but will check out whether villages there sell 3rd item, just for you [thumbsup]

tv have....not to sure about the internet though. The Alishan tribes have ladies that looks chinese but a bit tanner and large eyes. Some i met are sweet-looking.....and ya the hogs there can grow as big as a cow.....i kana before thought it was a cow when it approached me in the dark but then it started to squeel....nb gibe a shock sia!

As I was looking for job prospect for my son, in the private and public sector including the possibility of sign-on army staff, I stumbled an impressive list of army regulars who eventually move to private sector.

Not bet for your kids to follow the foot-steps to ensure an "iron-rice bowl" and a bright future. Share your thoughts. Thank you.

We have Desmond Kuek, in SMRT and Lui Tuck Yew, a Rear Admiral, in the Ministry of Transport. Both have totally no experience in the field.

Tan Chuan-Jin, in Ministry of Manpower and Chan Chun Sing as the Minister for Social and Family Development as well as Second Minister for Defence.

We already have Teo Chee Hean and Lim Hng Kiang all from the army.

Lieutenant-General Bey Soo Khiang, Chief of Defence Force - Executive Vice President of Singapore Airlines and Director of SIA Engineering
Lieutenant-General Ng Jui Ping, Chief of Defence Force - Director of NTUC Income Insurance Cooperative
Lieutenant-General Winston Choo, Chief of Defence Force - Director of Australand Holdings (CapitaLand unit), Keppel FELS Energy and Infrastructure, and Keppel Capital
Major-General Lim Neo Chian, Chief of Army Deputy - Chairman of ST Engineering, ST Marine, ST Aerospace, ST Electronics, and ST Kinetics, and Chairman of ST Kinetics
Major-General Raymund Ng Teck Heng, Chief of Air Force - Senior Vice President of Singapore Airlines
Brigadier-General Wesley D'Aranjo, Deputy Secretary for​ Defence - Director of Singapore Zoological Gardens
Brigadier-General Boey Tak Hap, Chief of Army - Chief Executive of Singapore Mass Rapid Transit
Rear-Admiral Kwek Siew Jin, Chief of Navy - Chief Executive of Singapore Power
Brigadier-General Michael Teo, Chief of Air Force - Director of Singapore Aerospace Industries
Brigadier-General Gary Yeo, Director of Joint Intelligence Directorate - Deputy President of ST Aerospace, Chairman of ST Aerospace Systems, ST Aerospace Supplies, ST Perth Aerospace Engineering, and VisionTech Engineering
Brigadier-General Lee Fook Sun, Director of Joint Intelligence Directorate - President of ST Electronics
Rear-Admiral Larry Loon, Chief of Staff in the Navy - President of ST Marine
Brigadier-General Patrick Choy, Division Commander - Executive Vice
President (Marketing) of ST Engineering, Senior Vice President and Director of ST Kinetics
Brigadier-General Andrew Tan, Division Commander - Senior Vice President of ST Kinetics
Brigadier-General Chin Chow Yoon, Commandant of SAFTI Military Institute Chief Executive of Bintan Resort Management, Chairman of Bintan Resort Development Corporation (Singapore Technologies unit)
Brigadier-General Low Yee Kah, Senior Officer in the Armed Forces - Senior Vice President of ST Engineering, General Manager of Unicorn International
Colonel Lau Kee Siong, Assistant Chief of General Staff - Managing Director of Embrace (Singapore Technologies unit)
Colonel Michael Low, Assistant Chief of General Staff - Chief Operating Officer of DataOne Asia and Managing Director of DataOne Singapore (Keppel unit)
Colonel Lee Wai Mun, Assistant Chief of General Staff - President of ST Synthesis
Colonel Tham Kui Seng, Assistant Chief of General Staff - Chief Executive of CapitaLand Residential, Chairman of Australand Holdings, and Director of Raffles Holdings
Colonel Ng Eng Ho, Chief Signal Officer - Chief Executive Keppel T&T, Director of Keppel Communications, Keppel Telecoms, and Mobile One (Keppel and SPH unit​)​
Colonel Foo Jong Ai, Chief Signal Officer - Director of InfoComm Development Authority Chief Executive of Netrust (Keppel unit) and Chairman of 1-Net (MediaCorp unit)
​C​olonel Quek Poh Huat, Senior Officer in the Armed Forces -Chairman of SISIR President of Temasek Holdings, Executive Director of Singapore Power, and Director of Singapore Telecoms
Colonel Kee Teck Koon, Director of SISIR and National Science and Technology Board Chief Executive and Director of The Ascott Group (CapitaLand unit)
Colonel Tay Kok Khiang, Head of Air Logistics in the Air Force - Deputy President and Chief Operating Officer of ST Aerospace, Chairman of STA Engines, STA Systems, Aerospace Engineering Services, Singapore Precision Repair and Overhaul, STA International Structures, and Deputy Chairman of Singapore Technologies Training and Simulation
Colonel Tan Nga Kok, Division Commander - Vice President and Executive Director of ST Engineering
Colonel Poon Choon Liang, Chief Supply and Transport Officer - General Manager of Singapore Food Industries.
Colonel Quek Koh Eng Senior Officer in the Army - Executive Director of Chartered Ammunition Industries (Singapore Technologies unit)
Colonel Goh Chee Kong Commander of Officer Cadet School - Executive Director of SMRT Corporation
Colonel Tan Hong Huat Senior Officer in the Armed Forces - Senior Vice President of SembCorp Industries and Director of Sembawang Kimtrans
Colonel Chua Tiong Guan Senior Officer in the Armed Forces - Managing Director of ECO Industrial Environmental Engineering (JTC and Singapore Power unit)
Lieutenant-Colonel Ed Ng Brigade Commander - Executive Vice President of CapitaLand and Director of Raffles Holdings
Lieutenant-Colonel Tay Siew Choon Commanding Officer - Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer of Singapore Technologies, Chairman of Singapore Computer Systems, Green Dot Internet Services, NexGen Financial Holdings, Asia Business Venture Holdings, SNP Corporation, KRDL Holdings, Vertex Management and Vertex Ventures, Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive of Green Dot Capital, Deputy Chairman o​f ​Vertex Venture Holdings, Director of Singapore Technologies Telemedia, SembCorp Industries, PSA Corporation, Chartered Semiconductor, ST Telemedia
Lieutenant-Colonel Teo Kian Bin Deputy Head of Joint Plans - Chief Executive of Netrust (Keppel unit)
Lieutenant-Colonel Fong Choon Khin Senior Officer in the Armed Forces - Vice President and Chief Information Officer of MediaCorp Singapore
Lieutenant-Colonel Chang Cheow Teck Senior Officer in the Air Force - President of VT Systems and ST Engineering
Lieutenant-Colonel Yoon Kam Choon Senior Officer in the Navy -Administrative Officer Chief Executive of TradeOne (Keppel unit)
Lieutenant-Colonel Chong San Chew Senior Officer in the Armed Forces - Group Corporate Planning and Business Development Manager of Comfort Group, Director of Comfort Courier Services, ComTrucks, Barcelona Motors, Comfort Myanmar
Lieutenant-Colonel Tang Kok Fai Senior Officer in the Armed Forces - Executive Director of SembCorp Industries
Lieutenant-Colonel Chua Hwee Song Senior Officer in the Armed Forces - Deputy Director of National Science and Technology Board Deputy Director of TIF Ventures (EDB unit).

