Warning: cheap USB chargers can kill

Kb27

Supersonic

Warning over USB chargers after woman dies from apparent electrocution

Sheryl Aldeguer left behind two young children and a husband when she was electrocuted by a faulty USB phone charger in her rented room in Gosford in April.

The 28-year-old, from the Philippines, was to start work as a theatre nurse at Gosford Hospital within days of her death.

Authorities used Ms Aldeguer's death to warn consumers against buying rip-off USB-style chargers.

The young woman was wearing headphones and holding her laptop when she was found dead with burns on her ears and chest, in an apparent electrocution.

Never put any cheap chinese made electrical items near your body or in your mouth.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Recently forget to bring my original hp charger to oversea trip, bought a 3 pins plug and USB devices for charging in a local Electrical shop, return hotel room plugged in and walk to sofa to sit down, the USB device exploded in a very loud bang, USB devices burned into black color.

I am lucky to have walked away before it exploded in flares.

Hypersonic

Recently forget to bring my original hp charger to oversea trip, bought a 3 pins plug and USB devices for charging in a local Electrical shop, return hotel room plugged in and walk to sofa to sit down, the USB device exploded in a very loud bang, USB devices burned into black color.

大难不死必有后福!

Fortune will be awaiting you :D

• Praise 5

Supercharged

But, Bro Fongmy here u are. So what Bro Vid said is true. Yr fortune is Akan Datang.

Rather spend a bit more to buy geniune products.

Save our lives, for all we know.

Sometimes, spend more doesn't gtd anything.

Esp those made in PRC.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Is it during the NZ trip?

Hotel wall socket got burn or not ? If burnt scarli they want you to pay for the damage loh...

• Praise 2

But, Bro Fongmy here u are. So what Bro Vid said is true. Yr fortune is Akan Datang.

Sometimes, spend more doesn't gtd anything.

Esp those made in PRC.

Any hints for good fortune ? 4-D izzit ?

Is it during the NZ trip?

Hotel wall socket got burn or not ? If burnt scarli they want you to pay for the damage loh...

This electricity mishap happened last week Hong Kong trip, nearly returning NRIC..
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Any hints for good fortune ? 4-D izzit ?

This electricity mishap happened last week Hong Kong trip, nearly returning NRIC..

Bad QC.

Afterall aftermarket products mostly are okay, but then there are some which have bad QC and we would never know.

So ya, count yourself blessing.

Even original products if bad QC will also suffer the same fate, just that the chances of it happening is a lot lower as those original item went through stringent check and QC, although there maybe just a tiny % that is still not check properly ( possible ) and whoever have that item, well.. count themselves bad luck..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 3

Thank God you are safe (is it HKG ?)

Just for your info, don't go use cheap Power banks...

Polymer Lithium Ion cannot have tiny air sacs in the dough, if too many the Battery can catch fire and/or explode...

Cheap Power banks QC is highly questionable...

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Some of these charger are really, really dangerous.

If you open up one, you would probably see how dangerous and thin the wiring are and direct connect to 230Vac, use of very few components (to cut cost) and absolutely no protection if something happens.

That's why it's cheap.

• Praise 1

Thank God you are safe (is it HKG ?)

Just for your info, don't go use cheap Power banks...

Polymer Lithium Ion cannot have tiny air sacs in the dough, if too many the Battery can catch fire and/or explode...

Cheap Power banks QC is highly questionable...

Yes, happened in HKG hotel room [sweatdrop] , bought this USB wire with 3 pins electrical plug for HK$35 at a electrical shop, the product is Made in China [crazy]

• Praise 2

wow. like that also can kill a pinoy. 我还以为他们是打不死的蟑螂

maybe we should give the charger manufacturer an award.

bro, your joke bad taste lah,.
  • Praise 3

wow. like that also can kill a pinoy. 我还以为他们是打不死的蟑螂

maybe we should give the charger manufacturer an award.

Pple die leh dont like that say leh. so sad imagine the 2 kids... haiz.

Who knew buy cheap USB also can die. really one in a million chance.

• Praise 1