What brake pad U choose for your car? Cheap? Good? Genuine ?

Ahbao999

HI Guys,

Just wanna see how you all decide on the brake pad you use on your car.

Price quoted from Work shop base on Front brake pad for Toyota Vios

1) Cheap type from Malaysia, China, Vetto, Azuki, ... Around $50+

2) Good one such as OEM,Advice Akebono from Japan ... Around $80

3) Genuine Toyota from Japan .... Around $110

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

HI Guys,

Cheers

If you have no budget issue, then go for (3) - genuine parts are the best.

• Praise 1

Never stinge on brakes.

I always go for Genuine as well. Just recently WS offer more choice.

Nv tried cheap one b4 but i believe not durable and effective.

Anyone try Akebono before? http://www.akebono-brake.com/

Was told recently just start to sell in Singapore and they are the OEM for Genuine ...

• Praise 1

I use Akebono in my previous 2 Toyota and also in my LS460 now.

I love it and all were brought from USA online, the best thing for Akebono is almost no brake dust yet still have same braking power as Original.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Currently using Bendix MKT, very decent and satisfied performance. No regret.

Edited by Edca
  • Praise 2

I use Akebono in my previous 2 Toyota and also in my LS460 now.

I love it and all were brought from USA online, the best thing for Akebono is almost no brake dust yet still have same braking power as Original.

which site you brought from ?

If you are going to save on brakes

spend the money you save on horns

so that if you cannot stop

sound your horns so we can

hear you coming and not stopping

:D

• Praise 2

which site you brought from ?

First you must make sure the model of your ride is also selling in USA.

Second I check the brake pad model from anyone of online shop in USA, example:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/

Third, after I know the part model or number, I'll search through ebay and find the cheapest seller they are welling to ship direct to Singapore at a reasonable price.

The above were the step that I did.

Regards

• Praise 2

HI Guys,

Cheers

My fren airwave orig honda one only 50. Toyota more ex?

First you must make sure the model of your ride is also selling in USA.

Second I check the brake pad model from anyone of online shop in USA, example:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/

Third, after I know the part model or number, I'll search through ebay and find the cheapest seller they are welling to ship direct to Singapore at a reasonable price.

The above were the step that I did.

Regards

Buying fr overseas website may not be cheapest.

U aspire to be a poet?

(edited)

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auto-craft/dixcel-es_1439/alternatively if you buy from overseas site for dixcel brake pad good pad with bite

also the NGK spark plug is cheap compare to local market. some more original not imitiation one

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ap-murase/iriway8/

the delivery for 8 piece of NGK plug is only Yen1368 or US$13 OR can use forwarding agent which is not too expensive if you buy bigger item like exhaust, coilover & others. You can compare the pricing of local vs overseas parts direct from Japan.

for conti car can use many website from UK http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport

shipping charge varies. definitely cheaper than singapore distributors.

Edited by macrotrust2

On fire again? Haha..

TS, brake pads, don't get the MIC no QC types.. Either OEM or Genuine.. Save on brakes, spend the money on your repairs when you langgar others.. Always make sure what comes between you and the ground is the best you can afford (not the most expensive, but the best).. Means brakes and tires, shoes and slippers, and mattress..

• Praise 2

On fire again? Haha..

TS, brake pads, don't get the MIC no QC types.. Either OEM or Genuine.. Save on brakes, spend the money on your repairs when you langgar others.. Always make sure what comes between you and the ground is the best you can afford (not the most expensive, but the best).. Means brakes and tires, shoes and slippers, and mattress..

Hi,

I also never use cheap brake and dun really trust these product to stop my car.

Either OEM from Japan or Genuine ....

Hi Fuelsaver,

Your Airwave brake pad original only $50? or OEM NISSIN ?

Price will be different if you purchase direct from Stockist , Spare Parts shop or direct deal with Workshop.

Actually nowadays many originals no longer come from Japan. Remember last time original brake pads where got so cheap? Usually cost at least close to $200/set. Now suddenly becomes $110 or even $50+. I guess they must be "2nd grade" or "3rd grade" OE, or some may even be fake for that matter. [crazy]

What kind of brake pads we choose depending on your requirement. There is no such thing as a wonder pads with no dust, good friction, no noise, long wear rate etc..... physics is physics. Originals need to compromise on certain criterias.

Have you noticed many european cars (even Lexus) their front wheels always very dirty? I think in Europe autobabns, they need strong friction pads, so have to sacrificed on dust. While Japanese cars usually have clean rims.....so maybe this is compromised, since these kind of brakes is sufficient on Japan & Asia roads.

So if for example, some need less dust, softer pedal feel, but compromise a little on braking friction, cost no issue, then can choose originals. But if you need more friction, then maybe have to consider other aftermarket brands (renowned ones la!) that gives you better friction, but maybe produces more dust or even noise.

For buying cheap brands, i can only say "buy an expensive cow, but tried to save on the rope". :D

• Praise 3

Actually nowadays many originals no longer come from Japan. Remember last time original brake pads where got so cheap? Usually cost at least close to $200/set. Now suddenly becomes $110 or even $50+. I guess they must be "2nd grade" or "3rd grade" OE, or some may even be fake for that matter. [crazy]

What kind of brake pads we choose depending on your requirement. There is no such thing as a wonder pads with no dust, good friction, no noise, long wear rate etc..... physics is physics. Originals need to compromise on certain criterias.

Have you noticed many european cars (even Lexus) their front wheels always very dirty? I think in Europe autobabns, they need strong friction pads, so have to sacrificed on dust. While Japanese cars usually have clean rims.....so maybe this is compromised, since these kind of brakes is sufficient on Japan & Asia roads.

So if for example, some need less dust, softer pedal feel, but compromise a little on braking friction, cost no issue, then can choose originals. But if you need more friction, then maybe have to consider other aftermarket brands (renowned ones la!) that gives you better friction, but maybe produces more dust or even noise.

For buying cheap brands, i can only say "buy an expensive cow, but tried to save on the rope". :D

Agreed with you. Nowadays many so call 2nd or 3rd grade Genuine brake pad are selling in the market.

Different part number are available and produces by different manufacturer. Akebono is one of them and will be trying on the OEM Akebono.

↡ Advertisement