Supercharged

As I was looking for job prospect for my son, in the private and public sector including the possibility of sign-on army staff, I stumbled an impressive list of army regulars who eventually move to private sector.

Not bet for your kids to follow the foot-steps to ensure an "iron-rice bowl" and a bright future. Share your thoughts. Thank you.

Yes, nowadays I heard retired SAF regulars all (if not all, then mostly) will be offered a job in a govt linked company.... this is regardless of rank.

There are good and bad points to this thou....it up to how you think.

Yes, nowadays I heard retired SAF regulars all (if not all, then mostly) will be offered a job in a govt linked company.... this is regardless of rank.

Bro TVT, how are you?

I trust after a good night sleep, you are all better today and leave what was yesterday in the past.

You were very civilized throughout the entire accusation, which demonstrates the kind of person you are. Well done.

Good job prospect. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Bro TVT, how are you?

I trust after a good night sleep, you are all better today and leave what was yesterday in the past.

You were very civilized throughout the entire accusation, which demonstrates the kind of person you are. Well done.

Good job prospect. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

Thank you David, and apologies for you to worry about me. I slept well last night but on the other hand, I still wanna seek the truth ..... or least till the Mods give their analysis, if they do give it.

Re your post about regulars, the best is to seek advice of regulars themselves to know what it is really like in there, then decide for you son.

Every career path as its pros and cons. There is no perfect job in the world.

Twincharged

I think the rank matters. My cousin was a Regular but left after 6 years. IIRC he was a captain. He couldn't find a job for a long time. Finally managed to get one working at the bank.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1